PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Open as 16 1/2 Point Favorites vs KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team IMO is not ready to be such heavy favorites,I don't think they should be more than double digits to anyone with so many questions in some areas.

8 1/2 to maybe 9 1/2 point spread to me would be about right

NE will kill the Chiefs. Just watch.

"Do you really think this game will be anything other than a grind em out game with both teams running the ball a lot?

If you think this will be an all out air assault IMO you are going to be surprised - Expect all 5 RBs to play a BIG role in this game and use up a lot of clock with of course Brady throwing a few decent long ones every so often but I expect more run than pass and thus a bit lower score

Without a doubt Larry Johnson will be key to the Chiefs and a ground game plan I am sure as always is in the works on their side as well

If the Patriots score more than 24 points in this game I will be floored - actually very pleased if I am wrong but I don't think I will be in this case."

What is the over/under on the number of Patriots wins this year; 12.5
What it the over/under on the number of Chiefs wins this year; 4.0

Combine that with the fact that the game is at home.

Go to your happy place and relax, ok, these are the 2008 Chiefs, not the 1969 version...................

Imagine how high it would have been if we had actually won a preseason game:eek:

KC is loaded with youth and inexperience, and saddled with an awful coach. You'd have to move the line to 20 to make me think about taking the Chiefs. They're my pick for worst team in the league this season, in fact. Nice way to start the schedule.

vegas is well-known for raising the bar too high. I don't really care about the score as long as pats wins.

Do you really think this game will be anything other than a grind em out game with both teams running the ball a lot?

If you think this will be an all out air assault IMO you are going to be surprised - Expect all 5 RBs to play a BIG role in this game and use up a lot of clock with of course Brady throwing a few decent long ones every so often but I expect more run than pass and thus a bit lower score

Without a doubt Larry Johnson will be key to the Chiefs and a ground game plan I am sure as always is in the works on their side as well

If the Patriots score more than 24 points in this game I will be floored - actually very pleased if I am wrong but I don't think I will be in this case.

And none of that has anything to do with the point spread, which serves only to keep the betting public split evenly. The spread is not a contest to determine what the actual point difference will be. It is based completely on national perception.

Given all the distractions going on w.r.t releasing players and us trying to sign new ones, the pessimist in me starts getting concerned that all this is happening with five days to go before the first game. But the concern is sidelined immediately because my faith in BB kicks into autogear.

But where the autogear is not doing that well: on my fears if the OL - with new names - will hold up and save Brady from getting knocked around.

If keeping Brady out of risk is going to be #1 priority, then the RBs are going to take the ball a lot more and Brady is going to focus on short passes for the KC game.

So, I expect a muted W, less than 10 pts.

Have any of you actually seen Brady practicing lately?

Exactly, Pat-Judy Jew,

The point spread evens the betting, it's not as that "give that guy a cigar" said to entice betting on one side so that Vegas makes a mint when the Pats cover. Vegas is indifferent to who wins, that's the point.

Right now it's set high. Why? Maybe idiot betters are blindly betting on the "last year 16-0" pats against the lowly Chiefs. They may not realize that Brady may not play and that even if he does the team is so flawed that even winning is not a given. Maybe that's it. Maybe there's a difference between fundamentals and perception. Or perhaps not. That's what betting is all about.

I'd take the Chiefs and the points. I think the Pats will really stink it up this year.

Does Vegas think Brady won't play Sunday? There's no longer any line at the Mirage, and Caesar's is down 1/2 pt to 16:

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

Cause for concern?

QB12

Does Vegas think Brady won't play Sunday? There's no longer any line at the Mirage, and Caesar's is down 1/2 pt to 16:

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

Cause for concern?

QB12

if there was any concern for Brady not playing the spread would be reduced a lot more then 1/2 points

This team IMO is not ready to be such heavy favorites,I don't think they should be more than double digits to anyone with so many questions in some areas.

8 1/2 to maybe 9 1/2 point spread to me would be about right

Not ready to be a heavy favorite? What do they need to be ready about?
What are all of these questions that you think the Patrots have and other teams like the Chiefs dont?

This board is getting totally out of hand. If we dont have the best player in the NFL at every position, and the 2nd best as backup, we better watch out because we have too many questions, and aren't really that good.

"Do you really think this game will be anything other than a grind em out game with both teams running the ball a lot?

If the Patriots score more than 24 points in this game I will be floored - actually very pleased if I am wrong but I don't think I will be in this case."

What is the over/under on the number of Patriots wins this year; 12.5
What it the over/under on the number of Chiefs wins this year; 4.0

Combine that with the fact that the game is at home.

Go to your happy place and relax, ok, these are the 2008 Chiefs, not the 1969 version...................

Why?

And we dont have 5 RBs this week. Faulk is suspended.
We have 3 plus a FB.
Are you saying that since we have a pretty good #3 RB, we will take the ball out of Tom Bradys hands?

Not ready to be a heavy favorite? What do they need to be ready about?
What are all of these questions that you think the Patrots have and other teams like the Chiefs dont?

This board is getting totally out of hand. If we dont have the best player in the NFL at every position, and the 2nd best as backup, we better watch out because we have too many questions, and aren't really that good.

I agree I think we should not only be heavy favorites every week but we should at least be double digit favorites its called the Brady factor

Believe me if the line is 16 1/2 and I had a local bookie or I was in Las Vegas I would put $1,000 on KC to cover 16.5 points

This team is a very good team but is not 16.5 points better than any team in the NFL at this time unitl I see something to argue that

NE should not be favored by no more than 9.5 in this game - Period!

I'm glad that you think that restating your position that other people disagree with one more time results in Period!, but it does not.

The Patriots were more than 16 points better than a lot of teams that were better than the Chiefs last year.
The Patriots are a better football team today than they were 1 year ago, for many reasons.
I don't see any evidence the Chiefs have gotten any better.

I guess we can pretend pre-season matters.
I guess we can hold the Patriots to the standard that it isn't the same exact 53 players so nothing any of them have ever done matters, while not holding other teams to that standard.
I guess we can just put the most negative slant possible on everything.

Or we could be reasonable.

Or we could be reasonable.

Ugh, many here, too many, have become Yankee fan-like. Not only is it depressing but it is intelligence reducing.

Brady can't play corner or a part of the OL

Some of you almost seem to think Brady can do every position,He will do fine as usual if he returns but there are some uncertainties and unknown talent elsewhere besides QB to make me think that 16.5 is quite a bit high in week 1

No, most of us think that having Brady, Moss, Maroney, Welker, etc, that is the offense that was the highest scoring in NFL history last year, has a lot ot do with winning football game.
Most of us reconize we had the best OL in the NFL last year, and the sky isn't falling because of a couple of injuries to it, and because of pre-sason games.
Most of us are also quite comfoprtable with the 4th ranked defense in the NFL adding a quailty ILB, and losing only 2 players: one a starting corner, the other a terrible nickel corner, and replacing them with 2 quality rookies and 2 quality veterans.

We didn't cut Mel Blount and replace him with a 4th grader, we will field NFL caliber corners as part of a defense that is as talented as any in the NFL, and is designed and run by the geatest defensive mind of our time.

No, I don't think Brady can do any more than be the best QB in the NFL, but I don't need him to do any more than that.

Ugh, many here, too many, have become Yankee fan-like. Not only is it depressing but it is intelligence reducing.

I don't know what that means

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes