PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wynn-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Brown

Seems like BB finally realized Brady has been getting abused back there.

Ok then same thing.
White is a 3rd down back.
Burkhead is a backup.
Hill and Gillislee are dine a dozen jags.
This was certainly a need. We lost the guy who ran for almost 1000 yards.

That’s true, had to replace Lewis with a quality back. Wonder if they’ll pick a wide reciever to replace dola? Honestly Andy, I’m pretty happy with the draft. I’ll be happier if they draft at least one defense guy

When Elway's 37 and 38, he won his two Superbowls, and then retired a few months later (at 38). Unlike previous years where he was the entire offense, the Broncos built up a dominant run game that helped Elway to avoid getting hit so much and avoid injury.

I've been expecting a similar approach with Brady for about the last 6 years and have been dead wrong every year. Every year, the Patriots have focused almost entirely on the passing game (especially in big playoff games) and Brady has been hit an absolute ton. Of all of the most amazing things about the GOAT, Brady's ability to play through all of these hits at his age and keep on the field is among the most amazing things about him.

However, he will be 41 at the start of the next season, and it seems like at long, long last (about 5 years later than I thought would be the case) the Patriots are taking some steps to reduce the number of hits to their 41 year old quarterback. The have drafted Wynn on the OL and now appear to be bringing in Brown. They have also drafted the most promising running back NE has had in years, perhaps there will finally be more emphasis in the running game this year (not to mention that Michel is an outstanding blocker himself for pass plays.

In my opinion, it is high time for these moves to protect the treasure that is Tom Brady a bit and finally reduce the number of hits he gets this season.

If they're concerned about cannon than they should have never let solder go. You can't the rookies learn on the fly.

Trent Brown - New England Patriots - 2018 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Brown is a mauling right tackle with long arms who has battled conditioning issues. He's reportedly a bit out of shape as he recovers from labrum surgery on his shoulder. Brown isn't expected to be healthy until training camp.

how the hell is he supposed to pass a physical?

he's a big bastid at 6'8" / 355

One thing that will be a constant next year will be our defense allowing average QBs look like super bowl winning QBs. Well at least number 12's stil here and he alone wins you games.

Can some smart folks give me the most likely OL(s) based on who we now have?

Okay BB we get it you're way smarter than us now ENOUGH WITH THE LINEMEN ALREADY

I'm thinking there may be concern with Cannon.

Cannon rarely plays more then 8 games at 5.5 mill this season and jumps to 7.5 next season... 16 games season makes it 15 mill or same as Solder :eek:

@FieldYates: The 49ers are trading OT Trent Brown and pick number 143 overall to the Patriots in exchange for pick number 95 overall, sources tell @AdamSchefter and me. The deal is pending a physical.

Very happy to pick up a mid round pick. This is good value. Interesting trade -- I don't think the full picture is finished yet. We may see more player movement, both coming and going.

Brown's contract is up at the end of the coming season, wonder if an extension was worked out as a condition of the trade

Brown's contract is up at the end of the coming season, wonder if an extension was worked out as a condition of the trade

I doubt it. Does BB work that way.

Can some smart folks give me the most likely OL(s) based on who we now have?
Im not saying I'm smart folk but here's my opinion.
Cannon LT
Wynn LG
Thuney C
RG Mason
RT Brown
I think this is our best 5 it assumes Cannon and Thuney can switch spots so it's a big assumption.

I know how some of you feel about pff but Brown graded higher than Solder and Cannon las year (just).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back