PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 34, Colts 27 - 5-0 Week 6 Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting pretty sick of the national football media crapping on Edleman after every single game where he performs better than 95% of the receivers in this league. They hate him, that much is obvious. Just watch any round table discussion with these ESPN/NFLN nobodies as they serve up gushing platitudes for receivers on every other team in the league. It's like they think if they don't mention him, Edelman will disappear.

It's ok Joe, when Jules is pissing all over whoever is covering him in January, then standing over them and talking sheeit after he twists their ankles up with his superior athleticism, they'll have to acknowledge his existence.

A win is a win. Everybody wanted their pound of flesh but that rarely goes as planned.

Colts have a ton of good offensive players and the pats held them to 21 points defensively.

Offense was solid as well considering Jules was hurt and some of the offensive line was down as well.

Win by 50 or 1 it's a win. Next week's game against the jets is more important than this game was.

Up until last night, there were two certain things in life:

1. Taxes

2. Death

And today, we have a 3rd:

Colts failed trickery will be atop MNF’s “C’mon Man!” segment... :p

Lol. I almost like this win more than a blowout. Gave them hope, they're sitting around thinking "What could have been!!" and "Those damn refs!!" and "We could've totally beat them if not for one or two plays." *****es, please. Edelman doesn't hurt his finger and the Pats go into halftime with a 27-14 lead and your coaching staff pulls out all the idiot stops just to try and not make it a 20 point loss. Love this team, good tough win in back to back road games with an injured line and the other team trying every little thing they could to keep it close. **** you Indiacrapolis. Bring on the Jests

Like it's been mentioned, a win is a win, but a few comments:
  1. Did not like the conservative play calls on offense the last 4 drives where we went 3 and out on all four. The game was not over yet we started play-calling like we were up by 30 points. It made the game closer that it should have been.
  2. Surprised by the amount of zone coverage we played.
  3. Love it when our DL stunts. Seems like we get pressure almost all the time when we do this.
  4. So it's almost safe to say that Dobson will probably be gone next year, unless he's got some injury as to why Martin is playing over him. Martin looks like he's got some potential. He definitely has better hands. That was a great adjustment and catch by him.
Injuries are mounting, but as it is with any NFL season, this is all about battle of attrition.

Coming in I was in the minority that just wanted a win and health as opposed to stomping them out. Got the W but I'm worried about Slater. Think Sheard/Cannon will be ok and not miss more than a couple games max.

Actually, a close win maybe better than a blowout. We've blown these guys out more than enough and it seemed too expected last night. This was a good character build for our guys and alot of times these games are a better learning experience than blowing everyone out. Credit the Colts, as hard as it is, they pretty much went toe to toe with us. Probably won't be that close 8 times outta 10, but last night they did. Both teams caught breaks, they had the gift pick 6 and iffy OPI on Chandler taking away a TD. We were gifted the fake punt fiasco and the first onside kick could have been called either way, in that situation VERY fortunate we got the ruling or they have it deep in out territory up 4.

Wasn't happy with the offensive playcalling or execution after the first 2nd half drive. It happens, otherwise JMD and the offense has been spot on this year. Also upset with our punt return team. Every return either sucks or is a good return called back on penalty. Bad considering we have 2 great returners.

Next week's game is probably the biggest one to date. 5-0 vs 4-1, depending on the status of Sheard/Cannon this could be a real tough one. Thankfully its at home.

A lot of things could have been better this game but I'll take it.

Jets might be our toughest test yet this season (seeing as we faced Pitt so banged up). The main thing is our OL needs to not get pushed around.

Andrews has come back down to earth the last 2 games and looks more an UDFA at times. He needs to step it up big time next week.

Brady had another ball tipped behind the line this week. Goes to show the plan can not always be "get the ball out fast". Sometimes your OL has to block for 3 seconds so you can go at least 20 yards down the field.

I am happy with how Flemming played overall but tackle is something you might want to address via trade even if Cannon is okay as well as CB.

Pats are dealing with their injuries okay though. Better than other teams generally.

We might if the value is there but I think we should do it only if we get a definite upgrade rather than trading for a CB 'just because'. I thought Cannon, Vollmer and Fleming did alright tonight so I don't think it's desperately necessary to add another if Cannon is fine. Again, always happy if they can get an upgrade.

The situation isn't desperate if Cannon is fine. But Cannon isn't fine. At best, he'll be playing injured. We need to have an OT just in case Cannon can't go or is re-injured.

Normally brady is more upbeat after a win. Today he sounded like we lost by 20.
The offense was awful at the end of the game, four punts in the fourth quarter.

Nonetheless, there are 2 serious candidates for positional GOAT, and 2 more for Pro Bowl/All-Pro. (I don't think Edelman will make it -- but he's a serious candidate indeed, Welker had a lot of appearances, and Troy Brown had one too. Come to think of it, Vollmer's All-Pro chances are probably out the window too if he has to spend significant time at LT.)

Of course, 2 of those 4 guys were 2nd-rounders.
I actually think Vollmer is a better LT than Solder.

Anyone have the colts radio call of the fake punt play ?

Anyone have the colts radio call of the fake punt play ?
I've heard it. Pretty funny. They keep saying **** like 'We made a bad mistake!' We. What's your number, you inbred corn farmer!

Highly entertaining game. Dramatic. Highs and lows.

Like last year when Amendola won our approval, I have to say Logan Ryan has been positive. More consistent than Butler. Butler is flashier, but his guy gets open more commonly. Ryan is not consistently burned. Scary, though, that the team is picking up corners off waivers and playing them the same week.

I will assume, when Pagano is fired, this game will be rolling on Irsay's laptop.

After the Jets, the schedule gets even easier. This might be the most challenging game for a bit.

Amazing that there are five unbeaten teams still. However, the Broncos play Packers next week, and play the Bengals and Patriots later. They face three of the undefeated teams. Green Bay also has the Panthers. Logistically, as many as three could still make it.

@jeffphowe: Chung lined up on Hilton a ton, especially in the second half. Luck never targeted the matchup.

@PhilAPerry: Belichick lauds Chung for his ability to cover Hilton. Says Chung's short-area quickness allowed him to neutralize some Hilton routes.

We matchup so well in a hypothetical GB superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes