PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbear

On the Roster
Reaction score
.....have been very impressive. I must say the Pats fans have responded very classily to Marvin's injury. Not at all what I expected as there wasn't one "good, I hate him" type response.

However, reports of his demise might have been exaggerated. Colts just put out a statement refuting "journalist" Ed Werder's report.

Personally, I wish they hadn't said anything and just let the guessing game continue.

Re: Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury....

We are not like Jets fans who are hoping someone will take out Brady with a cheap hit. I can't imagine playing the Colts without Manning in the game. Here's to a good game with no injuries.

Patriots 41 Colts 21

Marvin Harrison is a sure-fire, first ballot Hall-of-Famer. I personally am hoping he has enough years in him to break many of Jerry Rice's records.

Maybe this will be unpopular around here, as I am a life-long Pats fan (Yup, since Schaefer Stadium), the thing is... I was miserable when the Pats lost last year, but I rooted like he!! for the Colts to win.

Why?? I remember how I felt after 2001. To be a lousy team for most of my life and finally see my team as the last one standing. I believe every fan should have that opportunity to witness that. I don't begrudge it to anyone because I know what it meant to me.

Here's hoping for many more years for Marvin Harrison.

Last edited:

Marvin Harrison is a tremendous competitor. My guess is he'll be out there, and the Colts will use it as a big emotional and motivational lift.

Marvin Harrison is a sure-fire, first ballot Hall-of-Famer. I personally am hoping he has enough years in him to break many of Jerry Rice's records.

Maybe this will be unpopular around here, as I am a life-long Pats fan (Yup, since Schaefer Stadium), the thing is... I was miserable when the Pats lost last year, but I rooted like he!! for the Colts to win.

Why?? I remember how I felt after 2001. To be a lousy team for most of my life and finally see my team as the last one standing. I believe every fan should have that opportunity to witness that. I don't begrudge it to anyone because I know what it meant to me.

Here's hoping for many more years for Marvin Harrison.

You are indeed a very unusual and rare sports fan. Too bad. There should be more like you.

Your description of a long suffering fan certainly applied to us Colt fans, and I'm glad I did get to experience that SB. I forgot what the first one felt like, it was so long ago.

Last edited:

Wouldn't be the same without you MH...

Get in there and PLAY , so we can kick your ass!!!

Last edited:

I think everyone here respects the guy.

One of the greatest ever, and never says a word.

Hope he's able to play Sunday, want to beat the Colts with all their weapons on the field.

Marvin Harrison is a tremendous competitor. My guess is he'll be out there, and the Colts will use it as a big emotional and motivational lift.

That's my guess, too.

M. Harrison has a huge forehead, but I think we all respect him as a player.

I don't want ANY colts out for this game. I want to be glad, after we blow their doors off, that there were no mitigating circumstances, so I can look forward to beating them in Foxoborough in the playoffs.

You are indeed a very unusual and rare sports fan.

Too bad. There should be more like you.

Disclaimer: I might not mean this if it comes to Raiders fans ;-)

.....have been very impressive. I must say the Pats fans have responded very classily to Marvin's injury. Not at all what I expected as there wasn't one "good, I hate him" type response.

However, reports of his demise might have been exaggerated. Colts just put out a statement refuting "journalist" Ed Werder's report.

Personally, I wish they hadn't said anything and just let the guessing game continue.
There is always a moron in every group, but by far the vast majority of fans (any team) hate to see any player hurt. It sounds like if Harrison isn't careful, he may end up with life-long knee pain. He should talk with Earl Campbell before lobbying Dungy to play this weekend.

If it wasn't the Pats, I'm sure Dungy wouldn't allow Harrison to play.

In a press conference Dungy said Harrison is cleared to play, but playing now might aggravate his injury and affect his playing ability later in the year.

Makes sense to me. You have to draw a balance between winning the next game and doing what is best for the team long term.

What did Werder say, anyway?

I don't want ANY colts out for this game. I want to be glad, after we blow their doors off, that there were no mitigating circumstances, so I can look forward to beating them in Foxoborough in the playoffs.

You know, now that you bring that up, I always have mixed feelings about such things. On the one hand, I want to beat a team at it's best. On the other hand, I just hate to see my team lose and would like any advantage I can get. I'm not sure which way I'd go on this one.

There is always a moron in every group, but by far the vast majority of fans (any team) hate to see any player hurt. It sounds like if Harrison isn't careful, he may end up with life-long knee pain. He should talk with Earl Campbell before lobbying Dungy to play this weekend.

If it wasn't the Pats, I'm sure Dungy wouldn't allow Harrison to play.

In a press conference Dungy said Harrison is cleared to play, but playing now might aggravate his injury and affect his playing ability later in the year.

Makes sense to me. You have to draw a balance between winning the next game and doing what is best for the team long term.

What did Werder say, anyway?

He basically said that a source told him MH's injury might result in permanent discomfort and that even surgery might not help Marvin.

The Colts then put out a statement denying Werder's story.

Personally, Werder is one of the most unreliable "sources" of info on ESPN.

Disclaimer: I might not mean this if it comes to Raiders fans ;-)

Well yes.....I mean there is a limit to anyone's good graces....

Id be surprised if hes out there, even if he is I doubt he would be very effective.

I really believe Dungy will sit him especially after what he said. True to his word, he sees this as one game out of 16 and he needs Marvin for the rest of them. It's a real concern though. I don't ever remember Marvin missing this much time.

Football is just a game,a diversion when you have a real rivalry that makes the games special. Just because Harrison played for a rival doesn't mean that people don't respect and admire true greatness even if its on another team. Personaly I thought that he was the best of the bunch that came out that year,I wanted him over Glenn on draft day no question.

Last edited:
I really believe Dungy will sit him especially after what he said. True to his word, he sees this as one game out of 16 and he needs Marvin for the rest of them. It's a real concern though. I don't ever remember Marvin missing this much time.

Frankly this concerns me as well. Not so much him getting hurt. It happens, but the length of time it's taking him to heal. In the past, he always healed quickly. In fact, it was almost a joke in Indy that he heals so quickly.

If age plays apart in anything, it's the "slowness" in which one heals. Even if he comes back, this may be the first sign that age is catching up with him.

I respect what Harrison has done as a player, and how he has done it. A truly class act all the way, and a model for what young receivers in this league should strive for.
He may not have the speed of Moss, or the size of TO, but he has the work ethic of Rice.

Football is an amazing sport! Professional football players are amazing talents and players like Harrison make the sport even that much more exciting and special. That guy has just a very special talent -great hands and feet. Anyone that would wish injury on any player or be gratified with an injury to a player is not a true fan of this great game.

Harrison is not only a tremendous talent, but he is one of the classiest players in recent memory! Same goes for Peyton and many of the other Colts. They are a team filled with great talent and keep their mouths shut. They got out and play and let their play speak for itself. Got to admire that in the Colts. Similar to the Pats. Two great teams playing at their highest levels. Man, are we lucky to be fans of these two teams - Manning vs. Brady in their primes, Bellichick vs Dungy the two best minds in the modern day game - does it get any better than this???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back