PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats favored by 9.5 over Jets... how can this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folly. We don't have a defense like Baltimore (unfortunately) and the Jets will be in desperation mode. We'd better be ready.

And Joe Flacco is no Tom Brady.

Maybe this spread means that Haynesworth is making the trip this weekend. ;)

That line is way too high IMHO. I have no trust in this defense. I'll be shocked if this defense keeps that Jet offense from scoring 20 points and being generous.

I think the Pats will win, but I think that it will be a close game.

Last edited:
9.5?Thats a little to high.I expect a close game that could go either way.The jets are coming in desperate.This is a huge game in the division because the pats already have a division loss to the bills.Cant lose a second division game.The jets would own the tie-breakers if u lose at home.

I forgot to add.......

I expect the Patriots to win by double digits.

If gambling were legal, I would bet a hypothetical, significant amount on the Jets at 9.5

Folly. We don't have a defense like Baltimore (unfortunately) and the Jets will be in desperation mode. We'd better be ready.

My major concern heading into this one. Jets need this one way way more than we do.

Actually if the pats didnt lose to the bills then i would say that its not as important but u already have a division loss.Also i am sick of the jets and still not over the playoffs loss.:mad:

BTW, here are the Pats first four games:

Vs. Dolphins - Won by 14
vs. Chargers - Won by 14
vs. Bills - Lost by 3
vs. Raiders - Won by 12

So every one of the Pats' wins have been by double digits.

Here are the Jets for the last two weeks:

vs. Raiders - Lost by 10
vs. Baltimore - Lost by 17

So when the Jets lost this year, they have lost by double digits.

So if Vegas thinks the Pats are going to win, it is logical to think it will be by double digits.

If gambling were legal, I would bet a hypothetical, significant amount on the Jets at 9.5

Las Vegas and Reno Nevada says Hi

And thats just one of many legal places to go

BTW, here are the Pats first four games:

Vs. Dolphins - Won by 14
vs. Chargers - Won by 14
vs. Bills - Lost by 3
vs. Raiders - Won by 12

So every one of the Pats' wins have been by double digits.

Here are the Jets for the last two weeks:

vs. Raiders - Lost by 10
vs. Baltimore - Lost by 17

So when the Jets lost this year, they have lost by double digits.

So if Vegas thinks the Pats are going to win, it is logical to think it will be by double digits.

Arguably at least 3 of our opponents so far are better than the Jets in 2011

Gambling's legal here in the UK and I bet weekly but I could never bet on Pats opponents +9.5 or not. Imagine the mixed emotions you'd potentially face with the pats up by 10 in the 4th. That's not for me at all.

Last edited:
Arguably at least 3 of our opponents so far are better than the Jets in 2011

And, the poor Jets get Miami coming off the bye week at 0 - 4 desperate for a win after NE.

Its feasible the Jets could have 4 AFC losses in a row.

The jets are not that good but it seems they have had this team's number when it counts.They need Aaron Hernandez this week.I dont expect much from Chad and Branch.They should try and attack Cromartie.He's prone to penalties.

My major concern heading into this one. Jets need this one way way more than we do.

I concur, both teams need this equally. This is a divisional game versus a tough rival. I don't care if we win 10 straight games, playing them is as just important for us than it is to them.

Like I said earlier....watch out for cheap shots by the Jets linebackers who seem to have a vendetta out for Brady...Bart Scott in particular.

Expect a Bernard Pollard type sack on Brady in this game

Did you guys watch the game last night? Aside from some flukey plays (return TD and INT-return TD), the Jets were flat-out manhandled.

If we can't stop this Jets offense, I'll be seriously ashamed/worried.

Hello Drew, they where facing the ravens defense!!Its not the same defense they will be facing come sunday.These corners are really gonna have to step up and cover the jets wrs.

It's critical division game for both teams. On that basis, I believe it will be a dog fight. However I would enjoy watching a beat down like last years regular season game, 45 - 3. My expectation as I said is a hard, tough game. The YETS defense can still play, while their offense is certainly suspect. The fact that they cannot run the ball means Sanchez has to beat us with his arm. If I were a YET fan, I would pray for the defense to do a lot of scoring.:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3