PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats loss to Bills: Chad Ochocinco discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Chad OchoCinco Experiment

No......... he had a rough game. I was at the game watching him.... He rarely got seperation, and when he actually did, he dropped a sure TD. Also, he flat out got out played on that Int. He either got ridden off his route, or Brady expected something else.

I've been pretty patient with Chad, but am rapidly losing it.

I have always liked Chad the football player and you are right on.. But he isn't the issue right now though, if the offense starts struggling then I would be worried.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. He's 33 and I don't think he's going to get better, even in our offense. And over the next 3 years all he's going to do is slow down. In my opinion, BB way over paid for him.

If you don't think he can improve from a 2 catch, 28 yard game with a huge drop and a bad route leading to a pick, then yes. But he's not going to have another game that bad ever again, most likely. He, Bill, and Brady will make sure of that. And even in the last year of his contract as a Pat, he'll be faster than Branch is right now. His physical skills won't hold him back; his mental skills will, and they will improve.

If he's not getting separation, then either 1) He can't, or 2) He dogs it when he's not the primary receiver.

Over 4 million already out the window on this guy...? :confused:

I don't think he can. Couple that with non crisp routes and it's a bad combination.

He reminded me of bad Randy today. They are like pick magnets. Not sure what happened on the pick but it looked as if he quit on or allowed himself to get ridden off the route. Then the TD drop, which was really costly in the end because while Welker eventually got the points the offense lost 5 minutes of time they sure could have used at the end of the game... They really needed him to step up with Hernandez out and he didn't. The loss wasn't all his fault, it's just that he seems to be the same thing here he was in Cincy, part of the problem rather than part of the solution. He and Palmer deserved each other. Palmer is a quitter, but Ocho is an entertainer and his new act is stealing Bill's lunch money.

And he's making $6M. The last vet Bill fell in love with that truly worked out to be a fit for what this team says it wants to be was Welker... The guys you sell your soul to test drive don't tend to. Randy was really one and done. As was Dillon. AD wasn't much better. Haynesworth has no heart. I think a lot of the youngsters Bill has brought in struggle because the coaching staff (minus Scar) lacks the stature or cache to get through to them and we don't have the kind of coaches on the field on defense that we had until 2009. I fear this year could end with Bill echoing what he said in 2009, that he just can't get this team to play the way he wants them to.

This last part is so spot on Mo. I was thinking today that this team is just like 09 and you can just see Belichick left with nothing to say except what he said in the documentary. There is no discipline on this team and I'm afraid too that when its all over Belichick will be left shaking his head. Brady will be next to him muttering the same," we got our asses kicked." And it would again be because they can't be consistent for 4 quarters.

Chad looks like playoff Reche Caldwell out there.

I must say I am looking forward to his tweets tho :D

Oh Ocho, I hope your Twitter gets deactivated for the remainder of the season.

Oh Ocho, I hope your Twitter gets deactivated for the remainder of the season.
I'm going to start watching his twitter just hoping he puts his foot in his mouth so the team can put his ass out the door.

Well, not a very strong game from one of our key off-season acquisitions. I keep hearing about him needing to pick up the playbook, etc. But his leash must be shortening by the week, no?

Let's judge every single gd player by one play, hit or miss. There would be no team.
Go eat some beans, you arse.
And by "go eat some beans", I mean GFY.
Just wanted to make the clarification.

Last edited:

Despite his poor drop today, there is absolutely no point in cutting Ochocinco. The team is better off keeping him on the field and hoping he improves.

I can't believe people still stick up for that idiot, Chad. Yup, idiot - because he still does not get it. What a waste of turf space. Drops a sure TD. Responsible for an INT. Dude is negative yardage so far this year. Buh-bye already! He does not FIT!

Last edited:

I can't believe people still stick up for that idiot, Chad. Yup, idiot - because he still does not get it. What a waste of turf space. Drops a sure TD. Responsible for an INT. Dude is negative yardage so far this year. Buh-bye already! He does not FIT!

3 games, 5 catches, 87 yards.

Projects to season 16 game totals => 27 catches, 464 yards....and $4MM. LOL Way to go BB ! Sam Aiken can do better

Projects to season 16 game totals => 27 catches, 464 yards....and $4MM. LOL Way to go BB ! Sam Aiken can do better

Let's at least let him get to midseason before we start prorating his stats. This is the same projection style that has Brady breaking the passing yards record by almost 2000 and Gronk doubling the TE receiving TDs record...

Wish you could coach the Pats and toss this stupid BB out. :bricks:

Just stfu for tonight and stop posting this negative rant against BB in every single post of yours.

31 points despite 4 ints, something tells me the offense is not where the attention should be. Our defense is a shell of its former self and I am amazed BB let the D get to its current state:mad:

Dropped a touch down pass for a ez touchdown.

I bet Tom is mad at him now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ocho lost us the game today

As much as I think the ocho experiment has failed, he didn't lose the game. He just had a chance to help us win it and failed. Brady's brain farts combined with a defense that couldn't cover a pimple with a tarp is the real reason.

That being said, I'm fine with the Patiots cutting him but he's not the reason for the loss.

Dude, the drive ended with a TD. The team picked him up for his drop, it had nothing to do with us losing.
174 yards in 7 snaps in 2:33 did.

Dude, the drive ended with a TD. The team picked him up for his drop, it had nothing to do with us losing.

As a mod you should have merged this or better yet dumped it in the PS. That said, would have been nice to have the 5 extra minutes it took on that drive to pick him up left on the clock at the end of the game...

like andy said they still got a TD outher then just not being a good WR anymore Ocho has done noting to hurt this team

Tom lost confidence in him and didn't throw to him anymore. That is like taking a player off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back