PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats backroom let down Brady AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.. someone disagreed with that post? How the hell do you disagree with something that's so blatantly obvious? There is not one THE WAY. There are many avenues to the top. If Belichick's was the only way, this team would currently be at a minimum of 13 consecutive Lombardis and counting. Pointing to 0-2 when your team is 0-9 is folly.

This is an example of what we were discussing earlier. This negative system is going to be a real problem if people can't start using their heads.
DI,

I can stomach only so much bellyaching from you.

Fact: the Pats were 1-1 versus Denver last year.

Fact: the team was virtually terminally injured by the AFCCG. They actually had a trick play for Slater, they were so desperate.

Fact: BB has been re-building the team since 2009 and the Defense was coming around in the first four games, before all the injuries hit. The DL now has six people on it that would possible Pro Bowlers. The Line Backers can offer three more. The secondary has improved and has at least least 3 more possible representatives as well. Its deeper than the Law's Six that shut down the Greatest Show on Turf.

Fact: they have added a lot of new talent, Revis, Browner, AA and found developed others Siliga, C Jones, Collins, and on Offense Dobson, Blount, and Edelman.

You ***** that they couldn't run the ball, when Denver was overloading to prevent it. Then you ***** when the added big OL talent. You criticize the draft of a big Center in Stork who won the Rimington trophy last year, while playing injured. He outweighs game but undersized Wendell by at least 25 pounds. You criticize drafting Halapio who is a road grader at G, even though he played with a torn pec. I know I would have rather have had Martin, Sua Filo and Bitonio. Make up your damn mind. Did they need more talent on the O line or not? Did they need a bigger tougher interior O line or not?

I'm sorry BB didn't have 10 First Round picks to satisfy your desires, I'd like that too. But as they say, That is the way the World is, Deal with it. Five Super Bowl appearances in slightly more than a decade plus knocking on the door several other times is a fine record.

There are teams that have never even made an single appearance and I recall following one for 25 years before it got there, only to have it smashed and humiliated by the trick overload defense of Da Beahs, followed by the cloacal cavities in the Boston 'sports media'.

Belichick also thought Tavon Wilson, Jake Bequette, Ras-I Dowling, Ron Brace, Jermaine Cunningham, Chad Jackson, and many others would fit and they either did not or have not so do not be smug and act as if his draft history is without error.

He4 also thought Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Mc Courty, Denard,Ninkovitch, fit as well.

I did read. I even quoted where it began and what I was talking about. You apparently prefer to troll. Bye.

I'm sorry, who is the Troll here?

Ryan Mallet is the future of the N.E. Patriots. He and JG are going to end up being rotating QBs, and will be considered #1a and #1b all time, after they lead the New England Patriots to 15 consecutive Lombardis.

... But it's all good now. BB can do no wrong. We're about to see 17-18 straight SB wins by the Patriots.

Every move will be the right move. Every UDFA will make the team, and none of the other players will be cut. The NFL is going to make a special "BB is never wrong" exception, and the Patriots will be able to carry 100 players and go over the cap.

Pats-Koolaid.jpg

To hell with sipping, let's just go 100% Jonestown and chug it all down!

... But I'm sure they'll all end up as the best ever at their positions, because the Patriots took them and that's all that matters.

He4 also thought Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Mc Courty, Denard,Ninkovitch, fit as well.
He didn't draft Ninkovich. Also all you did here is further prove my point that Belichick makes good decisions but also makes bad decisions.

If every decision made by Belichick was a grand and well thought out as some in here like to suggest we would have won at least 9 Super Bowls in the last 10 years.

I'm sorry, who is the Troll here?
All due respect because in general I enjoy your posts and respect what you have to say on here, I have to disagree with @Deus Irae being a troll. I think Dues actually has me on ignore so we do not even get along that well, but he is not a troll he is actually one of the more informative posters on this board and has probably forget more about football than many of us know. He is strong with opinion, yes, but he is not a troll.

If every decision made by Belichick was a grand and well thought out as some in here like to suggest we would have won at least 9 Super Bowls in the last 10 years.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more. Belichick has made some very good picks, and some very bad picks as well. I probably wouldn't want the job myself, as it would seem somewhat difficult to try and build both a competitive team as possible, while also trying to plan for the future + guess what will happen in certain situations/positions.

Then again, for 7-8+ million per year, I'm sure you could persuade me to give it a shot! :)

All due respect because in general I enjoy your posts and respect what you have to say on here, I have to disagree with @Deus Irae being a troll. I think Dues actually has me on ignore so we do not even get along that well, but he is not a troll he is actually one of the more informative posters on this board and has probably forget more about football than many of us know. He is strong with opinion, yes, but he is not a troll.

I agree actually. The sum of who Deus is not a Troll by any means, but he is perfectly intelligent enough to realize the kind of statements I quoted are trollish in nature. Why do you think he is making them?

He is the only user here that bah-bah'ed at me like a sheep, called me a mindless sheep, a brainless clone, a little yipping dog and well a homer of the worst kind.

He did this dozens of times during our interactions. I am not exaggerating here for emphasis. Never once did I rail against him for criticizing a move by Belichick. It was always about the needlessly insulting rhetoric he used in talking about him. The conversation that got me Ignored, Deus came into a mature conversation and called Belichick a "wannabe Machiavellian idiot".

What did he hope to accomplish by that?

OF COURSE the homers answered him in kind (snarkily) and once again he got to play the victim.

Its a pattern of his.

75%+ of his posts are superbly and wonderfully insightful and informative.

But he HAS to know that calling Belichick a "wannabe Machiavellian idiot" is going to get him exactly the kind of heated response from the hated homers that he pretends to be so disgusted with.

So why make them?

Let me clarify though. I don't think Deus is a Troll, but he's perfectly capable of trolling (even if its just an unintentional byproduct of trying to insult)

Last edited:
I don't see how drafting o-linemen to protect Brady is letting him down
You are new here. Some here have a very special way of understanding football. For them, signing lineman is just not good enough. For them, we need to sign four top receivers (2 WR's and 2 TE's).

he is actually one of the more informative posters on this board and has probably forget more about football than many of us know.

He's more opinionated than informative. The majority of his posts are replies to people telling them their opinion is wrong and his is right.

The next time he tells someone he was wrong will be the first time.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more. Belichick has made some very good picks, and some very bad picks as well. I probably wouldn't want the job myself, as it would seem somewhat difficult to try and build both a competitive team as possible, while also trying to plan for the future + guess what will happen in certain situations/positions.

Then again, for 7-8+ million per year, I'm sure you could persuade me to give it a shot! :)
See this is why I love you Sup you take the tension out the situation, always very refreshing to hear from you!

He's more opinionated than informative. The majority of his posts are replies to people telling them their opinion is wrong and his is right.

We are all opinionated that is why we invest so much time in an internet sports forum. At the end of the day even when I disagree with someone I can find value in what they post when they do so with sincere intentions and DI no matter how opinionated, he maybe in your mind he does always posts with sincerity and offer context/substance. I can respect that even if I do not always agree with it.

I take issue with those who do not really want to debate football but instead want to abuse the forum and what it is intended for, outside of that I take no issue with anyone even if I might get in a heated debate or discussion with them, that is the nature of the situation. We are all fans, we are all homers to some degree or another, and we all can lack objectivity at times or post with a bias, this is the case in every sports board in the country, so I do not hold that against anyone in this one.

Actually, I find him worse than a troll. Trolls can be ignored and banned. I think he gets away with troll type behaivor that would get a lot of trolls banned because of his status and length of tenure on the board.

Also, he squanders his football knowledge with this Borges type of persona he has created for himself. Instead of adding value to this board, he would rather bait "homers" as he calls anyone who speaks positively about any Belichick move and turn any civil debate into a peeing match.

I agree actually. The sum of who Deus is not a Troll by any means, but he is perfectly intelligent enough to realize the kind of statements I quoted are trollish in nature. Why do you think he is making them?

He is the only user here that bah-bah'ed at me like a sheep, called me a mindless sheep, a brainless clone, a little yipping dog and well a homer of the worst kind.

He did this dozens of times during our interactions. I am not exaggerating here for emphasis. Never once did I rail against him for criticizing a move by Belichick. It was always about the needlessly insulting rhetoric he used in talking about him. The conversation that got me Ignored, Deus came into a mature conversation and called Belichick a "wannabe Machiavellian idiot".

What did he hope to accomplish by that?

OF COURSE the homers answered him in kind (snarkily) and once again he got to play the victim.

Its a pattern of his.

75%+ of his posts are superbly and wonderfully insightful and informative.

But he HAS to know that calling Belichick a "wannabe Machiavellian idiot" is going to get him exactly the kind of heated response from the hated homers that he pretends to be so disgusted with.

So why make them?

Let me clarify though. I don't think Deus is a Troll, but he's perfectly capable of trolling (even if its just an unintentional byproduct of trying to insult)

I would not take the comment he made about Belichick personally, look at DI he has posted on this board more times than anyone, there is no denying his dedication and love for this team, he lives and breathes the Patriots as many of us do. He has some reservations about the draft and that resulted in him making an emotional comment. I have seen him say things about Belichick that portray Bill as a god and defend him endlessly, but he was frustrated and disappointed with the draft, and he has the right to be, as far as what he said to you I did not see that and I am not going to argue that being ok. We all have the ability to troll each other, especially during emotional times like the day after the draft.

I am a homer, I love this team, **** I made about 150 mock drafts over the past few months I did not do it because I am a Jets fan. My love for the team aside, I was not in love with every pick Belichick made and I was disappointed and I came in here to voice my opinion and discuss it. There is a difference between being a homer and being blind and non-objective, defending someone endlessly is not something you do, you can stand by someone endlessly but you have to be able to acknowledge actualities otherwise you lose all creditability.

There's a whole lot of irony in your post. In the leadup to the free agency and the draft, I set up the free agent signings thread and posted almost nonstop day one. I've continued to post there, when signings happened, ever since. I also created a thread with a bunch of twitter accounts to follow, that covered every team in the NFL as well as more general NFL accounts.

In the meantime, you've *****ed about everyone who's had even a slight question about the Patriots, and you've done pretty much nothing else. Get off your horse. BB doesn't need you to be his white knight. He's the greatest coach in the history of the game, but he knows he makes mistakes. If he can handle it, so can you.

Actually, I find him worse than a troll. Trolls can be ignored and banned. I think he gets away with troll type behaivor that would get a lot of trolls banned because of his status and length of tenure on the board.

Also, he squanders his football knowledge with this Borges type of persona he has created for himself. Instead of adding value to this board, he would rather bait "homers" as he calls anyone who speaks positively about any Belichick move and turn any civil debate into a peeing match.
I have no interest in debating D as a poster, as I said we have had problems in the past so clearly I am not just cheerleading for my buddy here, I am just acknowledging the fact that his posts are sincere and they offer value because they possess substance. I appreciate that even if I do not always agree with it, and for the record I feel the same way about you, we do not always see eye to eye but I see value in 99.9% of what you post and respect your approach to using the board.

I think the mistake some passionate fans make is they sometimes forget it's a business. I think anyone who has run a business looks at this a bit differently ... not better ... just differently. Sorry to say it's not win at all costs ... just as any other business. It's win at this cost ... win with this much leverage to getting greater gain out of our invested assets. Kraft has alluded to this on several occasions. It's not like Basketball - Baseball and Hockey ... it's more about depth than it is about super stars except for QB to a degree. I think take the business aspect out of it and every team's draft will change.

Then injury gets in the way ... the unforseen. We should have five Lombardi's right now in the Brady era ... at least 5. A healthy Gronk first and foremost perhaps changes all perceptions, a helmet, a missed interception, a healthy Welker ... but ... it happens. I'll take Belichick's drafting percentages ... he's done above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back