PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats loss to Bills: Chad Ochocinco discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: #85 Chad Ochocinco still wants to play for the Pats

This, on some throws, he did not even bother to check anybody else. He was on Welker like how Painter used Wayne in the preseason. Life saver.
I don't blame Brady either looking at or throwing to Welker and Gronk yesterday as they were dominant players on the field exploiting their match ups. I was only annoyed with Brady forcing a bad throw to Gronk when he had a wide open RB in the flat he could have dumped off too for an easy big yard pick up. He never even contemplated that.

Of all the games I thought Ocho looked the best he has on the Patriots through 3 games yesterday. Yes he made a couple of stuff ups, but he's no the only Patriots player to do that in our history.

Kevin Faulk used to have "fumble-itis", yet he went on to become one of the greatest Patriots ever...just sayin'. Some people have to go through a few growing pains before they make their mark. That said...I think we'll know by the bye week one way or the other.

You can't hate on Chad over a couple mistakes. He should've had that catch for a TD but he dropped it. Even great players can screw up every now and then. I'm not saying he is great, but he's a good player that will contribute.

Well the bolded is a clearly crock of ****. Ocho created good separation on quite a few plays yesterday. He made 2 glaring mistakes by 1. dropping a sure TD and 2. letting the defensive back undercut him on the interception.

Ocho's created separation. Brady looked for Gronkowski and Welker yesterday.

Randy Moss would have caught that TD pass.

You can't hate on Chad over a couple mistakes. He should've had that catch for a TD but he dropped it. Even great players can screw up every now and then. I'm not saying he is great, but he's a good player that will contribute.

Ocho will drop a few more before its said and done.

Peter King said he had the dropsies real bad in TC.

Revelation of the day, bad: Starting to wonder if Chad Ochocinco has Steve Sax or Chuck Knoblauch disease. When I saw the Patriots in practice this summer -- one practice -- Ochocinco dropped three easy catches. He had a bad one in the opener at Miami. And Sunday, in Buffalo, Tom Brady laid a touchdown right in his hands late in the game. Couldn't have thrown a more perfect ball. Doink. Another drop. What is it with this guy? Stage too big for him after playing a career in nowhereland?
Johnson dropped alot of balls in Cinci, so none of this is surprising. 53% catch rate might be OK for the Bengals, but it aint good if youre a NE Patriot WR. Tate and Edelman were in the 50's last year.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | WIDE RECEIVERS 2010

Ocho will drop a few more before its said and done.

Right. And if him dropping that ball lost the game yesterday, but he comes back and does make the game-winning catch in the Super Bowl, I don't think anyone would complain about his early-season drops. Ochocinco is not currently a finished product. We don't know how far he is from that, but he was two mental mistakes away from a pretty productive day.

(Of course, they're winning the Super Bowl by at least 2 scores, so there really isn't a "game-winning" catch ;) )

Re: The Chad OchoCinco Experiment

Nooo, tell us how you REALLY feel! LOL.
Do I need to call the crisis hotline for you?
As far as Chad Ochocinco, yeah he's been bad for us. No doubt. I just hope he takes this the right way, sees it as a challenge, then rises to the challenge. The draft pick is spent, the bonus money is paid, let's see what we have before we dump Chad by the wayside. Also as someone mentioned, there's always Price waiting in the wings once we find out this really can't work.

The defense, well that's another topic entirely. But let's just say I'm not convinced that they are the bottomless pit of suck yet. They're bad so far but there's still 13 games left to play in the season. BB, I've got faith in you, let's hope that Sergio Brown and Josh Barrett show they are better than what they've been. And when Chung and Haynesworth get healthy, that will help the D even more.

No pass rush, CB's cant cover, S are Arena football level, and the 403 defense being played is ill suited to this personnel. This D will get carved up this year. They are setup to play 4-3 attacking D but have not one D player that can put the rush. Does this team even have a speed rusher ? If you say we have to count on a Redskin reject and a Bear reject, I will puke.

Hello 9-7 season. This is 2006 revisited when D was giving up 100+ yards rushing a game

With one hand. But Randy Moss ain't walking through that door. And the Randy Moss of today ain't the Randy Moss of 2007 or even 2009 anymore.

Randy Moss would have caught that TD pass.

Last edited:
Re: The Chad OchoCinco Experiment

With one hand. But Randy Moss ain't walking through that door. And the Randy Moss of today ain't the Randy Moss of 2007 or even 2009 anymore.

Never say never.

Randy might dust off old cleats and try for that elusive ring.

I don't particularly care who it is, but someone needs to step up to be a credible deep threat - especially with Hernandez out.

Hernandez is our defacto deep threat WR - normally that would be a big red flag for a team but Hernandez is that good and fast.

Even with Hernandez on the field, for all of Brady's passing this year he's only made 8 pass attempts thrown over 20 yards. Which for a normal QB wouldn't be that bad but given Brady's volume of passes thrown, it's pretty clear to defenses at this stage that aside from Hernandez they have little to worry about.

I'm sure Belichick wishes he had a productive Ochocinco right now as he made clear that he admired and respected the Raiders ability to be a serious threat from sideline to sideline and line of scrimmage to goal, no matter where they are on the field.

In otherwords, his defense has to cover the entire field against Oakland at all times

Belichick and Brady CAN find a way to win without having that same skill set on the team - just as they did in the Reche Caldwell era - but it's much better to own the entire field.

Right now Brady is deadly in the 10-20 yard range - but that's the primary area that Defenses need to cover and unlike the first two games, Buffalo had enough game tape to focus their defense accordingly and the results showed.

The deep threat receiver is a MYTH.

Tom Brady has passed for 517, 423, and 387 yards without this so called 'deep threat'. And if Gronk's 30 yard catch hadn't been called back on a stupid penalty, Brady would have had 400+ for the day.

Would I love to have Mike Wallace on this team? Absolutely. But instead we drafted Brandon Tate. But the so called 'lack of a deep threat' hasn't hurt our offense at all. What really hurts our offense is a lack of balance right now. Ridley was piling up 1st downs like he was taking candy from the Bill's defense. And then mysteriously BOB decides to stop running the football.

Soon after, turnovers piled up off INTS because guess what the Bills were KEYING on the pass!! Fancy that! If the Pats offensive playcalling were less predictable and we used some of those shiny new RBs we drafted, maybe we wouldn't be discussing a loss right now.

Let's hope the Pats offensive gameplan is a LOT more diverse and innovative for next week's game against the Raiders.

I don't particularly care who it is, but someone needs to step up to be a credible deep threat - especially with Hernandez out.

The dropping of that ball was disappointing. If Chad caught it, he would have gotten the TD, and it really would have changed the momentum of the game, but we can only speculate on what COULD have happened.

Why the HELL did we let Gaffney go?

For money; maybe not an insignificant amount at that time, but a heluva lot less
than what Bill's paying OchoStinko now.

Quick feet??

How about his tremendous knowledge of the offensive system and current scheme?

How about his incredible rapport and trust with Tom Brady?

How about his ability to run the option/route tree effectively?

I would say that these are all extremely important when assessing Branch's worth and potential to the team.

These are all things that Ochocinco does not have...

Did Branch have all this after three months with the team?

The dropping of that ball was disappointing. If Chad caught it, he would have gotten the TD, and it really would have changed the momentum of the game, but we can only speculate on what COULD have happened.

They got a TD on that drive anyways..now if they missed it on that 4th down..then yes all the blame would be on him

At least he got open. That's 90% of the battle, isn't it?

For money; maybe not an insignificant amount at that time, but a heluva lot less
than what Bill's paying OchoStinko now.

That's kinda my point, it was penny-wise but pound foolish, Getting a solid WR that knows our system and has TFB's trust is not an easy thing, we'd do well to keep them, especially when the cost isn't extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back