PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats are bringing back James White

"at times"? Mr. Barth has a gift for understatement.

Love to see it, and really hope that hip is on the mend. When healthy, White is tremendous weapon and fits Mac Jones' strengths perfectly.

I know nothing about the type of hip injury he had, except that it sometimes ends careers.

If he's back to what he was, this is the best news Mac Jones has had this off-season. No better check-down outlet in the league than White.

Yeah apparently the deal is $7 million
I heard 5m, which would be in line with last year's deal - $2.46.

But here's the thing: a vet with four years of consecutive service with a team gets a CAP discount on the contract.

So White's $2.46 deal last year was ONLY $1.21 against the CAP, which is a pittance above the cheapest you can give a player.

Keep that rule in mind when complaining about the Pats resigning guys like Slater, White, etc.

White getting injured was a huge loss last season that I think a lot of people didn't realize. White is chain mover in the passing game and Pats were clearly missing another chain mover, hopefully he's not too affected by the injury.

IMO White back close to his usual self + Jonu being more involved + Metchie (let me fantasy mock draft for a second, d%#*!@t) would help Mac a lot more than spending $12m on someone like DJ Chark or $18-20m per for Allen Robinson

Glad to have him back. Underrated as a player tremendously all across the NFL . It's a no brainer at this price, just wondering if there is anything left in the tank. Even if he can perform at a bolden level we have a winner .

I have a feeling the offense will gel well this year with Mac being more confident and able to feed into agholor and Jonnu .

Not all years are down years for everyone . Agholor and Jonnu should shine a bit better this year if we open the playbook more and Mac has a little more zing in throws.

Let me be the first negative nelly here.
........... no, I can't!! Great and important signing!!

Super happy about this! As long as White can move like he did before, his leadership in the Offense is pretty important too.

Glad to have him back. Underrated as a player tremendously all across the NFL . It's a no brainer at this price, just wondering if there is anything left in the tank. Even if he can perform at a bolden level we have a winner .

I have a feeling the offense will gel well this year with Mac being more confident and able to feed into agholor and Jonnu .

Not all years are down years for everyone . Agholor and Jonnu should shine a bit better this year if we open the playbook more and Mac has a little more zing in throws.

Plus Rham flashed little in the passing game this season (wasn't much but he was like 18 rec on 20 targ), so he could become more involved and get better after having a year in the system

Good move, White will definitely help Jones out.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back