PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats-Raiders game may be played in Mexico (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is the Patriots record at 289 ft above sea level is infinitely better than other elevations. ;-)

I hope they stay in OAK.

The "Las Vegas Raiders" makes me barf

I hope they stay in Oakland, too. Building Mt. Davis to lure the team back from LA, only to turn around and say the stadium still sucks (it does, but it did in 1995, too) and therefore declare "build me a stadium or we're moving" is not cool. I hope the locals give them the finger when they move, considering one moveaway already happened to them ~35 years ago.

That being said, if they are moving and *****ing about it doesn't get anyone anywhere, then Vegas is a fun choice.

Regards,
Chris

**** that. Mexico City is a ****ty venue full of ****ty fans. Given how badly Houston got hosed and how bad those field conditions were, the Pats should be raising holy hell about the prospect of having to play down there.

You can't just go there for the day! First off, they want them there all week for the publicity, secondly, none of the players would be able to finish the game, at that altitude, without first becoming semi-acclimated to it first.

Usually it's the hosting team that needs to be there for the full week as has been pointed out numerous times before the London games. Now whether this would change due to the popularity and star power of the Patriots is a different story.

"Awesome!" - said nobody even slightly connected to the Pats.

Me ? Lol... Talking about air pollution and sewers, the team will stay there less than a day. Go help build the wall...
Yes, you, due to your asinine / vapid exaggerations, such as:
Air pollution exposure for 10h can kill?
And:
Did you ever heard about Potosi (13.448ft).. Soccer clubs play there all the time. Nobody ever died.
And your asinine / vapid insinuation that anyone who thinks the Patriots and all other NFL teams are better off avoiding a polluted high altitude city must be a Trumpista.
Sir, the real reason please.
... because there must be some other reason?

The new NHL team, the "Las Vegas Golden Knights" makes me barf as well.
Sounds like a championship pissing contest.:p

And the city is infamous for its air pollution -- Air pollution in Mexico City - Wikipedia -- but let's not let player health concerns get in the way of the NJFL making a buck.

Mexico City is a sewer! LA has better air quality. Plus the narco crime. Did you see the halo of smog over the stadium? Plus the turf was terrible. Players eventually had to go to the longest pikes they could find.

Why expose your players/fans/refs/etc to these elements?

The Cowboys have already cornered the Mexican market, let them play down there.

Screw the 32!

Mexico City is a sh!t hole? No doubt, but Oakland is at the very leat a sh!t stain...if not the entire hole as well.

Anyway, I will always take a neutral site away game, be it London or Mexico. It's a competitive advantage. Think about it. Instead of 8 games in a hostile environment, you are looking at 7. The Mexico game will be likely be loud for both teams.

Maybe it's my BB attitude of looking for even the slightest advantage. But when your competitors in the AFC have 8 games in the opponent's home stadium and you only have 7, that is an advantage for the season.

Another troll post. First you imply I claimed people would die if they spent a day in Mexico City but I did not. Next, you also implied that those who are against a game in Mexico City want to see the 'wall' built but the two topics are different matters entirely and this is not the forum for political rants. Now you imply that I claimed Mexico City was the most polluted city in the world but I did not. All I said was "the city is infamous for its air pollution" and gave a link providing all the data one needs to justify my claim.

Three strikes, you're out. I'm going to do us both a favor and add you to my Ignored Users list. Bye bye, troll!

The new NHL team, the "Las Vegas Golden Knights" makes me barf as well.

They might have to ha he their name already! The have a former West Point guy as their owner so he went with the Golden Knights (West Point is the Black Knights), but apparently a parachute team already has that name and they are already in copyright infrident territory.

I suggest they change their name to the Las Vegas Flying Elvis' ( or would that be Elvi?)

The hockey arena is right off the strip (behind NY NY from what it looks like in a map) which would be easy to fill. Now if they can somehow get an NFL stadium near the strip, that would sell out every Sunday. Plus the fans that would travel in for the weekend would be huge! I know that I would be there for a Pats game.

Another troll post. First you imply I claimed people would die if they spent a day in Mexico City but I did not. Next, you also implied that those who are against a game in Mexico City want to see the 'wall' built but the two topics are different matters entirely and this is not the forum for political rants. Now you imply that I claimed Mexico City was the most polluted city in the world but I did not. All I said was "the city is infamous for its air pollution" and gave a link providing all the data one needs to justify my claim.

Three strikes, you're out. I'm going to do us both a favor and add you to my Ignored Users list. Bye bye, troll!

Bye :(

**** that. Mexico City is a ****ty venue full of ****ty fans. Given how badly Houston got hosed and how bad those field conditions were, the Pats should be raising holy hell about the prospect of having to play down there.
Getting an AFC top dog (if they stay there) in a neutral site instead of the black hole is a pretty big win.

I hope they stay in OAK.

The "Las Vegas Raiders" makes me barf
Raider Nation moving to Vegas would be the worse thing that could possibly happen to that city. It'll be a wasteland within six months. Meanwhile, watch Oakland become a prosperous city.

Getting an AFC top dog (if they stay there) in a neutral site instead of the black hole is a pretty big win.

Mexico is anything but a neutral site, unfortunately. It'll be a more raucous crowd for the Raiders than Oakland is.

Mexico is anything but a neutral site, unfortunately. It'll be a more raucous crowd for the Raiders than Oakland is.
I wouldn't underestimate Patriots fans. Plus I'm not so sure Oakland isn't more dangerous than Mexico lol. As for the field...that's a league wide issue that must be addressed. There needs to be penalties for unacceptable surfaces. Fine the first time then start taking away low draft picks if it isn't addressed. The NFLPA and NFL should work together to find someone they can both live with to head that operation. It's a no brainer for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3