Pats sign Testaverde

Status
Not open for further replies.

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to NFL network, Pats sign Vinny Testaverde

I don't understand this move unless they are hiding an injury that Brady has had.

iam befuddled if this is true...

Do you mean like a shoulder injury, maybe?
If this is true about Testaverde than I guess there is somrthing wrong with Tom and he just may be downgraded to Questionable with that same shoulder injury.

old 55 said:
According to NFL network, Pats sign Vinny Testaverde

I don't understand this move unless they are hiding an injury that Brady has had.

:eek: . Testaverde hasn't retired yet?

If it's true it's probably to give Brady an experienced veteran to talk things over with on the sidelines. McDaniels is the QB coach still but is busy with his other job.

True per Reiss :

"The Patriots have made three roster moves today, signing quarterback Vinny Testaverde and offensive lineman Gene Mruczkowski, and placing rookie tight end Garrett Mills on injured reserve."

could be just pats filling in roster spots for a couple of games...

SVN said:
iam befuddled if this is true...
The majority of NFL teams do have three quarterbacks. NE's third QB has been Troy Brown?

Fanfrom1960 said:
The majority of NFL teams do have three quarterbacks. NE's third QB has been Troy Brown?
i guess you are right...wouldnt surpsise if he is probably cut after a couple of games
Maybe BB just wanted to irritate the media further :)

BelichickFan said:
If it's true it's probably to give Brady an experienced veteran to talk things over with on the sidelines. McDaniels is the QB coach still but is busy with his other job.
My first thought too.

Box_O_Rocks said:
My first thought too.

Would that you both are correct !

The first thought that i cannot shake, however,
is a chronic physical ailment that is causing Tom's uncharacteristic underperformances.

Maybe he is really going to "counsel" our OC, with an eye towards maybe replacing him???

Probably a way to get enough passing prectice for the O without wearing out Brady's arm.

BelichickFan said:

Bingo! I pretty much called all of this in recent posts. Testaverde replaces the QB coach and uncle to Brady part of Weis, I did predict Mruc even if I called him M@#$%$%#ski and I think I implied Mills would get a big splinter in his ass with Pass returning.

And if I didn't, I was thinking it.:D

BelichickFan said:

If they were just looking for someone to talk to Brady on the sidelines, they could have brought Testaverde on as a coach, and not wasted a valuable roster spot.

Pat_Nasty said:
If they were just looking for someone to talk to Brady on the sidelines, they could have brought Testaverde on as a coach, and not wasted a valuable roster spot.

With this comment mind, the only thing that would make sense is that Brady has some injury problems.. agree would not take up a roster spot for someone to talk to Brady on the sidelines, we seem to be going through some O linemen all of a sudden.

I thought Mruc as well...mentor, coach and a QB to bounce things off of...remember, this is the first time Brady has not had a vet backup...might that have something to do with it?? Also, maybe Brady is hurting a bit..the undisclosed injury...which COULD be true...in any event..the move is GOOD!!

I bet *Cassell* is more injured than is being revealed, not Brady.

Regards,
Chris

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
I bet *Cassell* is more injured than is being revealed, not Brady.

Regards,
Chris
Why do you say that?

I would have preferred Steve Grogan. Maybe Vinney needed another quarter to qualify for Social Security.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST