PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats stole Jets' calls - the latest fantasy theory [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats Stole Jets' Calls - the latest fantasy theory

I know more than one poster has asked this but I would really like an honest answer. What could the Pats possibly be stealing? It isnt the play calls because teams use headsets for that now. I cannot think of anything a picture could do for an opposing team. If there is something I would be curious to know what it is.

Re: "Pats accused of taping signals"

Suggest you call the Patriots' front office immediately and convey this news, as I'm sure BB is curled up in a fetal position in his office at this moment because of this issue. He needs a voice of reason . . .

Already done little man! Billy boy was grateful he could finally relax!

Hey, I'm not one of the idiots who is buying into this trash. If you had the sense to look at the comment to which I was responding, you would have realized a voice of reason was necessary.

Me thinks my little man is developing a sense of dislike for me commentary which is really........TOO BAD!:D

If you don't like it, don't respond and you'll be ok buddy.

Last edited:

I know more than one poster has asked this but I would really like an honest answer. What could the Pats possibly be stealing? It isnt the play calls because teams use headsets for that now. I cannot think of anything a picture could do for an opposing team. If there is something I would be curious to know what it is.

I can say with 100% certainty that nothing will come of this. It is a 100% non-issue with the league.

You're welcome, ClevTrev

OK, I didn't read through all the posts, so apologies if I'm repeating, but ...

Who freaking cares? That's why they are *signs* ... instead of just yelling the call out there. Ya know, so other teams can't tell what your calling. Why would trying to steal the other team's signs be anything to pay attention to at all? Don't all teams do that? Baseball teams do it all the time with the third-base coach's signs ... ooo, I have an idea: when the Jets want to relay plays into their defense, all other teams have to turn their backs until the Jets are done! That'd be nice and fair for the little boys in green.

heard it on espn radio. As per mort the tapes have been sealed and forwarded to the nfl and the same cameraman was caught last yr too ..whatever it means

Wow.

If this is true, the Pats deserve whatever penalty the league imposes.

That's pretty embarrassing.

I'd be kind of pissed if this turned out to be true. Why the **** would you need to steal signals from the Jets?

Bellicheck in trouble with league

Not going to be on any of the sites yet, as I just heard it on SNY.

But there are confirmed reports that the league has been investigating the situation with the playcalls, and are now calling on Bellicheck to testify to the league...

Something about a possible suspension was mentioned...

If it ends up being true I don't think it's a huge big deal. An over the line version of what teams surely try all the time. Videotaping - fine, whatever. How about sitting at a good angle in the stands, noting the signals and writing them down. Or what Saban did to us last year with the game film to listen to audilbles. Etc, etc.

Could there be a small issue if we crossed the line between what's allowed and what isn't ? I imagine so if we did it. But it's not a matter of "cheating" vs. "not cheating" when all teams are going to steal signs the best they can using some method.

I wont look at another NFL site if this is true. I thought the Rodney thing drew a bunch of trolls...

Re: Bellicheck In Trouble With League

Well that's pretty convenient, don't you think?

next time try something like, "I just heard it on SNY" rather then throwing out "Not going to be on any websites yet".

Not that we would have been anymore likely to believe it, it just would have looked a little less madeup.

But there are confirmed reports that the league has been investigating the situation with the playcalls, and are now calling on Bellicheck to testify to the league...

Uh huh. Got it. Link? to these "confirmed reports" about Belichick's impending "possible suspension."

Just another thing for the new commish to screw up. What a well-oiled machine the league was before he decided to get heavy handed.

It doesn't bother me. If it's against the rules they deserve whatever punishment is appropriate, but every team does it to some extent.

ESPN reported the possibility. Don't know if there is any truth to it. The guys on NFL live said that we'd probably lose a draft pick if we get punished.

Last edited:

I dont think that'll happen. If Mangini didn't get suspended for tampering with Deion Branch, nothing will come out of this.

Like PFT pointed out, it makes no sense. Putting a guy on the Jets sideline to take pictures would be hilariously stupid when you can put a guy on the Patriots sideline with a high powered camera/binoculars to do the same thing (which I suspect just about every team does, as it would seem too easy to pass up, even if it probably has zero value in the end anyways).

Last edited:

There's no provision for suspending a head coach for stealing signals. They could fine the Pats or even penalize them draft picks, but a suspension isn't even on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft