PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots signed Tom Brady to a two-year extension through 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant go wrong with more Brady

Does this save cap space for this year?

Rex Ryan be like:

ZU1uWZn.gif

I think we need to wait and see what the numbers look like to see if the Pats and Brady truly feel like he will be playing in 2019, or is this just another move to save money on the salary cap.

I think Brady can play for another 4 years. Provided he doesn't take the beating he did last year. He rarely runs, and if he has the right protection, gets rid of the ball quickly. Brady's biggest asset is his brain and his experience, neither one of those things diminish with age (well at least not until after 60 or so).

We are betting against the entire history of the NFL. Brady is one of a kind, but the fact remains that there has only been two QBs to start and play at a high level age 39+: Favre and Moon.

In two seasons Manning went from 55 TD passes to the worst QB in the league. QB declines are usually rapid.

Then again, Brady could defy the odds again and play until he is 45. Who the heck knows. I just hope they find another good developmental QB in the meantime.

the league also started testing for HGH. that coudl explain why swollen head manning has fallen off.

I'm really hyped about this news. Brady really has shown no signs of slowing down and I think it's smart to lock him up for another couple years. I am guessing that Brady probably made it team-friendly so if he declines they can part with him without much impact, but he would probably be self-aware enough to retire at that point.

What I'm really interested in is how "team-friendly" it really is: what if Brady REALLY did the Pats a solid and gave them some nice cap space?

So whos the next guy to get an extension?

My guess its one of the LB's

Is this the first domino to enable the other much needed extensions (Hightower et al)? Hopefully Hightower, Collins and Butler are soon added to the list of players signed through '19.

Reiss added this about ten minutes ago. Normally, I'd think it was too trivial to post, but, since we have no other "real" information beyond the initial report, I thought I'd pass it along.

"The deal with Brady is not yet signed and may not be for a little while, sources said."

Sources: Brady, Pats agree to 2-year extension

The great thing about Brady is how much of a team player he is. He knows he wants to retire a Patriot, and by doing so, he gave the Pats some cap space to sign important veterans.

Also, one talent that will not fade with him is his decision making. He knows how to get rid of the ball probably faster than any QB in football. Plus his knowledge of this offense is unrivaled. Those 2 things will not fade with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes