PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' recent games - non-Pats fans' views

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameDay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The Patriots are the most beatable 15-0 team in the history of NFL. (/satire/)

Fans banters at Xmas party are dime a dozen and not worth a thread. But I found this sufficiently amusing. Note: these fans are long-timers, they have watched NFL for >35 years and put serious $ where their mouths are (high rollers, sharp $, and they handle betting funds with the same professionalism like that in hedge fund management). Some are winning very big recently.

Love them or hate them, the Pats are the talk of the party and here is what I found amusing.

- Are the Patriots the most beatable 15-0 team in the history of NFL? People usually handicap by putting more weight on recent games. By this, the Pats are far less impressive than they used to be, and beatable by Colts, Jags, or Chargers.

But some thing isn’t right. The market odds for Pats to win all did not decline enough to reflect the drop off in recent games, by everyone's number. In fact, one asserted that they are historically the most heavily favored team to win SB at the earliest time in many many years (I only quote, didn't check his claim).

So what’s going on? Aren't Colts, Jags, Chargers supposed to beat them up?

The consensus was that the Pats tried to win, but probably not their best in the Jets and Dolphins games. It might be that they wanted to experiment something and if it worked, great, if not so what...

- Everything said on this board are repeated even by non-Pats fans. All grassy knoll theories included (that the Pats are hiding the play book and lulling other teams... Who says only Pats fans drink cool-aid?)

Some said that without the tight-end packages for the Jets and Phins games, 1/3 Pats play book not shown (is it true? I don’t know). But overall, people thought that there was good reason for not taking the Jets and Phins games seriously in handicapping. Apparently, Las Vegas must be doing the same thing.

- I had the honor to poll the last question: buy, sell or hold (on Pats winning of SB). 6 holds, 2 sells, 2 no actions.

About the Giants game. My colleague who was a Giants fan before Parcell, took the position that Tom Coughlin should ignore whether the Pats are 15-0 or 0-15. Just do what’s best for the Giants. It’s the Pats’ story, not the Giants, all these talks that the Giants might be known as the last stand against the Pats are BS (to him). FWIW

Technically, the Pats ARE the most beatable 15-0 team in NFL history, i.e. no other team has gone 15-0 in the regular season ;)

Technically, the Pats ARE the most beatable 15-0 team in NFL history, i.e. no other team has gone 15-0 in the regular season ;)

Conversely, the most unbeatable as well ;)

Yup. Nobody knows how to handicap this team. Historically unique. Anyone claims they can, are either lying or really novice. Unfortunately, I was a Pats fan, and must make a caveat in our analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News