PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for TE Martellus Bennett!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about brady is if bennett is the 4th option he should get open ALOT and brady will find him each time. I think the production will be there
But why would he be the 4th option? If we are going to run a base 2 TE offense, the basis of that scheme is TO GET THE TEs OPEN. Bennett will get plenty of passes thrown to him if he is healthy and getting open.

But why would he be the 4th option? If we are going to run a base 2 TE offense, the basis of that scheme is TO GET THE TEs OPEN. Bennett will get plenty of passes thrown to him if he is healthy and getting open.
In 2011, the year Gronk and Murderer were healthy together:
Gronk had 124 targets (and broke all TE records. btw last year he has 120)
Murderer had 113
This all while Welker had 173 and Deion Branch had 90.

Bennetts 3 years in Chicago he had 94,128,80 which was 4th, 3rd and 2nd on his team, but it should be noted he was 2nd because Forte (who had more targets the Bennett in 13 and 14) split time, and the WR unit had many injuries, so the targets were spread out.

In 2011, the year Gronk and Murderer were healthy together:
Gronk had 124 targets (and broke all TE records. btw last year he has 120)
Murderer had 113
This all while Welker had 173 and Deion Branch had 90.

Bennetts 3 years in Chicago he had 94,128,80 which was 4th, 3rd and 2nd on his team, but it should be noted he was 2nd because Forte (who had more targets the Bennett in 13 and 14) split time, and the WR unit had many injuries, so the targets were spread out.
Bennett had 94 million targets?! He's definitely going to see a dip in production here.

Bennett had 94 million targets?! He's definitely going to see a dip in production here.
You know what he meant. Now you are just trying to cause trouble.:p

You keep saying he will be blocking more here. Unless we change our entire offense and become a ground and pound team that's just not true.
TEs block. They do it here and on every team in the NFL. Bennett played TE in Chicago and blocked just as much as he will here.

How about this scary thought. Flanker screen with JE using Bennett and Gronk as his front men.
DW Toys

How about this scary thought. Flanker screen with JE using Bennett and Gronk as his front men.
DW Toys
How about this? RUNNING the ball with Gronk, Bennett, Hogan, Edelman, and 5 OL blocking.

How about this? RUNNING the ball with Gronk, Bennett, Hogan, Edelman, and 5 OL blocking.

I like the idea of 3rd and short with Edelman, Gronk, Bennett, Develin, and a RB. Basically every short yardage option is available there.

I like the idea of 3rd and short with Edelman, Gronk, Bennett, Develin, and a RB. Basically every short yardage option is available there.
Hogan is a terrific blocker, so I'd have him in there instead of Edelman to run it.

Bennett will have plenty of production just as The Murderer had really good production, if they double Gronk he will become one of Brady's first options, and if he is producing Brady will keep going to him, until they find a way to slow it down, and then Brady will go back to Gronk or pound them with Edelman and Amendola. And although I still believe they need to upgrade at RB I think the RB'S will find the going much easier in two TE sets and a no huddle offense.

Hogan is a terrific blocker, so I'd have him in there instead of Edelman to run it.

I think for runs I would agree, but Edelman gives you more options if you'd rather pass, and can run that Jets sweep. Hogan may be able to do that as well though, so it may be a wash.

I just like the sound of a base offense with 5 OL, TB12, Lewis, Edelman, Hogan, Gronk, Bennett. That's a crazy amount of YAC right there.

DW Toys
This is one of many possible ways to exploit the mismatches Bennett creates. Bennett is a more effective blocker than the murder was, so gives Brady more options. Both these TEs can run away from LBs and destroy DBs run-blocking.

Bennett catches a pass from The GOAT in training camp and his reaction:

Thank you for taking that arrow for me! :D

Watching that NFL network piece on Gronk and Bennett...i am pretty pumped

Don't disagree at all but Gronk Bennett and hogan is as good as it gets in addition to what the OL does on a base offense.

Bill the gm after he completed this deal....

biDFHU0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back