PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Steelers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The achievements of Bradshaw, Swann, Harris, et al., are about as relevant as some past heroes of the All American Football Conference, in terms of present-day value....

PFnV

Suprised, of all people, that YOU would be bringing up retired players of days gone by. I mean, really...how relevant is that in terms of present-day? :D

I just happen to think that it would be a mistake for the Pats (or any other team for that matter) to overlook Pittsburgh this year, or any year.
It's a mistake for any team to overlook any other team. So what?

You think the Steelers are so bad the Pats will treat them as a trap game?

Pats will prepare for them don't worry.

As far as we fans go, very few are as concerned about the Steelers as you seem to be concerned about the Pats. Indy is the only game most of us think is a legitimate concern. Dallas is close. After that, there are a couple teams that might make a good game: Ravens, Steelers, Redskins, maybe the Jets.

The Steelers will be like the Bengals. Lots of talk before hand about how dangerous they are, followed by a severe thumping.

Sorry, terribly unfair of me.

Rather than claim to have won a game you lost, a la Bettis, you can claim you only lost it because of the Camera, a la Hines.

Actually, figuring out an excuse or denial strategy is more your lookout than mine, given that you're the Steelers guy; just trying to be helpful.

PFnV

It's a mistake for any team to overlook any other team. So what?

You think the Steelers are so bad the Pats will treat them as a trap game?

Pats will prepare for them don't worry.

As far as we fans go, very few are as concerned about the Steelers as you seem to be concerned about the Pats. Indy is the only game most of us think is a legitimate concern. Dallas is close. After that, there are a couple teams that might make a good game: Ravens, Steelers, Redskins, maybe the Jets.

The Steelers will be like the Bengals. Lots of talk before hand about how dangerous they are, followed by a severe thumping.

No, I don't think the Pats are stupid enough to see the Steelers (or any other team) as a "trap" game.

I'm sure the Pats will prepare, as will the Steelers. Doesn't every team prepare?

To be honest, I'm not "concerned" about the Pats game. Just out of curiosity, how do I "seem" concerned?? Both teams are good and it should be a battle. The best team will come out on top. We'll see in December. That game is too far away to start predicting wins.

If I were a Pats fan I'd be much more concerned about Pittsburgh than Dallas OR Indy. As a Steelers fan, I'd be more concerned about the Pats then either of those teams as well. Indy is good, but can definitely be beaten. Manning gets a little "testy" when he's getting pressured and sacked alot. We'll see how Indy fares when they face a top NFL defense with enough offensive power to put points on the board. They haven't yet. Dallas has just shown that they're also not indestructible. Let's face it...any team with even a mediocre offense would have embarrased The Boys monday night. Kinda sad when a team forces 6 turnovers and still can't win.

If I were a Pats fan I'd be much more concerned about Pittsburgh than Dallas OR Indy. As a Steelers fan, I'd be more concerned about the Pats then either of those teams as well. Indy is good, but can definitely be beaten. Manning gets a little "testy" when he's getting pressured and sacked alot. We'll see how Indy fares when they face a top NFL defense with enough offensive power to put points on the board. They haven't yet. Dallas has just shown that they're also not indestructible. Let's face it...any team with even a mediocre offense would have embarrased The Boys monday night. Kinda sad when a team forces 6 turnovers and still can't win.

Actually, recent history tells Patriots fans to be much more concerned with the Colts than with the Steelers.

Actually, recent history tells Patriots fans to be much more concerned with the Colts than with the Steelers.

Since 2004 The Pats have beaten the Steelers 2-1 (including playoffs), with one game being decided by a field goal. So, sure....I guess you can say that you're not concerned, since the Pats have been so dominant over the Steelers. :rolleyes:

Since 2004 The Pats have beaten the Steelers 2-1 (including playoffs), with one game being decided by a field goal. So, sure....I guess you can say that you're not concerned, since the Pats have been so dominant over the Steelers. :rolleyes:

The Colts have beaten the Patriots 3 straight times, including last year's AFCCG, while the Patriots are, by your claim, 2-1 in the last 3 meetings against the Steelers. Anything else you'd care to add to counter this?

Last edited:
I'll be at the game on December 9th. Pretty much the most significant remaining home game by far.

The Colts have beaten the Patriots 3 straight times, including last year's AFCCG, while the Patriots are, by your claim, 2-1 in the last 3 meetings against the Steelers. Anything else you'd care to add to counter this?

Yes, I know that NE's recent record against the Colts is worse, but I think this year the Pats finally have the proper weapons in place to compete with Indy. The Colts are going to score points....that's a given with their high-powered offense. A good defense can LIMIT them, but not sure any team can shut them down completely. I think the Pats D is playing well enough thus far to certainly limit their Offense, and perhaps more importantly, NE now has the offensive fire-power to keep up with Indy's scoring. This is your year. The Colts definitely looked much improved against the run, but they don't have the answers for your weapons in the passing game.

While the Steelers, in my opinion, have for many years been vulnerable to the pass, they make up for their weakness in the secondary by their ability to pressure the QB, not allowing him time to sit in the pocket and pick them apart and often forcing mistakes and turnovers.

I suppose it's just a matter of opinion. I think Pats/Colts or Pats/Steelers would both make an excellent matchup. I just personally think that NE should be concerned about Pittsburgh, just as much, if not more than Indy.

So, anyway.....although I HAVE enjoyed the banter and somewhat friendly "smack talk" on this thread, I was hoping to get back to the original intent of my post.

Does anyone know of someone trying to unload tickets to the Pats/Steelers game, or at least a decent place to find tickets sans the outrageous ticket broker prices?! Have I mentioned that I HATE ticket brokers? They even buy up all the tickets posted on Ebay, in most cases easily outbidding the average Joe, simply because they know they'll resell them at over double the cost. :mad: Grrrrrr......don't get me wrong, in terms of business savvy, this is a genius industry. However, I truly believe that it should be illegal. In reality, these ticket brokers are no better than the average street scalper who would be arrested for selling tickets at these inflated prices.

Sorry....had to rant a little. Anyway....anyone out there with an idea?? I' appreciate any insight! Thanks....

So, anyway.....although I HAVE enjoyed the banter and somewhat friendly "smack talk" on this thread, I was hoping to get back to the original intent of my post.

Does anyone know of someone trying to unload tickets to the Pats/Steelers game, or at least a decent place to find tickets sans the outrageous ticket broker prices?! Have I mentioned that I HATE ticket brokers? They even buy up all the tickets posted on Ebay, in most cases easily outbidding the average Joe, simply because they know they'll resell them at over double the cost. :mad: Grrrrrr......don't get me wrong, in terms of business savvy, this is a genius industry. However, I truly believe that it should be illegal. In reality, these ticket brokers are no better than the average street scalper who would be arrested for selling tickets at these inflated prices.

Sorry....had to rant a little. Anyway....anyone out there with an idea?? I' appreciate any insight! Thanks....

you seem like a good guy, but try a Steelers board. Do you really think a Pats fan is gonna sell tix to a Steelers fan? And no offense, But it's Pats, Colts and everyone else this year. The Steelers might be good, but the Pats and Colts are the best they've ever been and the Steelers aren't even as good as their '05 team. Forget the Pats/Colts 0-3, and Pats/Steelers 2-1 thing, that's irrelevant. Right now, the Steelers aren't even in the same league. You don't even have one player on the Steelers that I'd rather have on the Pats in his position.

you seem like a good guy, but try a Steelers board. Do you really think a Pats fan is gonna sell tix to a Steelers fan? And no offense, But it's Pats, Colts and everyone else this year. The Steelers might be good, but the Pats and Colts are the best they've ever been and the Steelers aren't even as good as their '05 team. Forget the Pats/Colts 0-3, and Pats/Steelers 2-1 thing, that's irrelevant. Right now, the Steelers aren't even in the same league. You don't even have one player on the Steelers that I'd rather have on the Pats in his position.

I won't even bother getting into your comments regarding the Steelers being inferior to the Pats. I suppose we can agree to disagree on our opinions on that matter.

As far as coming here in search of tickets/info on tickets, why would I go to a Steelers board first of all, when the game is AT Foxboro?!! Are the Steelers' season tickets packages including away games now?! :rolleyes: Secondly, the reason I came to your board in the first place is the tickets would be a gift to my girlfriend, who happens to be a HUGE Pats fan. I took her to a game at Gillette last year and got some great info and tips here on these boards. So, you can't help me? Fine. That's all you needed to say.

Next.....

I won't even bother getting into your comments regarding the Steelers being inferior to the Pats. I suppose we can agree to disagree on our opinions on that matter.

As far as coming here in search of tickets/info on tickets, why would I go to a Steelers board first of all, when the game is AT Foxboro?!! Are the Steelers' season tickets packages including away games now?! :rolleyes: Secondly, the reason I came to your board in the first place is the tickets would be a gift to my girlfriend, who happens to be a HUGE Pats fan. I took her to a game at Gillette last year and got some great info and tips here on these boards. So, you can't help me? Fine. That's all you needed to say.

Next.....

There are tickets that are not season tickets, no? And I don't condone the sale of a Pats seat to be occupied by a Steelers fan. Don't come to a Pats board and get sensitive when people talk sh.it, it's part of the fun:rocker:

Who cares about Steelers vs Pats whats up with Steely Mc'beam?

There are tickets that are not season tickets, no? And I don't condone the sale of a Pats seat to be occupied by a Steelers fan. Don't come to a Pats board and get sensitive when people talk sh.it, it's part of the fun:rocker:

Who's sensitive? I expect some jabbing about the fact that I'm a Steeler's fan! I could care less. I think it's kinda amusing to read some of the stuff in here, as I'm sure you'd all get a kick out of reading all the Steeler glorification on the Steelers Board. My point is that if I'm looking for tickets to a game at The Razor, why would I go to the Steeler's board? And just for the record, only ONE of the seats would be occupied by a Steelers fan. My girlfriend, unfortunately, is a die-hard Pats fan. I think she ate paint chips or was dropped on her head or something as a a child. Anyway, feel free to hate on the Steelers if you want. You won't hear me saying that the Pats suck. I think they're a great football team and respect them, even though I don't happen to be a fan. ;)

Who cares about Steelers vs Pats whats up with Steely Mc'beam?

Quite possibly the DUMBEST mascot I've ever seen. A giant Bill Cowher look-alike. How original.... :rolleyes:

You're out of your mind. For starters, Maroney isn't in Willie Parker's league, no matter what Peter King might say. And neither Morris or Maroney have done anything of note against anyone not named the Cincinnati Bengals.

Live in your Colts-Pats rule the NFL fantasy land if you want to, but Pittsburgh has won the Super Bowl more recently than NE and is in position to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes