PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Patriots v. Dolphins post game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. You nailed it. Pats proved today that they have no chance - especially on the road - when the offense doesn't put up 40+ points with a bunch of turnovers.

Oops ... Except they did.

This was a 2003 vintage kind of win.

You took my comment the wrong way........i meant the games will be harder if the pats can't force turnovers.

This game was closer than what it should have been.

Last edited:
Not the prettiest of wins but I liked it for the following:

-AHern as looked the best he has all season.
-Defense put togeter another great outing (until the final drive where they obviously didn't care).
-Offense protected a lead today finally in the clutch. Great drive to end the ballgame.
-It was a win after all.

Hope Edelman is okay and anybody else who got banged up today (can't remember any others)

What is it about this offense that wrs struggle with it?Unless your Randy Moss.LLoyd looked lost out there.I am afraid of this team bringing in wrs under this system.

shalise manza young â€@shalisemyoung
Welker tied Jerry Rice for most 10+ catch games all-time (17)...he also passed Rice for most 10-catch, 100-yard career games (16)

In no way is the Texans and 49ers at home back to back murderers row....

What is it about this offense that wrs struggle with it?Unless your Randy Moss.LLoyd looked lost out there.I am afraid of this team bringing in wrs under this system.

Wes seems to do ok in it.

shalise manza young â€@shalisemyoung
Welker tied Jerry Rice for most 10+ catch games all-time (17)...he also passed Rice for most 10-catch, 100-yard career games (16)

Where does he rank on dropped TD's?

Last edited:
An ugly win for sure. For whatever reason Miami in Miami often produces these difficult to watch games where the Pats look like thier going to beat themselves rather than Miami beating them.
Brady played poorly for most of the game and McDaniels had another one of his terrible early season like games. Virtually ignoring the run for 3 quarters was sheer idiocy! Especially with Brady clearly not on his A game.
This game reminded me a lot of the early early season games, where we left points all over the field and let the other team stay close. However, even though we did leave points on the field and had both our QB and OC have poor games, we still won. If this game was played in September, there is a good chance we'd have lost it.
The team is mentally stronger now than it was at the beginning of the year and a win on the road in Miami is always a beautiful thing.

That last New England drive was a thing of beauty.

moss actually knew how to get separation unlike lloyd and chad.

Last edited:
The combo of the depleted O line up against a formidable pass rush had Brady out of sorts from the get go. Factor in a lack of live reps for AHern. Brady had no rhythm and his internal clock was off. One of those days. The lack of WR speed continues to irk me.

Only 23 points......horrible :) ....Of course 23 points would win 9 out of 10 games completed this week......but where's the style:)

I am talking about these wrs on the outside.They havent gotten much production since randy moss.

I am talking about these wrs on the outside.They havent gotten much production since randy moss.

They also drafted a couple decent TE's since then.

That last New England drive was a thing of beauty.

That drive for me was most promising moment of the season.

That was playoff, championship level execution right there. Leave no doubt and end the game with the ball in your hands. That was he drive missing from all three losses.

All year I wanted to see this team have a two score lead vs an inferior opponent cut to a one score lead in the fourth only to have the offense salt the game away with a long scoring drive to put it away and that's just what we got. Very encouraging as we head into December.

Yup. You nailed it. Pats proved today that they have no chance - especially on the road - when the offense doesn't put up 40+ points with a bunch of turnovers.

Oops ... Except they did.

This was a 2003 vintage kind of win.

It's a nice win, but let's not kid. If Tannhill didn't suck, the Patriots could very well have lost that game, because they played poorly on offense.

You took my comment the wrong way........i meant the games will be harder if the pats can't force turnovers.

This game was closer than what it should have been.

Sure they will, and I agree it shouldn't have been close. But they aren't all going to be high scoring affairs. Winning a trap game on the road against a good defense when you're a bit off isn't bad. Plenty of humble pie for BB to serve up before Houston comes to town.

It's a nice win, but let's not kid. If Tannhill didn't suck, the Patriots could very well have lost that game, because they played poorly on offense.

Not going to play a Top 5 QB every week, so? They beat a team with a rookie QB, like they should have.

someone else who can see the bigger picture :rocker:

Listen, the offense can be more efficient if they got more production from the outside.Mainly LLoyd who to me has been a dissapointment.

Not going to play a Top 5 QB every week, so? They beat a team with a rookie QB, like they should have.

like they should have?:snob:

he didn't look like a rookie when drove 80 yards on the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes