PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats looking to go 8-0 on the road this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For this weekend's game on Sunday everyone just keeps talking about the possibility of securing home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If the Pats win they will accomplish this but their home record will be 6-2 while their away record would be 8-0. Since we play better on the road than at home do we REALLY want home field advantage?.................................

Ok, Ok, I'm 100% kidding. Some people here already think I'm crazy but don't worry I'm not THAT crazy. Obviously you want home field.

It would be rather impressive though, to go 8-0 on the road. As far as I can recall (which is not exact science) I think the only other time we've accomplished this was in 2007 (when we went 16-0 overall). Sure, we didn't have a brutal away schedule (since the NYJ, CLE, and SF were on the list) but winning on the road (even to inferior opponents) is no joke. Obviously I'm rooting for a win this weekend for home field advantage, but going undefeated on the road for the season would be pretty cool too.

As long as they go 9-0 ( or even 8-1) as long as that last victory is in Houston in February.... ( yeah I know it is technically neutral) but IIRC the NFC was home at SB 49, so the NFL should be the home team this year as well.......

As long as they go 9-0 ( or even 8-1) as long as that last victory is in Houston in February.... ( yeah I know it is technically neutral) but IIRC the NFC was home at SB 49, so the NFL should be the home team this year as well.......
in the mind of Goodell (if such a thing exists), the Pats will always be the "Away" team in the SB no matter what the year.

I hope if we make the SB we wear white. The team wearing white has won 11 of the last 12 SBS.

We've lost two games at home -- maybe we don't want HFA in the playoffs!

I kid, I kid.. Brisket and close loss to Seattle.. I know ;)

I hope if we make the SB we wear white. The team wearing white has won 11 of the last 12 SBS.

Hmm, I was unaware of that stat. Obviously dumb luck but interesting the none-the-less.

Since the AFC would be the away team this year the AFC team would most likely be wearing white UNLESS the Cowboys make their way in.

The color means absolutely nothing, but the AFC is the road team this year, so the Pats will wear white (unless the game is against Dallas.)

We've lost two games at home -- maybe we don't want HFA in the playoffs!

I kid, I kid.. Brisket and close loss to Seattle.. I know ;)

I wouldn't mind playing on Oakland. I think we'd win. I just hate the team flying cross country, back to Foxboro, than to Houston. Playing in KC? That's a different story...that crowd is nuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back