PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats looking at Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schecter: Moss being heavily shopped

I just heard from Schefter the Patriots are trying to swing a 2nd round pick for Randy Moss, and that Randy Moss wants to win a superbowl (who doesn't) and he's willing to restructure his contract with the Patriots (but not with the Raiders). Looks like Pats were of serious interest.

With a restructured contract. I'd take Randy Moss all day.

Last edited:
Ok, I didn't believe this rumor last night, but Adam Schefter (God Bless him) just said that Randy Moss wants to come and play here, he will not renegotiate his deal for anyone but New England, and we are now in discussions with the Raiders. Wow this thing might actually have legs.:eek:

Re: Moss to Pats?

Thats whats being reported on nfl network

I just heard that too.. and that he's willing to restructure his contract with(and only with) the Patriots.

And also that the Pats are trying to get him for a 2nd rounder

Last edited:

He said a second day pick

I just heard that too.. and that he's willing to restructure his contract with(and only with) the Patriots.

And also that the Pats are trying to get him for a 2nd rounder

we dont have a 2nd

damn. we so hot. everyone wanna play for us

imagine Moss-Stallworth-JACKSON-Welker-Gaffney

wowzor

Sorry second day pick I meant.

Thats whats being reported on nfl network
I know they wanted to get a 2nd rounder (or something like that), but I wouldn't object to the #28 pick for Moss :D I don't think they would do that though... but I would really enjoy it if it happens one way or another :D :D

Last edited:

2nd day, not 2nd round

wow, 2nd day + a restructred contract? Ship Moss to NE !!

NEW YORK (April 28, 2007) -- Oakland is sitting on two of the potentially biggest draft-day developments.

For starters, the Raiders have been calling New England, trying to engineer a trade for Randy Moss. The Patriots are interested and have offered a second-day pick for Moss. Raiders owner Al Davis shot down the Patriots' offer, believing he can get more. The two sides continue talking, hoping to hammer out a trade that seems less likely today than it did yesterday.

But New England has an advantage other teams don't. Any team that wants to trade for Moss will have to rework his contract, which calls for him to make $9.75 million this season. The Raiders even have asked Moss to restructure his contract -- the wide receiver has refused, challenging Oakland. But Moss is willing to redo his contract for the Patriots, a team the wide receiver believes can win the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl, at this point, is Moss' motivation in going to play for the Patriots.

As it stands now, it looks like it could be difficult to trade Moss this weekend. But the talks are ongong and active and bear monitoring.

The other big develpment regarding the Raiders is the talks they've had in regards to their No. 1 overall pick. The team making a push to move up to No. 1 is the Cleveland Browns. But in exchange for the pick that put the Browns in position to draft LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the Raiders are demanding a first-, second- and third-round pick, and another first-round pick next year. At those terms, the Browns will pass on the deal, but they will continue to monitor the situation in the hopes they can pull off the trade.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10155219

Personally, I hope we don't get him, but a second day pick isn't too much of a risk to see if he has anything left in the tank. I still don't know if he can be an every down WR for this team.

Come on over Randy. Mr Brady welcomes you!

Should the Pats somehow acquire Moss book you SB tickets because we will be unstoppable.

Get this done Beoli. The stars appear to be lining up just as planned.

Lets throw in one of those 6th rounders on top of a fourth and get'r'done.

If we somehow get Moss the expectations for the team will be overwhelming. Ohh well, if anyone can deal with it, BB can.

I don't get how people automatically assume that the addition of Moss would make us unstoppable. It has been three seasons since Moss has been anything better than an average to above average WR. He has been injury prone the last three years. In the past three years, he has had two QBs who were in the top six in the league in passing yards for those seasons. One of those years, Culpepper had over 4,700 yards.

I don't think the Randy Moss of 2003 and before exists anymore. Contrary to popular beliefs, he did try for the Raiders in 2005 and Kerry Collins did actually have a decent enough year (3759 yards and 20 TDs and 12 INTs). Yet, he had 1,005 yards and 8 TDs.

People assume that with a change of scenery that he will automatically become a 1,400 yard, 12 TD WR. His recent history says that he can't do it anymore.

For a second day pick and a cap friendly deal with no dead money, it is worth the risk to see if he can turn it aound. But it is far more likely that Moss is no longer an elite WR anymore.

I don't get how people automatically assume that the addition of Moss would make us unstoppable. It has been three seasons since Moss has been anything better than an average to above average WR. He has been injury prone the last three years. In the past three years, he has had two QBs who were in the top six in the league in passing yards for those seasons. One of those years, Culpepper had over 4,700 yards.

I don't think the Randy Moss of 2003 and before exists anymore. Contrary to popular beliefs, he did try for the Raiders in 2005 and Kerry Collins did actually have a decent enough year (3759 yards and 20 TDs and 12 INTs). Yet, he had 1,005 yards and 8 TDs.

People assume that with a change of scenery that he will automatically become a 1,400 yard, 12 TD WR. His recent history says that he can't do it anymore.

For a second day pick and a cap friendly deal with no dead money, it is worth the risk to see if he can turn it aound. But it is far more likely that Moss is no longer an elite WR anymore.

Even so he would be the best WR on the team.

Even so he would be the best WR on the team.

Is he? Stallworth has been better the last three years combined than Moss. And Stallworth is better suited for our offense because he is good route runner.

I don't think Moss could start for the Pats. He is an one-dimensional player (and as I said in the past that one-dimension was awesome in the past). The Pats like to play a lot of short to intermediate routes which isn't his strength. I think Brady can huck it down the field if he needed to, but he is at his best finding soft spots in the defense and methodically picking them apart. I don't think you can do that with Moss on the field all the time at least if you are in a two WR set.

I don't think Moss could start for the Pats. He is an one-dimensional player (and as I said in the past that one-dimension was awesome in the past). The Pats like to play a lot of short to intermediate routes which isn't his strength. I think Brady can huck it down the field if he needed to, but he is at his best finding soft spots in the defense and methodically picking them apart. I don't think you can do that with Moss on the field all the time at least if you are in a two WR set.

Quotes like this are often followed by.....Moss couldn't hold Troy Brown's jock strap......or perhaps If you give Bam Childress a chance he could be better..perhaps much better than Moss will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3