PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Cowboys won't live up to the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
If NE plays like they did against Cleveland, do they beat Dallas? Probably not. The score hid the fact that the team did not play particularly well.

The above statement, despite your contentions, is fact. So why is it ludicrous for someone to say, "If they play like that against Dallas/Indy/Pitt, they are in trouble"?

YABUT, if Dallas plays like they did against Buffalo...:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

YABUT, if Dallas plays like they did against Buffalo...:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

Touche.

Just about the only team they *do* beat last week was Buffalo.

I will state what I feel is everyone's opinion and give you one last shot at answering it.

If NE plays a great game and loses I'll be upset and I'll lament some of the missed opportunities, but I will be equally in awe that someone, anyone could take them down playing their best.

If NE plays a poor game and loses I'll be very disappointed.

If NE plays a great game and wins REGARDLESS OF THE SCORE I'll be very happy.

If NE plays a poor game and wins, I'll be very happy but I won't be afraid to point out what I thought were mistakes.

Where in hell are you getting this misguided impression that only 20 point wins satisfy anyone? Since when does a victory absolve a team from criticism?

I believe if we play a good game and execute......... we win handsomely.

I believe if we do not it will be close, possibly even a loss. I'll be disappointed but understand that at week 6, it's still okay in the great scheme of things (so long as we beat Indy later).

I know this is heresy to write this...
But it would be OK to drop this game.
Its not a conference game so its not as important for tiebreak.
Only 1 team ever was perfect, being perfect isn't necessary
(Winning the SB is).
Don't get me wrong, I EXPECT NE to give an Arse whooping of BIBICAL proportions. What better stage than to tell the rest of the NFL that we are coming for them. Who better to make an example of? (Only INDY comes to mind, but we'll save them for later):eek: :rocker:

Last edited:
Where in hell are you getting this misguided impression that only 20 point wins satisfy anyone? Since when does a victory absolve a team from criticism?

Frankly I miss the nailbiters -:) But I don't think one is going to be this week.
The Colts game though I do expect to be a close game. As bad as Miami has looked, I've gone to that game down there for years and know the records usually don't mean anything. And BB's Patriots haven't beaten the Redskins yet. The Sleelers game should be tough also. Then there's always a game or two where the Patriots have turnovers, they don't play well or whatever that can make a game that shouldn't be so close, close anyway. I don't expect an undefeated season.

First of all when on offense the pats will spread the cowboys out with 4 receiver sets and we know the cowboys can't cover anyone so they definitely won't be able to cover moss, wes walker, gaffney, ben watson etc. As far as cowboys thinking they can put pressure on brady, LOL , the cowboys can't put pressure on that good offensive line. Brady will have timeto throw and it won't be good for the cowboys. I think they will go 4 receiver set for the most part and it will destroy the cowboys. On defense the pats will smash romo's face in and that smile won't be present. When he is free he will go to witten (because that's his best friend) rather than T.O. which he should because he's the playmaker on that team. Belichick will double team with the safety over the top and live with witten, crayton, hurd making plays which they won't because like all of the cowboys they aren't ready for primetime. witten might come through with 7 or 8 catches but they won't make an impact in the game. Moss and Brady will dominate. pats win 41-25. This game will probably be over by halftime. I think the hype of this game is unwarranted, the pats are on another level, the real "game of the year" is Nov.4th against the colts, one of these teams will win the superbowl this year.

Excellent post. This game should be over by halftime and, IMO, the pats will score at LEAST 38 points, if not more.

My prediction, Awesomes 41-Girls-10, Romo with at LEAST 3 turnovers, probably more.:)

I know this is heresy to write this...
But it would be OK to drop this game.
Its not a conference game so its not as important for tiebreak.
Only 1 team ever was perfect, being perfect isn't necessary
(Winning the SB is).
Don't get me wrong, I EXPECT NE to give an Arse whooping of BIBICAL proportions. What better stage than to tell the rest of the NFL that we are coming for them. Who better to make an example of? (Only INDY comes to mind, but we'll save them for later):eek: :rocker:

Not heresy at all, and I've been saying similar things all week. This is one of four games against an NFC East. It doesn't matter as much as playing the colts or even trying to avoid the annual meltdown in Miami. The media is hyping this because it's two 5 - 0 teams but one of them is lucky to have that record right now.

Even without the records being what they are it would still be hyped up because it's the franchises that are the two most recent to have a "dynasty" in the NFL. Last time it was hyped because of Belichick v. Parcells, now it's Moss vs. Owens (an odd comparison to begin with, they're never on the field at the same time) and everything else ESPN can come up with to blow hot air.

Re: Pats/ cowboys won't live up to the hype

Why is a prediction of NE winning big considered a "homer" pick?

Maybe he really believes it to be so based on serious analysis?

Would you have railed against anyone who predicted NE hold Indy to 3 point in 2004? Or that NE would put up 41 on Pitt?

Oh, and your point about 16 points not being a thrashing is silly based on how you chided me in my thread after the Cleveland game.

You have got to be kidding. The guy sounds like he wrote this thread with a crayon. Serious analysis? :rolleyes:

The Cowboys might as well skip the game if this thread turns out to be accurate. They won't get any pressure on us the whole game, Romo will get his face smashed in, the game will be over at halftime?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST