PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats fans response to Marvin Harrison's injury....

Maybe this will be unpopular around here, as I am a life-long Pats fan (Yup, since Schaefer Stadium), the thing is... I was miserable when the Pats lost last year, but I rooted like he!! for the Colts to win.

Haha yeah I hear ya. I actually was rooting for the pats even after the whole "lights out" controversy last year. Then went for indy in the SB. My SD buddies didn't get it. AFC kills all...period!

Football is an amazing sport! Professional football players are amazing talents and players like Harrison make the sport even that much more exciting and special. That guy has just a very special talent -great hands and feet. Anyone that would wish injury on any player or be gratified with an injury to a player is not a true fan of this great game.

Harrison is not only a tremendous talent, but he is one of the classiest players in recent memory! Same goes for Peyton and many of the other Colts. They are a team filled with great talent and keep their mouths shut. They got out and play and let their play speak for itself. Got to admire that in the Colts. Similar to the Pats. Two great teams playing at their highest levels. Man, are we lucky to be fans of these two teams - Manning vs. Brady in their primes, Bellichick vs Dungy the two best minds in the modern day game - does it get any better than this???

No it does not! And I remember those lean years as a Colts fan. I'm not taking these days for granted, that's for sure! :)

Marvin Harrison is a tremendous competitor. My guess is he'll be out there, and the Colts will use it as a big emotional and motivational lift.

I can see that !

Frankly this concerns me as well. Not so much him getting hurt. It happens, but the length of time it's taking him to heal. In the past, he always healed quickly. In fact, it was almost a joke in Indy that he heals so quickly.

If age plays apart in anything, it's the "slowness" in which one heals. Even if he comes back, this may be the first sign that age is catching up with him.

I bet he ran out of Tasty Cakes! :eek:

You are indeed a very unusual and rare sports fan. Too bad. There should be more like you.

Your description of a long suffering fan certainly applied to us Colt fans, and I'm glad I did get to experience that SB. I forgot what the first one felt like, it was so long ago.

Well, I wouldn't say long suffering. I still remember all the Toilet Bowls the Patriots and Colts used to play... back when they were the Baltimore Colts.

It probably has something to do with his professional and gentlemanly manner. I like the way he runs up the score without spiking the ball.

Hehehe.

Marvin Harrison is a great player and a Hall of Famer. I certainly wish him well and whatever the medical staff decides, I hope it's in the best interest of his long term health.

You cannot mention great WRs of all time without Marvin Harrison in the conversation.

I never liked Jerry Rice but I was amazed at what an athlete he was and god given talent showed in every game to which he gave 110% till he retired - I see the same things in Harrison and hope he leaves the game before a more serious injury occurs to that knee or any other body part.

The reality is this. The Colts and Pats in 2007 are awesome teams. You can go some years not having ONE team as good as either of these. And here they get to play each other midway through the season while both are undefeated. It's a game that, in the end, isn't really going to hurt either team's chances to win the super bowl.

So, why not root for both teams to be at full strength and just play a barn burner of a game? I hope Harrison is in there. I hope both teams play to the best of their abilities and that one team makes great plays to win, rather than having one team make mistakes that lose the game. I hope the officials don't have an undue impact on the outcome.

This is a chance for anyone who loves football to just see a darned good game between two excellent clubs. To not have a future hall of famer in a game like that would be a shame.

There's a certain magnanimousness that comes with following a team that has won championships. Now, if this were the AFC championship and the Patriots were nicked up and tired, I'm not so sure I'd be as excited to see the Colts at full strength. But, for this game, Harrison needs to be in there.

MH is one of the best and a sure lock in th HoF. I just hope his knees get better, not just for football but for his own life after football.

he's been very durable and fortunate over the course of his prolific career. He's now at that age (35 I think) where they sadly don't bounce back so quickly, and the pain the morning after is always worse than it once was. Hopefully it won't be aggravated too much as it continues to heal over the course of the season.

I hope he bounces back enough for the Colts to let him play next year at the salary he is presently scheduled to earn.

If he accepts a new deal in which he earns a small fraction of his scheduled salary, that would be the worst case for us.

If they cut him, it will cost them $11.8M against the cap (which they now have thanks to the demise of Glenn and the renegotiation of Freeney), but they'll never have to overpay a receiver whose career is in decline (bad for us).

This board has rarely has anyone cheer an injury. And even with players we do not like.

I think that Harrison is going to play on Sunday unless that injury is a lot more serious than we think. Personally, I hope he's ready to play. We will blow out the Colts regardless and I wouldn't want them to have an 'excuse' to lose to the Pats. Doing it against a 'full strength' Colts offense will be even sweeter although I think that the Patriots will be missing Watson for this game.

Harrison is a *great* receiver. He reminds me of a guy who came here supposedly after his career was done at age 35: Harold Jackson. Harrison has several productive years as a football player left if he chooses to continue to play and the Colts continue to employ him. If they don't, I'd scoop him up in a NY minute; although he *is* an ugly little sucker.

Last edited:
I hope the Pats try to put a helmet on his knee (legally) as soon as they can. Why would they not?

Remember Ty Law's hit on Dallas Clark that busted his leg? Legal hit, the way it should be done. Square up and strike.

I don't like Harrison. I only want to see him play if he's ineffective.

Put a helmet on Sanders too, that guy gets injured sometimes.

? I can't agree with this sentiment. Wishing injury on players is low class. I'd rather the Pats beat teams at full strength. This team is the BEST in the NFL. They don't need to intentionally injure players to win! :mad:

I hope the Pats try to put a helmet on his knee (legally) as soon as they can. Why would they not?

Remember Ty Law's hit on Dallas Clark that busted his leg? Legal hit, the way it should be done. Square up and strike.

? I can't agree with this sentiment. Wishing injury on players is low class. I'd rather the Pats beat teams at full strength. This team is the BEST in the NFL. They don't need to intentionally injure players to win! :mad:

I guess so...I don't WISH injury on him. Just that the pats play physical and the natural injuries that would result help them. Maybe not injuries, just rung bells and sore ribs. Fine line, maybe no line at all.

Makes me sick to see the secondary give up big passes and not inflict pain on the opposing receivers. Part of the game.

Remember Tebucky Jones in the first pats superbowl? He decked a receiver coming across the middle with a ferocious hit in the beginning of the game. Kind of set a tone and made the greatest show on turf think twice.

I guess so...I don't WISH injury on him. Just that the pats play physical and the natural injuries that would result help them. Maybe not injuries, just rung bells and sore ribs. Fine line, maybe no line at all.

Makes me sick to see the secondary give up big passes and not inflict pain on the opposing receivers. Part of the game.

Remember Tebucky Jones in the first pats superbowl? He decked a receiver coming across the middle with a ferocious hit in the beginning of the game. Kind of set a tone and made the greatest show on turf think twice.

There is definitely a line between playing physical and going headhunting to cause injuries. I love to see physical play. But I don't want to see our players stooping to try to injure other players. Frankly I think this team has more pride and class then to do things like that.

Your comments are a disgrace to most classy Patriots fans - Thats a shameful way to express yourself and embarrasing as a fellow Pats fan to read your garbage.

You are looking at busting up a good player intentionally albeit legally just to gain an advantage for a replacement JAG to go up against - Thats mighty big of you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back