PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 34, Colts 27 - 5-0 Week 6 Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed like screens to Lewis worked well but they rarely used them in the second half.

IMO only injury that might be bad is the Slater injury. Sheard is new here and didn't know to keep his mouth shut that he is okay for the most part (maybe miss a game or 2 but not big deal.

Edelman with his finger is not good but not horrible. Worst case it is broken and he comes back in 6-8. As long as it is not season ending I am okay with it. I think it is not that bad though.

Slater might be done though. If so it hurts but not an injury you can't over come. BB has built a team with great STs depth.

Edelman will play through it. We cannot lose that guy for any game. The offense would struggle

IMO only injury that might be bad is the Slater injury. Sheard is new here and didn't know to keep his mouth shut that he is okay for the most part (maybe miss a game or 2 but not big deal.

Edelman with his finger is not good but not horrible. Worst case it is broken and he comes back in 6-8. As long as it is not season ending I am okay with it. I think it is not that bad though.

Slater might be done though. If so it hurts but not an injury you can't over come. BB has built a team with great STs depth.

if edelman is out..we're in big ****ing trouble to quote our pal kensil
he's the only guy who can get open consistently. gronk doesnt count since they double him every play

I'm happy to get a W, sooner or later the Colts were going to not roll over and take another 40 point beat down, those guys get paid too.

Seemed like screens to Lewis worked well but they rarely used them in the second half.
It looked as though they were trying to minimize his role tonight due to his injury.

for 30 minutes of football, the colts did everything that could to win a football game. They knew they needed tds and went on fourth and short, they onside kicked(and should have recovered, blown call by the refs) The recovered a Minitrons fumble(that wasn't an interception in my book) They ****ing brought it.

Then they turned into a joke in the second half. Luck SHOULD have had 4 picks, that fake punt? holy smokes what a disaster.

colts fan has explanation of the 4th and 3 play on reddit

"
I think they lined up the right side of the line a few yards off of the line of scrimmage on purpose, hoping that the Patriots defenders would step up to the newly established not-line-of-scrimmage. However, if the defenders did this and the Colts snapped the ball then they still would have received the illegal formation penalty, so I think they were trying to draw encroachment.

But obviously, that did not happen. In that situation I think the coaches were planning on them never snapping the ball and taking the delay of game penalty. A throw-back to McAfee and then a punt from the sideline wasn't out of the question, but it would have made a lot more sense for Whalen and Colt Anderson to lineup in shotgun to do that, plus you still have the issue of the formation being illegal."​

he's the only guy who can get open consistently. gronk doesnt count since they double him every play
Have you looked at our schedule? He's certainly be missed next week but I think we can manage if he misses a few games.

even deion thinks colts recovered the onside kick and refs blew it...did they ?

Kline had the ball before Moncreif kicked him in the head. Which was plain as day on the replay..

Yup. It's like the cowboys losing dez bryant. Dobson has been such a huge dissapointment. Wasting a roster spot

Playcalling in the fourth quarter after the Blount TD was strange. Either bad calls or just outright conservative.

IDK but Dalton might have the highest QB rating of any QB in the NFL (who has thrown 100+ passes) after this week.

Who saw that coming?

Have you looked at our schedule? He's certainly be missed next week but I think we can manage if he misses a few games.

So who will be making the plays? Gronk will be double teamed.

Kline had the ball before Moncreif kicked him in the head. Which was plain as day on the replay..

Kline never had possession and the last thing shown on the video was two Colts gloves wrapped around the ball.

IMO only injury that might be bad is the Slater injury. Sheard is new here and didn't know to keep his mouth shut that he is okay for the most part (maybe miss a game or 2 but not a big deal.

Edelman said the injury to that finger happened weeks ago.. Just jammed it.. Not a big deal.

And was also utterly illegal from the word go.

Not illegal, just not enough men on the line of scrimmage (the entire OL was lined up a yard too deep).

This is the swinging gate play that Titans used in '08 and I think Washington too, a few years later. Both plays were flubs.

I don't think their intent was to ever snap the ball- just try to incur an offside or false start and failing that, just take delay of game and kick. A pretty boneheaded play, nonetheless and one that IMO, sealed the game.

After watching the game, I truly believed that BB, all week, coached focus and execution and instructed the team to ignore the revenge factor, and it made a world of difference.

Kline never had possession and the last thing shown on the video was two Colts gloves wrapped around the ball.
Kline was on top of the ball and then Moncrief whipped his leg and kicked Kline in the helmet. That's how the ball came loose.. That's what the replay from the Pats end showed..

Listening to Pagano that explain disaster play, didn't make any sense. Said he was hoping he could catch us with to many men on the field possibly. What a train wreck, as I said before all I saw on that play was BB sitting on a lawn chair sipping magaritas parked in Pagano's head.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd use this post as a springboard...

Happy with the win (I never thought it would be a blowout).

A win's a win, but that's about the best thing I can say about this game

Not liking the injuries.

They've all started to really add up now. They really seemed to impact the game on offfense. Cannon needs to be ready for next week, because I'm not suiting up to play right tackle against the Jets.

Not thrilled with the defense.

Issues at DL (especially against the run) and DB (this team now needs not 1, but 2, CBs) are going to bite this team in the ass come playoff time, if BB can't figure something out.

Very unhappy with the offense pulling its head into its shell and going super conservative for way too much of the fourth quarter.

I think the Edelman injury played a big part in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST