PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comments are a disgrace to most classy Patriots fans - Thats a shameful way to express yourself and embarrasing as a fellow Pats fan to read your garbage.

You are looking at busting up a good player intentionally albeit legally just to gain an advantage for a replacement JAG to go up against - Thats mighty big of you :rolleyes:

Well said. No point in winning unless you can do it against the other teams best. Try to keep some perspective. It is important but its also a game. I never want to see someone hurt in a game.

Well said. No point in winning unless you can do it against the other teams best. Try to keep some perspective. It is important but its also a game. I never want to see someone hurt in a game.
I agree...with question marks with Harrison Ugoh...one wishes they both play...Strangely enough, growing up, I was a Colt fan and loved Johney U....but those were also the days when the Giants were shoved into NE...befoer the Pats existed. Was lucky enough to see Johny U play the Pats in 1970...and to barely beat them..a 4th and 1...all teh Patriots (it seemed ) up on the line..and there was Johny U hiting a receiver over teh middle 10 yards down..running in for a long TD run...yup!! Unitas to Berry...a great combo.

I hope the Pats try to put a helmet on his knee (legally) as soon as they can. Why would they not?

Remember Ty Law's hit on Dallas Clark that busted his leg? Legal hit, the way it should be done. Square up and strike.

I don't like Harrison. I only want to see him play if he's ineffective.

Put a helmet on Sanders too, that guy gets injured sometimes.

Karma is a *****. Be careful what you wish for because what goes around comes around.

End of cliches.

If Harrison played for the Pats, you'd love him. Re Seinfeld: it's all about the laundry.

I think Marvin Harrison has universal respect around here and around the league. Not only because of his production, but the fact of the way he conducts himself on and off the field. He'd have made a great Patriot.

However, if he is cleared to play and DOESN'T, I'd like to read into it that Dungy realizes that, AT THIS POINT, his team doesn't have a realistic chance to win the game and would rather wait until January when the Pats might not be this healthy and his younger players have another 9 games of experience under their belts. I think at worst Indy goes 14-2 (SD being the other loss) and will get the 2nd seed in the NFL...oops I mean AFC. ;)

Then if/when the Pats put a 2 TD+ pounding on them, he has the ready excuse to deliver to his team, that we will get them next time when we have all hands on deck. That might mitigate somewhat the psycological damage that could arouse with a potential Pats rout. Or if its a close game loss, it would let them think they have a future edge, or in the event of a surprise win, reinforce their aura of invinsibility over the Pats

BOTTOM LINE, There are so many compelling reasons for Harrison NOT to play.....he probably will. ;)

Last edited:
I think Marvin Harrison has universal respect around here and around the league. Not only because of his production, but the fact of the way he conducts himself on and off the field. He'd have made a great Patriot.

However, if he is cleared to play and DOESN'T, I'd like to read into it that Dungy realizes that, AT THIS POINT, his team doesn't have a realistic chance to win the game and would rather wait until January when the Pats might not be this healthy and his younger players have another 9 games of experience under their belts. I think at worst Indy goes 14-2 (SD being the other loss) and will get the 2nd seed in the NFL...oops I mean AFC. ;)

Then if/when the Pats put a 2 TD+ pounding on them, he has the ready excuse to deliver to his team, that we will get them next time when we have all hands on deck. That might mitigate somewhat the psycological damage that could arouse with a potential Pats rout. Or if its a close game loss, it would let them think they have a future edge, or in the event of a surprise win, reinforce their aura of invinsibility over the Pats

BOTTOM LINE, There are so many compelling reasons for Harrison NOT to play.....he probably will. ;)

If Parcells had been picking the groceries we might have had a defensive player and still been able to trade up for Harrison (or Moulds, or the 6 or 7 other top receivers available from the bottom of round 1 on in that draft) instead of Teresa Glenn.

Last edited:
Your comments are a disgrace to most classy Patriots fans - Thats a shameful way to express yourself and embarrasing as a fellow Pats fan to read your garbage.

You are looking at busting up a good player intentionally albeit legally just to gain an advantage for a replacement JAG to go up against - Thats mighty big of you :rolleyes:

REad what I said. I said play him physical, very physical. NOt to cause an injury, but the game played in a physical way would possibly render him (due to his prior injury) unable to play. Yes, it's part of the game. Injuries do happen, not that I wish them, but I don't like seeing WRs run unmolested as they get 1st down after 1st down. Physical play in an of itself causes offensive players to hesitate just a bit.

Play the way Harrison plays. Is he a jerk too? Why do you root for him?

Don't call my postings garbage. Your posting is garbage.

Frankly this concerns me as well. Not so much him getting hurt. It happens, but the length of time it's taking him to heal. In the past, he always healed quickly. In fact, it was almost a joke in Indy that he heals so quickly.

If age plays apart in anything, it's the "slowness" in which one heals. Even if he comes back, this may be the first sign that age is catching up with him.
He could get some advice on healing from another aging NFL star named Harrison.

Ooops! Did I say that out loud?

Well, OK, I can see how my post went over the line.

I should say that I don't HOPE that Harrison is injured or any Colt is injured. But I do want a physical game and injuries sometimes result from such.

I don't want Harrison treated with kid gloves because he's a HOFer and a great guy and all that. The other team is the enemy. Play them hard and fair, but hit HARD. They shouldn't intentionally "go for the knee" as my post said, I take that back. They should tackle him just like any other player, hard and fair. I'd think with knee pain he'd get hit once or twice and want to call it a day. Not that that's a good thing, but it's an inevitable part of the game, not that I'd root for it, but it would tell me that at least the pats' DBs are doing their job.

Well, OK, I can see how my post went over the line.

I should say that I don't HOPE that Harrison is injured or any Colt is injured. But I do want a physical game and injuries sometimes result from such.

I don't want Harrison treated with kid gloves because he's a HOFer and a great guy and all that. The other team is the enemy. Play them hard and fair, but hit HARD. They shouldn't intentionally "go for the knee" as my post said, I take that back. They should tackle him just like any other player, hard and fair. I'd think with knee pain he'd get hit once or twice and want to call it a day. Not that that's a good thing, but it's an inevitable part of the game, not that I'd root for it, but it would tell me that at least the pats' DBs are doing their job.

O.K. So if Moss gets hit 'good and hard' and is injured in the knee unintentionally and out of the game you are not gonna come back in this forum and piss and moan that Jackson and Hayden hit him too hard,Right?

Re: Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury....

Marvin Harrison is a sure-fire, first ballot Hall-of-Famer. I personally am hoping he has enough years in him to break many of Jerry Rice's records.

Maybe this will be unpopular around here, as I am a life-long Pats fan (Yup, since Schaefer Stadium), the thing is... I was miserable when the Pats lost last year, but I rooted like he!! for the Colts to win.

Why?? I remember how I felt after 2001. To be a lousy team for most of my life and finally see my team as the last one standing. I believe every fan should have that opportunity to witness that. I don't begrudge it to anyone because I know what it meant to me.

Here's hoping for many more years for Marvin Harrison.

I cheered for the Colts as well. I figured, hey if we aren't gonna have it, might as well let Peyton so the rivalry only improves.

Re: Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury....

I cheered for the Colts as well. I figured, hey if we aren't gonna have it, might as well let Peyton so the rivalry only improves.

I rooted for them as well. I hate Da Bears (from 1986) and I don't really hate the Colts, just annoyed with them and their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back