PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots waive james robinson

Surprising! Hopefully this is a good sign for Strong/Harris, but this early on it's more likely a sign that he's not right physically. Maybe he comes back later for TC, but for now it's too bad.

Weird... I thought the signing was odd in the first place. I thought Strong and Harris showed they can play, Monty is the obvious 3rd down guy. Plenty of minimum salary PS, bottom of the depth chart guys will be available. If you suffer a significant injury there are still a bunch of older vets that could come in and be decent.

If you suffer a significant injury there are still a bunch of older vets that could come in and be decent.

Yeah, RB is a different animal now. There's alway mediocrity available to fill in for a run of injuries, and they can usually get up to speed quickly, unlike other positions where below average would be all you could find.

$150k for a week in short pants.
Chess master on fire

From what I've heard he just didn't look good/right in the initial OTAs which is a bad sign for a guy trying to prove that he's all the way back from a devastating injury.

Correct. Waived but not out of the picture. He'll be on speed dial unless another team signs him.

Hopefully thats a good sign for strong. I could totally see him in the woodhead role stealing carries from rham and catching balls. Rham needs a lighter workload this year that is for sure.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back