PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Patriots v. Dolphins post game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why you can'y depend on turnovers :rolleyes:

The patriots need to get healthy before the playoffs to stand a chance.

I agree, if you depend on turnovers as much as the Patriots do you will inevitably clinch the division in week 13 with a tough win on the road, in which your young defense steps up and the offense does enough to win despite injuries to all of your starting interior linemen and your all-pro tight end.

Last edited:
This was the Dolphins season. They had to throw everything that they had us.

Our run O was completely shut out in the first half, Brady looked a little shaky throughout, and our O and D lines were in combinations we haven't seen since pre-season. Yet we still won away against a divisional opponent.

If we get a little healthier I really think the only team that can beat us is ourselves.

Did Vollmer take one for the team today? Too injured to be effective...but the team needed warm bodies on the field? Rough day.
Gutsy win by a depleted Pats team. Movin on

Tom Brady first QB to win 10 division titles

this was exactly the tough win we needed heading into murderers row the next couple of weeks.

I was on the road today and had to listen to the radio for the most part...ESPN hates the Patriots so much it's beginning to get mind boggling.....two morons were blabbering like twittering little birdies about the Pats running game and how it was completely terrible, horrible, they'll never go anywhere,they knew it...and then, as the drive kept up and the running yards accumulated, these two idiots just blubbered like drunken little tick turds as the Pats strangled the life out of the Phins...their disappointment was AUDIBLE when Mayo sacked Tannehill at the end forcing the FG....they HATE us...I will never forget this and everything else this fetid "channel" has pulled on the good people of New England.

D improved, much more confidence than before..

The O did enough to win, no style points... but another winning seasona and division championship..

this game I could see us struggling to win without Talib ... since he's come here our defense is at least normal to above average.

I agree, if you depend on turnovers as much as the Patriots do you will inevitably clinch the division in week 13 with a tough win on the road, in which your young defense steps up and the offense does enough to win despite injuries to all of your starting interior linemen and your all-pro tight end.

way to look on the bright side :rocker:

Did Vollmer take one for the team today? Too injured to be effective...but the team needed warm bodies on the field? Rough day.
Gutsy win by a depleted Pats team. Movin on

They said on WEEI this morning that people who saw the pre-game warm ups were shocked Vollmer was active. Said he looked to be struggling mightedly.

Time to bring back the "champs" SIG :D...Nice to pull out a win. TB a little off. Secondary started to regress a little in the 2nd half IMO. Not so great tackling. Dropped balls. Hopefully starters return when needed. Anyway good win. :rocker: Time to shop for a tee

this was exactly the tough win we needed heading into murderers row the next couple of weeks.

It's not murderer's row if you're a murderer.

No team in the league is any better than the Pats.

can someone explain to me what brady saw on that interception..............................................................................................

It's not murderer's row if you're a murderer.

No team in the league is any better than the Pats.

How dare you say something positive on this board after a win!!! :D

can someone explain to me what brady saw on that interception..............................................................................................

One on one? DB had great coverage and made a play vs a bad throw

People criticizing Brady need to realize its not his fault when he holds onto the ball too long!

The problem is that our Receivers just suck at getting separation down field with Gronk out;

sure Welker is great at catching 5 yard passes and Screens but if the defense keys on him, there is no one getting separation and Brady has to try to fit it into very tight windows which leads to incompletions or sacks when he holds on too long. Yeah Lloyd makes a great catch every once in a while but he can't get any separation...

also had some bad drops by Hernandez today, especially early...

also i dont understand why we always try to throw this semi fade/go route where Brady got picked off today; same thing happened in the Seattle-game and brady got picked. Our receivers just can't get open on this route, they are too slow!

Liked the defense today-especially on 1st and 2nd down! and the great last drive by the O!

This is why you can'y depend on turnovers :rolleyes:

The patriots need to get healthy before the playoffs to stand a chance.

Yup. You nailed it. Pats proved today that they have no chance - especially on the road - when the offense doesn't put up 40+ points with a bunch of turnovers.

Oops ... Except they did.

This was a 2003 vintage kind of win.

Obviously not the defender who was blanketing Hernandez

Hey SCott, LLoyd has been a dissapointment in my mind.Some people give him excuses but he has to do more.

Hes got 60 catches, will probably end up with 75+/-, whats wrong with that? he was covered today so Brady looked the other way, hes a good weapon to have when other teams key on Gronk/Welker/Hern. Hes had other games this year where you hardly hear his name then he'll have a couple good games. He is what he is, hes good and one cog in this offense.

Last edited:

Probably a guy from the opposing team running the ball back towards him?

:confused2:

Last edited:

He sure didn't see Ridley wide open in the flat. He never does. Or maybe that was another play. Just wish he would toss it to Ridley once in a while when he's wide open after pass protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News