PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp 8/06/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the only good thing I've read about him thus far.

There's been quite a few positive remarks about Easley since he came off PUP.

With JoJo still being out (which bums me out so much)

Why? Obviously you'd rather the entire team be healthy, but LaFell has a proven connection with Brady that doesn't appear threatened in any way by the time off. Maybe it he misses the entire camp it might be worth worrying about, but we're still a week away from the first preseason game.

- Richards' intelligence continues to wow the coaches, players and onlookers. They say he could be the starter come game one of the season.

This is an incredible, very exciting development. Do you by chance have links for the quotes from the coaches and players where they say he has shown so well through five practices that he is on a trajectory to potentially be the game one starter?

I won't cry if the 2nd round pick jumps Chung on the depth chart and join DM at safety.

I am still interested in seemingly this backfield perform when it counts - but I feel better than I did a few months ago.

Belichick makes the coaches run laps also ... that's funny.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-06-at-10.37.14-AM.png

Par for his career? He's had about 2 injuries since he became the #1 TE in Buffalo.

GP last 4 years (as the #1 TE)

So he's trending down then...

Wish we knew more about the RBs, specifically third-down. I know it's hard to really evaluate that position right now but I want to know!!! I think it's great that Gray is still looking good, I think he will pair well with Blount this year. Otherwise I have seen a few different guys say the different 3DRB's have "flashed"... but not much to go off of. Can't wait to see their blitz pickup. IMO Cadet has a chance to make the team even if he doesn't win the job, because he can do many things: RB, KR, working on both punt and kick coverage teams, and can also be a reserve WR or be used in special packages.

No. Years are listed in descending order

'14
'13
'12
'11

Damn! And I thought I was so clever...

Sounds like we're in great shape people, as usual. As usual, it comes down to staying healthy.

Way too early draft grade based on what we know so far. This is not based on position but how good i think the players are.

Brown - A (as advertised)
Richards - A- (surprisingly this is looking like a good pick... You could have gotten him later i think but he is playing above his draft selection it looks like
Grissom - B- (some good things but a lot left to see)
Flowers - B (some good things... more consistent than Grissom)
Jackson -A (home run pick)
Mason - B (Early and a lot will depend on how he improves)
Cardona - B- (not a big impact spot but he looks ready to go and does upgrade the team)
Wells - D (a few okay things but no impact looks like... I think he is probably cut)
Derby - D (injured and did not do much before the injury to get me excited)
Roberts - B- (Showed flashes and is athletic but rare and competing for a spot)
****son - F (have heard almost nothing about him)

I think we will have 8 draft picks make this roster either as part of the day 1 53 or later in the season and contribute for years to come.

This is looking like a pretty good draft. You are lucky usually if 4 people work out and have any decent size impact.

This is an incredible, very exciting development. Do you by chance have links for the quotes from the coaches and players where they say he has shown so well through five practices that he is on a trajectory to potentially be the game one starter?
Every report I've seen on him has been very positive, and he seems to be getting a lot of run with the #1s.

Wish we knew more about the RBs, specifically third-down. I know it's hard to really evaluate that position right now but I want to know!!! I think it's great that Gray is still looking good, I think he will pair well with Blount this year. Otherwise I have seen a few different guys say the different 3DRB's have "flashed"... but not much to go off of. Can't wait to see their blitz pickup. IMO Cadet has a chance to make the team even if he doesn't win the job, because he can do many things: RB, KR, working on both punt and kick coverage teams, and can also be a reserve WR or be used in special packages.

I'm interested in this battle as well, but I'm not really concerned about it personally.

In 2010 (14-2) our leading RB receiver was Woodhead, with 34 catches, or approximately 2 per game.

In 2011 (13-3 and SB) our leading RB receiver was Woodhead, with 18 catches, or approximately 1 per game.

This whole "3rd down back" is something that the fans have focused on a bit too much in my opinion, and even when you look at the great Shane Vereen, he had 3 catches or less in 10/19 games last season (the majority).

Yes, it was nice to have another outlet in Vereen (particularly in the DET and SEA games vs. tough defensive fronts), and he ended up becoming a SB hero, but I'm thinking that Belichick and McDaniels will be creative enough to plug and play--possibly even shifting that production to another area altogether.

It's possible that we may not have a "standout" 3rd down back this year, with the production spread around with a few RB's who are averaging 10 catches apiece.

It comes from the various TC reports I've read. Some of the links are posted on this board, complete with twitter posts from the Boston writers. I don't know if Reiss touches on Richards, but quite a few of the other observers have. I also watched something on him on the official website as well.

Thank god for TC yesterday as it offered a respite from football air pressure discussion, always amazed how fast Brady is in the two minute offense.. and how his "intellectual" and "football" speed rules that aspect of that part of the game..

Lots of new faces on the field.. rookies and free agents...

Interesting moment was when there were 12 defenders on the field for a quick field goal, Easley seemed to be the culprit, and the two laps they had to take..

BB was his usual coaching self, taking every opportunity to teach..

Steven B. is still toiling along as a coaching assistant, not sure where he is assigned.. but he is usually in the mix....

#12 will never have to buy a drink in this town again..

Interesting moment was when there were 12 defenders on the field for a quick field goal, Easley seemed to be the culprit, and the two laps they had to take..

BB was his usual coaching self, taking every opportunity to teach..
Read somewhere, think it was Reiss, that it was two laps because it was second offense. They'd made the same mistake the night before, at the in-stadium practice, then failed the retest the next day. Driving the point home.

--
I'm interested in this battle as well, but I'm not really concerned about it personally.

In 2010 (14-2) our leading RB receiver was Woodhead, with 34 catches, or approximately 2 per game.

In 2011 (13-3 and SB) our leading RB receiver was Woodhead, with 18 catches, or approximately 1 per game.

This whole "3rd down back" is something that the fans have focused on a bit too much in my opinion, and even when you look at the great Shane Vereen, he had 3 catches or less in 10/19 games last season (the majority).

Yes, it was nice to have another outlet in Vereen (particularly in the DET and SEA games vs. tough defensive fronts), and he ended up becoming a SB hero, but I'm thinking that Belichick and McDaniels will be creative enough to plug and play--possibly even shifting that production to another area altogether.

It's possible that we may not have a "standout" 3rd down back this year, with the production spread around with a few RB's who are averaging 10 catches apiece.

I disagree. the value of a guy who can get a first down or clutch play when everyone else is covered is much greater than some mathematical average. Look at Faulk's contribution over the years. there's also the draw play.

It's all about spreading the defense or catching it off guard.

It comes from the various TC reports I've read. Some of the links are posted on this board, complete with twitter posts from the Boston writers. I don't know if Reiss touches on Richards, but quite a few of the other observers have. I also watched something on him on the official website as well.

Richards has apparently been impressive, but I think you may have exaggerated when saying some think he can be the opening day starter. Even if that is true, it hasn't been indicated in any of the reports I've seen.

I've seen the stuff from observers and writers. What I'm interested in, and haven't seen, is the quotes you cite from players and coaches that he could be starting by game #1. That is far more meaningful than anything any observer or writer says, and in fact is out of character for the team , which is part of what makes it so remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back