PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans For Truth Fact Sheet (collect facts) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whining began long before we jumped into this thread.

EDIT: I think Peter King put it best in his latest MMQB when it comes to the media and Spygate:

"It's crucial for the Patriots -- and for Belichick's future as a head coach in the league -- that former New England video assistant Matt Walsh not have a tape of that practice. All we can do is speculate on that right now, but I, for one, believe that tape does not exist. I believe it's more likely Walsh has some tapes of the Patriots videotaping opposing signals."

Show me where it began.

The thread is about collecting articles showing New England's side.

Who whined first?

The thread is about collecting articles showing New England's side.

Then get Belichick's take, as I recommended. That's the only way you're ever going to get NE's "side". Collecting articles about other teams isn't going to help.

this is a fine effort that makes us pats fans feel good, but it's not going to make much of a difference elsewhere.

the mediots who are biased against the franchise and who have ranted against us are going to twist any "facts" that we present and replace them with their own "facts" and they'll always get the last word because they are "on Tee Vee" and have a bigger soapbox.

the ravenous, biased and beer-besotted fans of other teams who are jealous of the Pats' success are simply not going to listen, no matter what anyone says. their "minds" are made up. they can't hear anything that questions their view. i know. i tried posting our "rational arguments" on the Jets board a few times and gave up.

fans and members of the media who have a shred of objectivity are waiting to see whether there's a tape of the XXXVI walkthrough. if there isn't, they'll forget about the story and move on. game over. if there is, they'll write off everything that the team has accomplished and move on, but will never forget about it. game really over.

the only people who could have taken this story on from the beginning with a fact-based media offensive were the Krafts, and they decided not to do so, which, in my opinion, was a huge mistake on their part.

Last edited:
Then get Belichick's take, as I recommended. That's the only way you're ever going to get NE's "side". Collecting articles about other teams isn't going to help.

This is about facts already established, not fantasies.

And it already did help when we wrote to peter King this morning and corrected him.

why does richpats hate BB and the Patriots so much?

why does richpats hate BB and the Patriots so much?

Haha, that's hilarious, "....now I know why they call him The Joker".

You and other fans seem bothered when I hold Belichick responsible for what he did. Why is this? He broke a rule, was penalized and owned up to it. What more is there to say?

This is about facts already established, not fantasies.

Are you saying Belichick's input is "fantasy"? Or maybe the prospect of having him reveal all the information?

I think the real fantasy is putting together a coherent defense for Belichick when you don't even have his input.

All you have at this point is, "He broke a rule but others have broken rules too, so have mercy."

You and other fans seem bothered when I hold Belichick responsible for what he did. Why is this? He broke a rule, was penalized and owned up to it. What more is there to say?

yeah, that's because it's all you do...your a one trick "BB bad...weal weal baaaaad!!! Kraft no good ..he baaaad too!" pony. Every post in every thread you make is either a blatant or veiled attack on BB or the Patriots.I'd say you were the proto "glass is half empty" guy, but in reality, you're the "glass is completely empty" BB hater.

You hijacked this thread, which started off innocently enough, and managed to inject your peculiar brand of vitriol and BB hatred....once again...as you do every day in every thread you post in. Here's a newsflash...last time I looked , Bill Belichick has brought the NE Patriots to FOUR Super Bowls , winning three and has RESURRECTED a once sad sack, punching bag, laughingstock to one of the elite teams in the league. I find your constant derision laughable and, quite frankly, curious, as I don't know even ONE Patriot fan who thinks of our coach and our team as YOU do.

I'm sorry...let me make a slight correction....I do know of ONE Patriot fan who approximates you...and that is the famous Steve From Fall River, who has never found a positive in anything the Patriots have done since BB took over and who is the laughingstock of sports talk radio across the entire New England area.

Last edited:

There should have absolutely been nothing else to say....yet, the witch hunt goes on and on and on to the point of where we are today...total absurdity bordering on insanity.

Tha is the point of this entire thread - to try to get the truth and nothing but the truth out there for all to see.

yeah, that's because it's all you do...your a one trick "BB bad...weal weal baaaaad!!! Kraft no good ..he baaaad too!" pony. Every post in every thread you make is either a blatant or veiled attack on BB or the Patriots.I'd say you were the proto "glass is half empty" guy, but in reality, you're the "glass is completely empty" BB hater.

You hijacked this thread, which started off innocently enough, and managed to inject your peculiar brand of vitriol and BB hatred....once again...as you do every day in every thread you post in. Here's a newsflash...last time I looked , Bill Belichick has brought the NE Patriots to FOUR Super Bowls , winning three and has RESURRECTED a once sad sack, punching bag, laughingstock to one of the elite teams in the league. I find your constant derision laughable and, quite frankly, curious, as I don't know even ONE Patriot fan who thinks of our coach and our team as YOU do.

I'm sorry...let me make a slight correction....I do know of ONE Patriot fan who approximates you...and that is the famous Steve From Fall River, who has never found a positive in anything the Patriots have done since BB took over and who is the laughingstock of sports talk radio across the entire New England area.

Sensitive, sensitive.

When this board gets back to discussing Belichick's coaching ability, you'll find that I think he's the best in the league, hands down. Since every other thread is obsessed with vindicating his violation of the rules, I can't put on my blinders and say "it's ok, 3 Super Bowls, the guy is gold!" or "everyone does it, it's an anti-Patriot conspiracy!" - he's great, not perfect - get over it, move on.

There should have absolutely been nothing else to say....yet, the witch hunt goes on and on and on to the point of where we are today...total absurdity bordering on insanity.

Tha is the point of this entire thread - to try to get the truth and nothing but the truth out there for all to see.

Back to my initial recommendation - get Belichick's take. That's the truth you are looking for, agree?

Back to my initial recommendation - get Belichick's take. That's the truth you are looking for, agree?

But didn't he admit to taping signals and gave his interpretation of the rule? Also denied any knowledge of taping rams practice.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02232008/sports/giantly_inaccurate_98952.htm

In this recent NY Post article from Feb. 23 Greg Aiello says the NY Times report the Patriots filmed a Giants preseason game was not true.

"The report in the Times is inaccurate," Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of public relations, told The Post in an e-mail.

"The Patriots were not caught taping signals during the 2006 Giants-Patriots preseason game."

Now, the NY Times article got a lot of national publicity because they claimed they had "new evidence." However, the NY Post article got zero publicity even though the NFL Spokesperson said it wasn't true.

These are the types of double-standards we need to challenge.

But didn't he admit to taping signals and gave his interpretation of the rule? Also denied any knowledge of taping rams practice.

He said he misinterpreted but never explained what his interpretation is.

[These are the types of double-standards we need to challenge.

You're asking for a complete culture-change of the media industry then.

Pats break rules? BIG NEWS! Journalists validate their existence! The masses will read all about it! Lots of papers sold!

Pats didn't break rules? BORING. Nobody wants to hear that.

He said he misinterpreted but never explained what his interpretation is.

Am I missing something??? I thought he gave his interpretation as not being allowed to use the tape for "in game" use. Since he wasn't using the video for use during the playing of the game, he thought he was within the boudaries of the rule. I am not advocating that his interpretation was correct or incorrect..I just recall somewhere that he gave an account of why he did what he did. What else would he need to add.

You're asking for a complete culture-change of the media industry then.

Pats break rules? BIG NEWS! Journalists validate their existence! The masses will read all about it! Lots of papers sold!

Pats didn't break rules? BORING. Nobody wants to hear that.
I think you are validating WHY this effort is so important..."nobody wants to hear that"...But the problem is that the TRUTH of this whole thing..and the context of it all is being KEPT from the public..which is WHY this is important..If you believe that the media industry is ALL about lies..which is what seems to be your assumption..then that is another story. Even more reason to get the truth out there...This is a thread about doing that..quite a positive and good thing...It seems like you wish NOT to be a part of that...which is fine..but then leave the thread be..for the purpose it was suppose to be..

If you believe that the media industry is ALL about lies..which is what seems to be your assumption..then that is another story.

The media is about HEADLINES. It could be the facts or idle speculation, it MUST grab your attention. Remember when the media tried to link Brady to Balco? It died, only because there wasn't much for the media to go on. Spygate on the other hand, it has legs because Belichick has already been penalized and the speculation is over his entire tenure with the Pats, and whether it impacted his Super Bowl wins.

Are you saying Belichick's input is "fantasy"? Or maybe the prospect of having him reveal all the information?

I think the real fantasy is putting together a coherent defense for Belichick when you don't even have his input.

All you have at this point is, "He broke a rule but others have broken rules too, so have mercy."

What's the matter with you?

This thread is about gathering information.

Can you stop it with your blather?

Stop acting like an arsehole.

Sheesh.

What's the matter with you?

This thread is about gathering information.

Can you stop it with your blather?

Stop acting like an arsehole.

Sheesh.

Wouldn't you guys rather talk about the upcoming season? What's the matter with you all?

Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye