PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats loss to Bills: Chad Ochocinco discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ocho lost us the game today

This guy should lose posting privileges for a week or two, he is either a troll or just has no idea what he is talking about.

Dude, the drive ended with a TD. The team picked him up for his drop, it had nothing to do with us losing.
174 yards in 7 snaps in 2:33 did.

If anything it was a very small part. Defense truly lost us the game combined with the Ints. The drop cost us precious time is all. May of changed who had the ball at the end though.
Doesn't matter, this defense even when fully healthy is just a band aid trying to plug a leak of a damn. We probably win today healthy but not against a team like the Saints or Packers.

This guy should lose posting privileges for a week or two, he is either a troll or just has no idea what he is talking about.

I come from Guam and am learning english. It is easier to speak it then write it.

Many pats fans in Guam, I am in LA now.

Last edited:

Dropped a touch down pass for a ez touchdown.

I bet Tom is mad at him now.

Ocho who ?????? You must mean Chad Gabriel or Chad Galloway or Chad Jackson(ooops already had that one before) or is it Chad Tate or Chad Price

I come from Guam and am learning english. It is easier to speak it then write it.

...........:bricks: You're a troll, no doubt.

As a mod you should have merged this or better yet dumped it in the PS. That said, would have been nice to have the 5 extra minutes it took on that drive to pick him up left on the clock at the end of the game...

Would it have mattered when it took the 7 snaps and 2:33 to drive the length of the field twice? The second best play we made on defense in the last 2 drives was committing a 15 yard personal foul. I think 5 more minutes would have meant after they scored to go ahead 7 and we answered they would have driven 80 yards in 0:35 to win.

Ocho who ?????? You must mean Chad Gabriel or Chad Galloway or Chad Jackson(ooops already had that one before) or is it Chad Tate or Chad Price

Ocho cinco

Tom lost confidence in him and didn't throw to him anymore. That is like taking a player off the field.

We scored the TD then never went on offense again. I don't understand how this had any effect on the game. We couldn't do better than scoring a TD the only time we had the ball.

This is a ridiculous thread, a bit melodramatic. Doesn't the thread called the Ocho experiment deal with these type of concerns.

idk I've only been a member of the site for a year, maybe i'm wrong. still learning.:cool:

I really thought Chad would have a decent day today. He almost did even. By the way, were the Bills doubling Branch all day? Obviously he didn't have much luck either. He's at his best out of the two TE sets in my opinion. I think everyone is underestimating the impact of Hernandez a bit.

I watched the 2009 season of hard knocks with the Bengals, Chad was boasting about his diet, McDonalds 3 times a day every day. Must be affecting his brain instead of his body hence the playbook confusion. jk, 1 things for sure, i'd hate to see him perform well all season and choke in the playoffs.

better to see this now than later and work on it.

I have absolutely no idea why Chad is actually on this team. I said it then, and I stand by it.

He is by far the highest paid WR on the team, and for what? He will barely even see the ball, with Brady's favorite targets being Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Branch, and even Woodhead.

There is absolutely no need for him, and he can be replaced with a much cheaper option.

The only reason why he'd even be here is b/c Belichick somehow felt that defenses would 'respect' him...that is not going to happen anytime soon. He is not going to command double teams, or roll a safety over to his side.

It just doesn't seem much like the 'patriot way' to pay someone 6.5 million dollars to get such limited looks and reps.

Ocho is more Hollywood at his age than an athlete anymore...his football stuff has dwindled down to mediocre,he can do all he can in practice but forget it when the 1st quarter begins.

He would make a better judge on American Idol than as a WR in the NFL at this point...the guy is a younger aged version of today's Randy Moss......that is a once reputable WR down to a shallow of his former self that gets near zero separation from his defender anymore with the exception of a rare event.

Of course the homers all hold their homer breath waiting for Chad to suddenly 'get it' and grab 800 or more yards this year.:rolleyes:

All I can say is PLEASE Hernandez get better quicker,we only have 3 capable WRs right now in Welker,Branch and Gronkowski,we need you and might have won this game if you were in there.

so you bring in someone whose new to our system entirely and overpay him and has 3 weeeks to get ready for the season. Chad has been a no show all these past weeks. flip it to nfl network and you wont see any highlights of him except of him dropping the sure td. If you were willing to pay that much to a receiver, you might as well have brought back randy. thats all he wanted anyway. add to that the fact that he picked up the playbook asap and he probably still knows the system better than chad does.

i will say this though, chad i assume is having some kind of effect on defenses because welker is having some great games and that has to be due to chad being on the field. kind of like when randy was there and helped to take some pressure off of wes. all im saying is if you were going to spend all that money on a receiver, why not spend on one thats been there and knows what to do. now if they were to pick up a stallworth type of player for less money is a different story. would it be different? i have no idea.

Regardless i'd be happy if they kicked him off the team because he's just a drag on the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen and see a moss appearance in the near future.

By going through this thread, I get the impression that a lot of you stalk Ochocinco and watch his every move. For somebody who hasn't received nothing but strong praise from inside the organization, everybody seems awfully sure that he doesn't care about football at all.

By going through this thread, I get the impression that a lot of you stalk Ochocinco and watch his every move. For somebody who hasn't received nothing but strong praise from inside the organization, everybody seems awfully sure that he doesn't care about football at all.

Since when did the organization say anything bad towards ANY player?

Even Doug Gabriel left with us wondering who he pissed off because it was all properly handled from the F.O. To the media.....we all knew he stunk.

It's not all about Chad not caring about football,IMO it's simply that his talent on the field has dwindled,you could see it with him as a Bengal as well....I dont care if Brady and Chad practice together for 20 years....if you can't consistently find a ways to get open enough because you lost that bit of speed....the game is passing you by

Galloway,Holt had the same trouble....lots of talent over the years but sadly as they age,only on a rare occasion will they get wide open and beat the corner.

Some thought we might get at least a piece of memory of Moss from 2007 with Chad......talk about a wild dream.

It's not all about Chad not caring about football,IMO it's simply that his talent on the field has dwindled,you could see it with him as a Bengal as well....I dont care if Brady and Chad practice together for 20 years....if you can't consistently find a ways to get open enough because you lost that bit of speed....the game is passing you by

Galloway,Holt had the same trouble....lots of talent over the years but sadly as they age,only on a rare occasion will they get wide open and beat the corner.

Some thought we might get at least a piece of memory of Moss from 2007 with Chad......talk about a wild dream.

I do think Ochocinco will be able to get open for years to come even accounting for a decline in his speed. Heck, this is the scheme where Deion Branch gets 100 yard games, and he's got nothing going for him athletically other than his quick feet. Ochocinco has that, plus a little more speed, plus a little more size. It's just a matter of him getting open, and I think they were mostly content with using him as a decoy to open up Welker today. It definitely worked.

I think a big milestone for Ochocinco is when they trust him to run the comeback/fade option. That's the one route (two routes?) that Branch dominated teams with at times last year, and it seems that Ochocinco's size would only make him better at it. They just have to trust him to make the right read as well as be exactly where he needs to be when he needs to be there. And all that requires physically is just enough speed to make the CB respect the fade and the quick feet to beat him back on the comeback, and Ochocinco definitely still has that.

Heck, this is the scheme where Deion Branch gets 100 yard games, and he's got nothing going for him athletically other than his quick feet.

Quick feet??

How about his tremendous knowledge of the offensive system and current scheme?

How about his incredible rapport and trust with Tom Brady?

How about his ability to run the option/route tree effectively?

I would say that these are all extremely important when assessing Branch's worth and potential to the team.

These are all things that Ochocinco does not have...

Athletic talent and raw skill set is not nearly as important in this scheme as brains and intense practice is. I don't care if you have the athletic prowess of a Crabtree, a Dez Bryant etc, unless you possess the mental skills listed above, you will likely not succeed in this system, with this coach and this QB.

Last edited:
Quick feet??

How about his tremendous knowledge of the offensive system and current scheme?

How about his incredible rapport and trust with Tom Brady?

How about his ability to run the option/route tree effectively?

I would say that these are all extremely important when assessing Branch's worth and potential to the team.

These are all things that Ochocinco does not have...

Athletic talent and raw skill set is not nearly as important in this scheme as brains and intense practice is. I don't care if you have the athletic prowess of a Crabtree, a Dez Bryant etc, unless you possess the mental skills listed above, you will likely not succeed in this system, with this coach and this QB.

Right. And mental skills will come with time. And once the mental skills emerge, the physical skills will already be there, and he'll be able to produce like we all expected right away.

As a somewhat random example, Moss was a Patriot for 133 days before his first game. Ochocinco was a Patriot for 46 days prior to his first game, and won't be at 133 days until just before Week 14. Now I'm hoping it won't take Ochocinco all 133 of those days to get the mental aspect down pat, but it gives a good reference point into how much he was thrown in and expected to grasp right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft