PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats "talking to" Ty Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty Law got his just reward last year playing for the Green Beans instead of the Patriots. Has he even played in a playoff game since leaving New England?

Not for nothing, but he didn't "leave" NE. He was cut. And... while he hasn't made the playoffs since, he did have 10 Ints and make the Pro Bowl the year after getting cut.

Have we won a Super Bowl since he left?

You seem to be suggesting that Law would've broken up the pass to Burress, or intercepted Eli on the last drive. Perhaps. But we'll never know, will we? And neither will Law.

Someone made a silly statement that Law hasn't won a playoff game since he left, as if that were a commentary on his ability to play. I responded with a similar statement about the patriots not winning the Super Bowl without him. Neither statement is worth much, especially with regard to how good a player Ty Law was when he left or how good he is now.

If you are asking whether I think that we would have had a better chance at the Super Bowl with Law on the roster, in each year since he left, instead of say Richardson, I think the answer is clearly yes. But no, we'll never know, and neither will Law.

You seem to be suggesting that Law would've broken up the pass to Burress, or intercepted Eli on the last drive. Perhaps. But we'll never know, will we? And neither will Law.

Last edited:
Like a right of spring...getting more like my allergies by the season...

I was always a big fan of Ty Law..... Always liked his attitude and style....
That said, hard to see where he would fit in here now..... I hated seeing him in a Jest Uniform... Really hated that!

at this point shawn springs is the #1 CB he is only one yer younger then ty law even at hes age law is better then Leigh Bodden but im hopeing Darius butler or one of the young guys step up and becomes are #1 CB by mid season

Ty Law got his just reward last year playing for the Green Beans instead of the Patriots. Has he even played in a playoff game since leaving New England?

in 2006 KC vs the COLTS and ty law had 2 INT and he got more yerds on dose 2 INT then Harrison or Wayne had in the game

Have we won a Super Bowl since he left?

He wasn't on the active roster for most of the 2004 Super Bowl year, arguably our best of the title teams.

That being said, I wouldn't mind him in a backup role, you can never have enough depth and aside from Springs we have a very young secondary that could use some leadership. That's assuming he's willing to sign for the minimum or close to it like last year.

Law does this crap every year. He plays the Pats off another team for more money, even if its a little more.

Not for nothing, but he didn't "leave" NE. He was cut. And... while he hasn't made the playoffs since, he did have 10 Ints and make the Pro Bowl the year after getting cut.

Actually, his contract ended and Law didn't want to resign with the Patriots.

Law does this crap every year. He plays the Pats off another team for more money, even if its a little more.

Wouldn't surprise me actually if BB initiated the interest to drive the price up for his former "protege" in Cleveland.

Ty Law is a traitor!!! When he signed with the Jest last season i lost all respect for him :mad:

Actually, his contract ended and Law didn't want to resign with the Patriots.

Law was cut by the Patriots because he was due to earn 14 million dollars

per year. The prior year he was retained even though his salary was over

10 million dollars per year. Before he was cut, he was offered a 4 year

contract for 6 million per year. He was insulted by the offer.

Wouldn't surprise me actually if BB initiated the interest to drive the price up for his former "protege" in Cleveland.
You may be right but i wouldn't use the word "protege" to describe tubby ratfink. ;)

Last edited:

He played in a playoff game with the Chiefs where they faced the Colts and he recorded two interceptions of Peyton Manning.

Two words: Shadow roster

just curious but was his contract in KC, really that much better then the 1 the pats offered him?

Law is to old next topic please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes