PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Still One of The Top SB Contenders On Sports Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The patriots aren't odds on favorites anymore to win the SB. But we are among the top 3 in all the sports books that were cited by Reiss.

Of course, here at patsfans, many think that we would be lucky to win our division.

I guess for outsiders, when the best team in football has the best offseason in football, they are still a Super Bowl contender at 2-2.
====
The top teams are a bit different at different sports books. After all, it is early. The teams at the top of the betting are KC, NE, PITT, ATL and GB.

There is little love for DEN.

Last edited:
I think losing two home games is more alarming than being 2-2, but the panic around here is borderline hilarious. This team is 12-4 all day and i fully expect them to be in the AFC game as usual.

The team will be 2-3 going into Week 6, because we all know that defense won't somehow wake up after their atrocious play yesterday in just a few days. You'll see the same nonsense again. This is not a good Patriots team. They'll probably go 11-5, which will probably enter as the #3 seed, go into the WC Game, and get bounced out.

I want everyone here to wake up and smell the coffee. It is now Week 5, and the Patriots are ranked as the worst defensive team in baseball. Put that into your head. 4 weeks is already enough to show case what you are as a team. It's not going to change. This is your defense.

Gilmore is terrible. I can't believe I actually miss Logan Ryan. Unbelievable. Some people really just aren't cut out to be a Patriot.

I think losing two home games is more alarming than being 2-2, but the panic around here is borderline hilarious. This team is 12-4 all day and i fully expect them to be in the AFC game as usual.
That's what this fan base does.

It's like getting a paycheck every week and you are rolling in the dough and suddenly the checks stop. It's panic

The team will be 2-3 going into Week 6, because we all know that defense won't somehow wake up after their atrocious play yesterday in just a few days. You'll see the same nonsense again. This is not a good Patriots team. They'll probably go 11-5, which will probably enter as the #3 seed, go into the WC Game, and get bounced out.

I want everyone here to wake up and smell the coffee. It is now Week 5, and the Patriots are ranked as the worst defensive team in baseball. Put that into your head. 4 weeks is already enough to show case what you are as a team. It's not going to change. This is your defense.

Gilmore is terrible. I can't believe I actually miss Logan Ryan. Unbelievable. Some people really just aren't cut out to be a Patriot.

So the sky is falling, 4 weeks is enough to tell what they have, and they have the worst defense in baseball...

Take a deep breath and have a seat. The real season begins after Thanksgiving.

giphy.gif

"Vegas believes in Belichick, but we don't!!!!"

The patriots aren't odds on favorites anymore to win the SB. But we are among the top 3 in all the sports books that were cited by Reiss.

Of course, here at patsfans, many think that we would be lucky to win our division.

I guess for outsiders, when the best team in football has the best offseason in football, they are still a Super Bowl contender at 2-2.
====
The top teams are a bit different at different sports books. After all, it is early. The teams at the top of the betting are KC, NE, PITT, ATL and GB.

There is little love for DEN.

I still like us to win the division but this defense has been abysmal and that's being kind.

And some aren't cut out to be patriot fans.

That's what this fan base does.

It's like getting a paycheck every week and you are rolling in the dough and suddenly the checks stop. It's panic
In the BB era this team has the most regular season wins, the most post season wins, the most SB wins, and the most times having its fan base say they suck.

Dude at least give it some time. Yes they're pathetic right now but let's give it some time.

What do they do if Brady keeps ripping it up? He'll be 41 next year. Jimmy G was supposedly the future. Yeah its off topic. Still.

They’ll either be legitimate SB contenders or the most exciting (high scoring games) team in the league. I can think if a lot of fanbases who have it worse. Also, everything they do post-SB51 is just gravy.

Does anyone remember how much or if the odds changed after Week 4 in 2014? This was coming off the blowout loss in KC and the media saying Brady was finished.

Does anyone remember how much or if the odds changed after Week 4 in 2014? This was coming off the blowout loss in KC and the media saying Brady was finished.
Not much changed then either, but it's a night and day difference between this year and 2014. The only real similarity is that they lost in weeks 1 and 4 both years.

In 2014, both of the losses were on the road, rather than in Gillette, like this year. Also, the two losses were sandwiched around games where the defense allowed 7 points and 9 points. The real panic was due to the fact that Brady and the offense only scored 14 points and turned the ball over 3 times. Also, many perceived it as Brady being "pulled," rather than for what it was, which was simply to put JG in because the game had gotten out of hand.

I hope that's not the case. If so, that would be ridiculous. Even people who don't have much faith right now like the tbSB5 guy in this thread are still predicting 10-6 or 11-5 seasons. They just think they'll lose in the WC or divisional round.

If there are people who are seriously just giving up on the season already, then they probably aren't even real fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST