PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats loss to Bills: Chad Ochocinco discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Chad OchoCinco Experiment

I didn't like the trade then and I don't like it now. 4 million for an aging WR who's our #3 or # 4 WR? It doesn't sound like a sound investment to me. I'd rather have Price activated.

I don't think he was suppose to be the #3 or #4. Probably 2 or 2B at worst. You don't pay a # 3 or #4 receiver 4 million dollars.

I don't think he was suppose to be the #3 or #4. Probably 2 or 2B at worst. You don't pay a # 3 or #4 receiver 4 million dollars.

Sorry if my point wasn't clear. I'm sayin he is our 3rd or 4th or maybe even 5th option.

He also wasn't paid $4M for what he is right now. He was paid that for what he has the potential to become.

I thought he looked more comfortable today than he had up until now.

Agreed. Miscue aside, I think he's proving to be more effective with each game. I'd resist the temptation for a knee-jerk response and see if he continues to progress.

After all, I wouldn't want to rely on Branch to stay healthy all year.

He did everything right but catch the pass. I was particularly annoyed by the drop as it was at a key time in the game, but Randy made a habit of that in his last days here. How quickly people forget.

If people want to rag on the offense, rag on the lack of play calling balance. Ridley got hot... so we benched him.

You are kind of comparing apples and oranges here. Moss was majorly productive from day one. Moss did have some drops his last year here....but not that bad. Ocho has been useless here to this point. Maybe he will eventually learn the playbook and be a factor here..I just can't see it at this point. But, i also don't see BB cutting him.

He also wasn't paid $4M for what he is right now. He was paid that for what he has the potential to become.

Well, 20% of the season is already over, so let's hope that potential is reached fairly quickly.

Well, 20% of the season is already over, so let's hope that potential is reached fairly quickly.

3/19 isn't 20%;)

Deactivate him until he proves in practice he's up to speed. Stop saying Bring back Moss, too. We had 4 turnovers, a dropped touchdown pass, and a 30+yard Gronk (unless I'm thinking of last week, it seems Gronk has atleast one big catch brought back every week) catch negated by a penalty and still put up 31 points. We don't need more "stars" we need more dependable players. We need Hernandez to get healthy.

forget him for at least 4 weeks, likely 6. If the plan was for Welker, Gronk and Hernandez to be total offense this year, then BB is one big idiot. Hernandez coming back does nothing for this team. Without him they still put 31 points today.

Problem is that This team is totally flawed on Defense. The offense is further contibuting to this by only pass happy strategy, and there is no run balance to keeps opposing D's guessing. When they run it is some stupid juke play by Woodhead. Yes, they are scoring 30+ per game and naysers will flame me for this, but this is the biggest crap of offense you will see. There is absolute no focus on ball control. BOB is on crack if he thinks this strategy will continue to work as the cold weather sets in.

On defense the flaws are now being surgically exposed. They lucked out against Miami and because SD imploded in the Red zone they walked away with a win at home. Today, all these flaws were completely exposed. 40+ attempts per game and eventually you will start seeing Defenses getting lucky breaks

No pass rush, CB's cant cover, S are Arena football level, and the 403 defense being played is ill suited to this personnel. This D will get carved up this year. They are setup to play 4-3 attacking D but have not one D player that can put the rush. Does this team even have a speed rusher ? If you say we have to count on a Redskin reject and a Bear reject, I will puke.

Hello 9-7 season. This is 2006 revisited when D was giving up 100+ yards rushing a game

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. He's 33 and I don't think he's going to get better, even in our offense. And over the next 3 years all he's going to do is slow down. In my opinion, BB way over paid for him.

He's not going to be a decoy much longer if teams figure out that Brady downturn have much confidence in him....or if he keeps dropping damned balls! Fact is teams don't "game.plan" for Ocho like they did for someone like Moss. Maybe ocho will be a factor later in season after learning playbook. Again, i don't see BB cutting him....

After a bit more research, it appears the Pats have already paid Ocho more than 4 million dollars this season, as a signing bonus.

Patriots limit risk with contracts - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Barring improvement, I can therefore see Ocho lingering for the entire season as an overpaid WR3/decoy, if only to justify the outrageous expense.

So was OforStinko in "Awe" today ?

forget him for at least 4 weeks, likely 6. If the plan was for Welker, Gronk and Hernandez to be total offense this year, then BB is one big idiot. Hernandez coming back does nothing for this team. Without him they still put 31 points today.

Problem is that This team is totally flawed on Defense. The offense is further contibuting to this by only pass happy strategy, and there is no run balance to keeps opposing D's guessing. When they run it is some stupid juke play by Woodhead. Yes, they are scoring 30+ per game and naysers will flame me for this, but this is the biggest crap of offense you will see. There is absolute no focus on ball control. BOB is on crack if he thinks this strategy will continue to work as the cold weather sets in.

On defense the flaws are now being surgically exposed. They lucked out against Miami and because SD imploded in the Red zone they walked away with a win at home. Today, all these flaws were completely exposed. 40+ attempts per game and eventually you will start seeing Defenses getting lucky breaks

No pass rush, CB's cant cover, S are Arena football level, and the 403 defense being played is ill suited to this personnel. This D will get carved up this year. They are setup to play 4-3 attacking D but have not one D player that can put the rush. Does this team even have a speed rusher ? If you say we have to count on a Redskin reject and a Bear reject, I will puke.

Hello 9-7 season. This is 2006 revisited when D was giving up 100+ yards rushing a game

You know what? The defense is bad but not as bad as you claim. You really don't think Chung, Dowling and Haynesworth would of made a TD difference today? Seems to me like every defense thus far is a sieve in this league. They'll be ok as the season goes on.

He reminded me of bad Randy today. They are like pick magnets. Not sure what happened on the pick but it looked as if he quit on or allowed himself to get ridden off the route. Then the TD drop, which was really costly in the end because while Welker eventually got the points the offense lost 5 minutes of time they sure could have used at the end of the game... They really needed him to step up with Hernandez out and he didn't. The loss wasn't all his fault, it's just that he seems to be the same thing here he was in Cincy, part of the problem rather than part of the solution. He and Palmer deserved each other. Palmer is a quitter, but Ocho is an entertainer and his new act is stealing Bill's lunch money.

And he's making $6M. The last vet Bill fell in love with that truly worked out to be a fit for what this team says it wants to be was Welker... The guys you sell your soul to test drive don't tend to. Randy was really one and done. As was Dillon. AD wasn't much better. Haynesworth has no heart. I think a lot of the youngsters Bill has brought in struggle because the coaching staff (minus Scar) lacks the stature or cache to get through to them and we don't have the kind of coaches on the field on defense that we had until 2009. I fear this year could end with Bill echoing what he said in 2009, that he just can't get this team to play the way he wants them to.

The Ocho experiment is nearing it's end. He is mostly a non-factor...except when he's a negative factor. The last thing this Offense needs is another blanketed has-been Diva to try and force passes to, resulting in negative plays. Didn't BB put that style of play out of our collective misery last year? TO would've been the better choice, in hindsight. At least his stone hands can outmuscle most DBs, which would make his occasional drops somewhat less maddening. He could wrestle an errant pass out of another set of hands for an incompletion, theoretically.

What am I saying? This roster is being re-made on the fly by BB and Floyd Reese...I think I will choose to let this play out. It will get better, to the extent any Defense can in this new NFL. The only question is, has time passed BB and Brady by? The list of SB winners at Their age in their respective positions is very short.

Last edited:

And he's making $6M. The last vet Bill fell in love with that truly worked out to be a fit for what this team says it wants to be was Welker... The guys you sell your soul to test drive don't tend to.

For the kind of money Ocho is making, someone in the organization ( who do you think? ;) ) vouched for him as a slam dunk. A SLAM DUNK.

They must be shocked at how he has failed to deliver so far, but to justify the expense, he'll stick around.

Last edited:

Ocho cinco didn't cost us this win today, the defense and penalties did.

How about starting a Fire the whole defensive unit thread including all defensive coaches.

Maybe Its time for the Pats to actually hire a defensive coordinator.

Last edited:

I thought he looked more comfortable today than he had up until now.

No......... he had a rough game. I was at the game watching him.... He rarely got seperation, and when he actually did, he dropped a sure TD. Also, he flat out got out played on that Int. He either got ridden off his route, or Brady expected something else.

I've been pretty patient with Chad, but am rapidly losing it.

No......... he had a rough game. I was at the game watching him.... He rarely got seperation, and when he actually did, he dropped a sure TD. Also, he flat out got out played on that Int. He either got ridden off his route, or Brady expected something else.

I've been pretty patient with Chad, but am rapidly losing it.

If he's not getting separation, then either 1) He can't, or 2) He dogs it when he's not the primary receiver.

Over 4 million already out the window on this guy...? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill