PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 34, Colts 27 - 5-0 Week 6 Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting pretty sick of the national football media crapping on Edleman after every single game where he performs better than 95% of the receivers in this league. They hate him, that much is obvious. Just watch any round table discussion with these ESPN/NFLN nobodies as they serve up gushing platitudes for receivers on every other team in the league. It's like they think if they don't mention him, Edelman will disappear.
Clearly J, they must have discovered that he was Jewish......just like Julian just did. ;)

On that special team call, you have to wonder if the pats sent a low level employee to sneak a fake playbook into the colts locker room.

Last night I was somewhat disappointed by the relative difficulty of victory. But I feel better now:

a bunch of stupid fans stuffed their pieholes with deflategate cakes,
made stupid signs,
wore stupid deflategate hats,
painted their stupid faces,
and finally had their most lucid thought in years:

their coach is MORE STUPID than they are!

Last edited:
On that special team call, you have to wonder if the pats sent a low level employee to sneak a fake playbook into the colts locker room.
Low level, I am pretty sure Bill handled that assignment personally.

Gronk is a beast.
When they tried to go 1v1 with him he gets 2 catches in a row and gets in the endzone.

He was actually bracketed on the TD, but the play fake took out the underneath guy.

I think we could use a tackle regardless, but that's just me.

As far as CB goes, I think we'd all like to see a move, but I have a feeling that Belichick is fine with Coleman's progression and the recent acquisition of "Bud." That's not even getting into a scenario where McCourty could move up and play full-time CB, which would be in an emergency. In other words, I'm not as sure that we'll be seeing that expected CB trade that everyone is proposing.

There's a shortage of OLmen right now. I think if backup talke tackles were available for trade, another team would have landed then by now. I don't see a major trade happening for OT or CB, but maybe s inside wants Dobson and a middle-high draft pick. (I doubt it.)

I'll be honest. The Pats should have run more 3TE Sets running the ball. Running the ball should have been the game plan from the start.. That being said, after they had established the pass, they should have stayed with it late in the game on with short routes and screens. With the likes of Amendola, Edelman and Lewis, the Pats would have eaten up the Colts. And those routes would have eventually opened up things for Gronk as well..

This is just weird. They do great passing and you say definitively that it was the wrong game plan, except when they did something else.

Looks like the refs screwed up again...

WATCH: Did Referees Blow a Call, Give Colts a Touchdown on a T.Y. Hilton Drop?

Balls on the ground. Calvin Johnson rule. That should be an incomplete pass. My guess is they would say there's not enough evidence.

Depends on whether the ball moved. A still photo doesn't tell us much.

Depends on whether the ball moved. A still photo doesn't tell us much.

If his hand position changes(with regards to where his hands are on the ball) while the ball contacts the ground it's an incomplete pass. But I agree it's hard to tell.

In terms of injuries, In most concerned about Cannon. Big men and fit injuries don't get along, and I don't relish seeing Cameron Fleming out there against the Jets.

The Slater cart ride sounds ominous, but he got off the field with a modest hobble, and the way he fell didn't look like an ACL injury to my inexpert eyes, but it could be serious just the same.

Jamie Collins is under investigation for uniform violations:

CRti4xhUAAE2mRh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results