PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats '08 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was curious if anyone knew what it was? I know it is fairly easy considering we get the AFC East, NFC West and AFC West so I know who we play, but does anyone know where the games would be if the season ended today?

it's not good in terms of travel

they go as West as you can go for four games

at Oakland
at San Diego
at Seattle
at San Francisco

As of 11/6/07
HOME
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

AWAY
Oakland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
Indianapolis
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

I know things change but it looks like the difficult home games are Pittsburgh and the difficult away games are San Diego, Seattle, Indy.

4 West coast flights of 4 hours a piece. Maybe they should do it like baseball and schedule it in 4 weeks straight so they can stay out west for 3 weeks and knock them all off.

How's this sound
@ Indy Monday night
@ West coast team Sunday

And let's make it really fair. Indy coming off their bye.....

Except saying that would be whining like the Colts do, right?

People don't have the right to criticize others then use their criticism as an excuse to do the same thing.

It's too bad both Oakland and SF are lousy, it would make a lot of sense to have one of them as a Monday night game followed by the other as a Sunday game, with the Pats staying in the same place for the full week.

Even without a primetiem game, that might make sense.

I didnt really mean to call the schedule easy, I can't predict what its gonna be like in 10 months. However, it definitely looks to be somewhat favorable besides all those west coast travels, luckily 2 of those teams arent very good at all... Especially since we don't have to go to Denver where we struggle and is a tough place to place. NFC West is a pretty weak division with some rebuilding teams and AFC West is probably the weakest AFC division (besides maybe AFC East but not if you include us).

Thanks for the guys who understand the schedule rotation, I knew who we play but pretty much didn't know where the games would possibly be and that was what I was looking for...

Here you go.

HOME
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC North

AWAY
Oakland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC South

Here is the Colts

HOME
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Chicago
Detroit
AFC East........I guess its us

AWAY
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Green Bay.....Hope its in Dec
Minnesota
AFC West

Who cares what the schedule is? Think like BB: "We just play the schedule that the NFL provides." If you're a contender, beat the teams you are scheduled to play. If you're a pretender, then try to gain an advantage from the schedule.

Let Dungy complain again about playing on Sunday after a Monday night game. Doesn't mean we have to.

Besides, we may be playing in Nashville, not Indianapolis.

Last edited:
it's not good in terms of travel

they go as West as you can go for four games

at Oakland
at San Diego
at Seattle
at San Francisco

It's not good for the team in terms of travel. But for those of us huge Pats fans on the west coast, it's wonderful. I will finally get a chance to see the Pats play live in Seattle. I might try to do my best and make the SF game too or Oakland. Maybe even all three, depending on when they are in the year. Seattle is for sure though.

When the drew up the rotating schedule for the current alignment, the league simply put the first two teams in each division in one group, and then the last two in another group, all alphabetically, to decide which teams play home-or-away in round robin play vs other divisions.

Thus, Buffalo and Miami will always have the same home and away games versus common opponents, and the Jets and the Pats will always have the opposite of them, and the same as each other. Check any schedule since 2002 and you will see this is true.

Unfortunately, it didn't occur to the schedulers not to group San Francisco and Seattle together (the order of NFC West team uses Saint Louis spelled out, thus Arizona and Saint Louis in one group, San Francisco and Seattle in the other). Thus, once every 8th season, the Pats will have games in both San Francisco and Seattle.

Ditto for Oakland and San Diego. Once every 6th season, the Pats will have games in both Oakland and San Diego (this happened in 2002; it's now 6 years later).

In 2008, we get the double whammy... both of the events will occur! This will take place every 24th season. however, chances are things will change in terms of numbers of teams and and/or divisional alignments by 2032.

That was some serious knowledge you shared there.
Thanks!
I knew about the rotation, but not about the same two teams sharing home/road opponents like the Pats and Jets do.
Who knew using Saint Louis instead of ST. Louis could affect the Patriots' (and others) travel schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back