PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 34, Colts 27 - 5-0 Week 6 Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman will play through it. We cannot lose that guy for any game. The offense would struggle

if edelman is out..we're in big ****ing trouble to quote our pal kensil
he's the only guy who can get open consistently. gronk doesnt count since they double him every play

Yes it would hurt the offense and I do think he probably plays through it.

I don't think it would effect the way the season plays out if we miss him for 6 games though. I think in the end even if that happens Pats still get the first round bye and home field. Maybe lose 1 more game than they would have but that means they are 14-2 and 13-3 IMO.

I am not trying to undervalue Edelman cause i do think he is very good. I just think getting Lewis healthy and having Amendola and getting Lafell back should be good enough.

Pats showed tonight what they can do without Edelman healthy. 27 points is not bad. Also frankly they left some out there. As they showed they can motor along without him but just stalled for the last 20 minutes and nothing really changed from when they were rolling to when they stopped.

It was like the polar opposite of what they did in the Buffalo game where they were overly aggressive with the big lead. It seems like they over reacted and were overly conservative tonight.

I suspect it had to do with injuries. Edelman wasn't himself, Lewis was nicked up, Cannon was out, and the Colts beat the interior of our line with a couple rushes up the middle. Meanwhile the Colts offense wasn't doing anything. So they played it conservatively.

Considering some of the plays that went the Colts way, on the road, a victory was pretty sweet.

That is a big win. Colts are a good team and it was in their house on a prime time game. We were without our LT and backup T for most of the game. That is a solid win and everyone has to remember the Pats are not going to beat every team by 21 every week.

Street fights are good for them. They need to be battle tested and battle ready.

Two Patriots on the list and one guy who used stickum :)

Do u think they will acquire another corner?
I gave up trying to predict anything Belichick will do a few years ago. I just try and understand what I do see.

I hope they do, but with the potential of Slater being gone and with them getting Stork, Fletcher, Lafell and Chris Jones back, there is no telling.

Not illegal, just not enough men on the line of scrimmage (the entire OL was lined up a yard too deep).

This is the swinging gate play that Titans used in '08 and I think Washington too, a few years later. Both plays were flubs.

I don't think their intent was to ever snap the ball- just try to incur an offside or false start and failing that, just take delay of game and kick. A pretty boneheaded play, nonetheless and one that IMO, sealed the game.

After watching the game, I truly believed that BB, all week, coached focus and execution and instructed the team to ignore the revenge factor, and it made a world of difference.

BB in the Press Conference: We actually practiced that play on Thursday and we didn't stop it so it was a good job by the guys there.

Haha, that would piss pagano off like anything if he said that.

If Marcus Cannon's injury means he is out for any length of time, acquiring an OT becomes more important than a CB. I believe Blaine Causell and Michael Williams are the only guys on the roster that can possibly back up Vollmer and Fleming.

Two Patriots on the list and one guy who used stickum :)

Gronk is a beast. You hear so often player X is a game changer. Most of the time it is not true. Gronk is truly a game changer. How many guys were left wide open cause of Gronk? Martin got his big catch mostly cause Gronk is on the field. He just effects everything.

When they tried to go 1v1 with him he gets 2 catches in a row and gets in the endzone.

Been fun all! Now i am off to watch the re-run of the walking dead! :)

Bobby‏@PlatinumWoods
CRpueivXAAAagUS.jpg

Have you looked at our schedule? He's certainly be missed next week but I think we can manage if he misses a few games.

edelman played with the injury, why would he miss any time??

in any case, wtf is welker doing right now??:D:D:D

Of course I'm happy they got the W but man I feel frustrated with how things went

- That flukey INT/pick 6
- Some of those flags (including the OPI on Chandler that took away 4 points)
- A couple of dropped INTs
- Garbage time TD (even though it made for an incredible PAT block by Collins)
- injuries at LT, Slater, Sheard, Edelman, Lewis not looking 100%, potentially Gronk too

If Marcus Cannon's injury means he is out for any length of time, acquiring an OT becomes more important than a CB. I believe Blaine Causell and Michael Williams are the only guys on the roster that can possibly back up Vollmer and Fleming.

Chris Barker is on the practice squad.

never seen brady like this after a win. sounds exhausted and disappointed or something. like they lost the game.

Of course I'm happy they got the W but man I feel frustrated with how things went

- That flukey INT/pick 6
- Some of those flags (including the OPI on Chandler that took away 4 points)
- A couple of dropped INTs
- Garbage time TD (even though it made for an incredible PAT block by Collins)
- injuries at LT, Slater, Sheard, Edelman, Lewis not looking 100%, potentially Gronk too

Not meaning to nitpick or piss you off, but I think some of us need to remind ourselves what the term "garbage time" really means.

In the definitions that many are using now, we were basically in "garbage time" in the CLE game when we scored and recovered the onside kick.

I would think that garbage time should include something that is more than 2 scores, very late in the game. It shouldn't be when a team potentially cuts the game to 6 by scoring. I just think we're a little loose with the true definition, that's all. No offense meant to your thoughts on the game.

Last edited:
I was in Indy's locker room after the game and here is a rough transcript of Pagano to his boys:

"They said that the other team was going to come in here and hang 50 on us. Well, they only got 34 and we were within one touchdown. That's the sign of a true championship team, fellas. Get some rest. The banner will be here tomorrow and I'm having rings made for 34-27. I'm so proud of this team tonight. Luch, you're the best and I'll take you any day of the week, like my idol Harbaugh and his quarterback."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST