PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans For Truth Fact Sheet (collect facts) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't seen and REALLY hope someone else has access to the actual page 105 of the manual...I've seen the same quote repeatedly about the taping, but have yet to see a full listing of what is on page 105...I know it doesn't appear to be on the internet, but does anyone, anywhere, have a copy of this we can scan, see, et at or at least translate onto a page so it's not a series of broken up quotes? I'd also LOVE to see the beginnings of the manual, so we have more of a feel for what this "game day manual" actually dictates, and how much the rest of the 'rules' jive with the harsh interpretation and penalty Goodell doled out. How much of this 'rulebook' is broken, how often, etc since we know this is a bit of a 'play it by ear' league until it's made into a rule.

The example that runs through my head is, since at one point the # of balls each team is to supply was mentioned as being a part of this game day manual, is this also the 'rulebook' that determined whether balls could be "scuffed" in by the QBs prior to the game? As I recall (please correct me if I'm wrong, again this is from memory) this was a recent change, and up to this point, QBs and kickers were allowed to scuff their own home balls, right? If that's the case, does that mean it retroactively became illegal for all teams playing before? Duh, of course it doesn't. But if that's the case, didn't Goodell mention that part of the "severity" of the fine were due to the fact that it had been going on since 2000 when he took over? And didn't someone mention that the manual itself wasn't changed until 2007 to reflect the 2006 memo? I know this doesn't get anyone anywhere, but it still sticks in my craw, especially after Goodell did nothing about the obvious tampering this FA period.

Last edited:
Dude I know. Scooped up this link the other day but good eye.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/06/AR2008030603654.html

The more I read this piece the more I think BB and Kraft had information and proof of other teams violating rules governing competition (i.e. spying, tampering, etc). Some of these paragraphs taken from the memo seem to be messages directed at certain teams and coaches/front offices (Broncos, Jets, etc).

The righteous fans of nearly every team in the NFL who called the Patriots "cheaters" are in for a very rude awakening...

I have no doubt that Goodell's announcement is related to the recent revival of press reports documenting the numerous instances of "cheating" from the Broncos to the Bears to the Dolphins to the Jets to the Chiefs etc. etc. etc...

And there is no question that the revival of those press reports happened largely because of the efforts of many who contributed to this thread.

Well done!

I'm hoping I can get (in rough form) the whole "fact sheet" collection done this weekend (total 4 thus far). We also have a rough Q&A from NYC Pats Fan that needs attention. We're all working in spare time.

If you have web skills and would like to help get these materials hosted, please PM me here.

PFnV

Bumping - I think we need something to send out en masse in the coming week when the morons like Fish and such are still going to try and blast the Pats. Is there a "fact sheet" at this point? If not, I really think patsfans should just work on a brief, calm and responsible generic email that we can send when a journalist writes an irresponsible article re: the Pats, and there's already been a few.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back