PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat's Schedule a Thanks.....Giving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gobble Gobble y'all!

awesome, except for the fact that NFL Network color and play-by-play guys are always the worst.

Still it is something to look forward to!

edit: Never mind, I see that NBC now has the night game!

Last edited:
Re: Gobble Gobble y'all!

It was nice of the NFL to have the Jets play at night. I wouldn't want to interfere with Rex's plans for that day.

So Pats are playing on Thanksgiving 2 out of last 3 yrs. This year Pats are at Turkey themselves, Jets. This probaly will turn Wrecks Ryan's STOMACHS like a merry-go-round being that he has to inhale down his food fast for a 8:20 game.

Looking at our schedule I can see 13-3/14-2 season record.

Here is Mike Reiss's take on upcpming season.

Mike Reiss -- Game-by-game predictions for the 2012 New England Patriots - ESPN Boston

GO PATS!

Last edited:
I may be biased but I see us going 16-0 and the worst possible is 14-2 (Ravens and 49ers are difficult games)

I may be biased but I see us going 16-0 and the worst possible is 14-2 (Ravens and 49ers are difficult games)

Agreed! 14-2 But Jets are always a pain but I think this season we sweep again Sanchez/ Tebow are DEFINITELY NOT'da answer. Look what Pats did to Denver in playoffs with Tebow at'da running offense.

The Jets agreed to Thanksgiving to continue to shove Tebow down our throats. So be ready for his inspiring prayer and motivational speeches and Brady embarrassing him once again on national television.

The Jets have been a pain, but that's because Brady got scared of Revis, because Moss couldn't play well against him.

Watching Brady help sink that island last year with Welker and the boys, I'm entirely convinced that Brady has realized that Revis is overrated trash and yes they will sweep the Jets again.

14-2? How about 16-0!

It's possible if nothing happens to Brady this season, that tennis elbow and shoulder injury really affected his game last year.

Last edited:
My take on the schedule is that it is set up almost ideally for a strong playoff run if they stay healthy.

@TEN - No advantage either way but Titans are a relatively predictable team and you want those early.

ARZ - Cross-country 1PM game. A layup unless the Pats flake out.

@BAL - Poorly set up for the Pats. Likely the only game of the season where the Pats will be underdogs.

@BUF - Also not ideal. Division roadie after their toughest game.

DEN - Still the same Bronco defense that can't handle Brady and co.

@SEA - Cross-country after a late Sunday start. Not ideal if 'Hawks have their act together

JETS - First Jets roadie in a month. Sets up well for Jets if they haven't imploded by then.

@STL - Easiest "road" game since Pats are geographically closer and will have more fans.

BYE - Perfect time for the bye

BUF - 2nd tough roadie in a row for the Bills (Texans)

IND - Coming off 10 day break for Colts but they are a mess

@NYJ - Short week with Jets coming off 2 roadies (SEA, STL). First Pats trip to opponent's stadium in 6 weeks.

@MIA - Late enough that both the weather will be cooler and the Fins will be cold...as in done for the year

HOU - 3rd straight roadie for Texans

SF - 3rd roadie in 4 weeks for Niners

@JAX - Pats own Jags, who will be looking at their position in the draft more than their playoff position

MIA - Fins will be dreaming of South Beach while huddling around heaters

Pats could lose 3 or even 4 games in the first 7 weeks as they do their annual "find out what kind of team we have" stretch. However, the London trip, bye and the 2nd half of the season are ideal for the Pats to enter the playoffs on a roll. And unless someone emerges to keep them from clinching a high seed, they have 2 nice "injury recovery" games to finish the year.

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by this schedule. It looks VERY helpful for the Patriots.

Looking forward to stuffing the JETSTS turkey this year too. :)

Balt, Houston and 49ers...tough

Easiest schedule I have ever saw..really, is this thing even real?

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.

No gifts to buy.

4 day weekend.

Plenty of football.

Great food.

And now I've got embarrassing the Jets on national TV?

:cool:

Last year Christmas for the Jets was ruined in the loss to the Giants. This year we get to ruin their Turkey Day. Awesome

Easiest schedule I have ever saw..really, is this thing even real?

Teams change every year...who knows what will happen. I am going with 12-4

This schedule is probably harder than it looks since, as Brady_to_Moss said, teams change every year and several of these teams have the potential to improve. (Some of them can't really get much worse, so if they change at all it would have to be an improvement!) But I'd rather have the Pats reach the playoffs with experience against the better teams in the NFL, even if it means another loss or two, than to cruise into the playoffs 16-0 against the JVs of the league.

Another interesting note about the schedule: According to weather.com the Pats are playing in two of the potentially top-10 worst weather games. Now, I know a prediction for the upcoming fall/winter weather is about as reliable as a mock draft, but it's interesting to see the possibilities. The Pats are at #9 - potentially rainy game vs Rams in London, and #2 - potential snowy game vs SF at home Dec 16. Check it out: Top 10 Potential Worst Weather NFL Games: 2012 - weather.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back