PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Testaverde

Status
Not open for further replies.
brady2brown said:
This whole up to speed thing is over-rated anyway. WRs change teams every year and don't need 8 games to "get up to speed."
True about the dont need 8 games. But Brady has one guy returning from last year. Troy Brown. Thats a big difference.

psychoPat said:
Ah, BeliFan, dear BeliFan.
You know i like a lot of what you say here ... because i've said so.
This, though, is not one of your shrewder insights.

Zero reason?
Is that why every week for at least a year and a half he has been on the injury report
as "Probable / Shoulder" ?

A mentor for Brady?
Oh come on now!
BRADY needs a mentor?!

Making into something bigger than it is?
What could be bigger for the New England Patriots
than signing a 43-year-old workout maven ...
in mid-season ... with no practice time or conversancy with the playbook ...
at the cost of a roster space
at the position their HOF QB in-waiting plays
... without any plausible rationale?

I laughed out loud on the mentor part. Totally ludicrous. A sounding board? Yes. Mentor? LMAO.

if i have to be honest i'm a little surprised, at least, about this moove

he is 43 and we are now middle november...

probably a qb coach more then our 3rd qb ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
if i have to be honest i'm a little surprised, at least, about this moove

he is 43 and we are now middle november...

probably a qb coach more then our 3rd qb ?

But why tie up a roster spot? If you want another coach sign him as such, particularly as we seem to be on a bad run with o lineman right now.

It has also been sugggested that he is here to help Brady with some of the practice throws, that makes no sense either as a coach can do the same.

SoonerPatriot said:
I laughed out loud on the mentor part. Totally ludicrous. A sounding board? Yes. Mentor? LMAO.
Sounding board/mentor/whatever, you know what was meant. Damn vocabulary police.

GJAJ15 said:
But why tie up a roster spot? If you want another coach sign him as such, particularly as we seem to be on a bad run with o lineman right now.

It has also been sugggested that he is here to help Brady with some of the practice throws, that makes no sense either as a coach can do the same.
First, there is an inherent value to having him as a player because you might need him. Second, he may not have wanted to sign somewhere as a coach. He can make more money being a minimum salary vet than as a first year coach and it gives him a chance to win a ring as a player and maybe even play a little bit again.

What is the big deal i thought they should have done this long ago.
The pats were the only team with only 2 qb under contact.Teams that had 2
had qbs on practise squad.If one goes down do you bring one off the street
and throw the play book at him?.IF another gets hurt he will be the Qb

pats60 said:
What is the big deal i thought they should have done this long ago.
The pats were the only team with only 2 qb under contact.Teams that had 2
had qbs on practise squad.If one goes down do you bring one off the street
and throw the play book at him?.IF another gets hurt he will be the Qb
Actually, there are several teams including the Colts and Broncos who were carrying only 2 QBs. I think that Pittsburgh was only carrying 2 until Big Ben got hurt.

NEM said:
Finally, An Offensive Coordinator Who Played Offense... What A Refreshing Moment. :D

Not fair. Skippy played QB in eighth grade, I think.:D

One of the funniest comments about this signing was on a Bills board, where people were screaming about the Bills lettiing Testaverde get away and how could the Pats sign him without the Bills getting a crack at him.

No matter what the Patriots do, you have the comfort of knowing that they will always be better than the Bills.

BradyisGod said:
I think you are clearly a moron.

Thanks for the brilliant insight.

Everyone has a theory. I'll bet one of these theories is correct. Will we ever know whose theory? I doubt it. Or maybe in a few seasons when it no longer matters.

I like Chris' theory that Cassell is hurt. We need an arm in practice. How can it hurt to have a vet like Intercepteverde on the sidelines?

Dragda said:
I like Chris' theory that Cassell is hurt.
No-one is hurt. We've had a few roster spots created by guys going on IR so we could do this without cutting someone like Pierre Woods who they evidently don't want to lose. It also gives Vinny a chance to get comfortable well before playoff time.

This way if Brady, God forbid, gets hurt later we'll have Cassel and Vinny for the playoffs instead of Cassel and whoever (if Vinny signed elsewhere) or Cassel and a newly signed Vinny if we'd waited.

I have no doubt that they kind of wanted to sign him a while back but could never get the right match in terms of timing and available roster sport. That match finally came so they signed him.

End of story.

It's so painful to surf this website lately I don't know if this has already been discussed but, what do people think about Testaverde getting #14?

Michael said:
It's so painful to surf this website lately I don't know if this has already been discussed but, what do people think about Testaverde getting #14?

He won't......He'll be getting #11

MMWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes