PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots signed former Bills WR Donald Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats sign WR Donald Jones

That someone else could be Emmanuel Sanders. He's RFA and would cost a 3rd, but he's apparently visiting.

That way we use the 3rd instead of the 1st or 2nd on a more guaranteed shot at WR and have two high picks for defense. I like it.

Then trade The Hammer for a better 3rd back.

That someone else could be Emmanuel Sanders. He's RFA and would cost a 3rd, but he's apparently visiting.

Sanders coming aboard would probably mean waving goodbye to Lloyd. Even still, Sanders-Lloyd-Amendola-Gronk-Hernandez would be pretty nice to see in a 5 WR set.

Sanders coming aboard would probably mean waving goodbye to Lloyd. Even still, Sanders-Lloyd-Amendola-Gronk-Hernandez would be pretty nice to see in a 5 WR set.

I would prefer Sanders - Edelman - Amendola - Gronk - Hernandez personally.

If Lloyd doesnt restructure, he's as good as gone.

I would prefer Sanders - Edelman - Amendola - Gronk - Hernandez personally.

If Lloyd doesnt restructure, he's as good as gone.

I think he'll restructure. He wants to play with McDaniels.

I think he'll restructure. He wants to play with McDaniels.

He played on a team friendly deal last year. He shouldn't have to restructure. One of these days, these football players may figure this stuff out.

So they're going to saddle Brady with the Caldwell bunch again this year?
Gronkowski, Hernandez and Amendola are better than anyone on the 2006 receiving corps.
And we have Sanders coming in.
Sorry, but not signing Welker does not mean that BB does not understand how to field a team, and your incessant whining is getting very tiring.

He played on a team friendly deal last year. He shouldn't have to restructure. One of these days, these football players may figure this stuff out.
Actually maybe one day you will. :rolleyes:

The market is what it is. Right now it's close to dead. We could probably bring in Jennings for a little more than what Lloyd is on the books for.

Not saying it's fair, but it's the system.

Since I know you read my posts, you'll know that I've defended Lloyd from being cut because he's already giving us 900+ yards on a bargain. This commentary is just me thinking that he will in the end due to the fact that McDaniels is already on the coaching staff.

Hopefully he forgives VW for this...

wilfork-hit-9-30-12.gif

Gronkowski, Hernandez and Amendola are better than anyone on the 2006 receiving corps.
And we have Sanders coming in.
Sorry, but not signing Welker does not mean that BB does not understand how to field a team, and your incessant whining is getting very tiring.

AJ is that anyway to talk about that Welker buttboy/post padder Deus Irae.:D

The market is what it is. Right now it's close to dead. We could probably bring in Jennings for a little more than what Lloyd is on the books for.

Not saying it's fair, but it's the system.

I wasn't blaming the team, specifically, although this would potentially leave him with a completely new WR corps, because I think it's all too prevalent in our society, and it's clearly seen all throughout the NFL. It's really the fault of the players. They could have worked the CBA to deal with any number of issues, including this one, but they chose to focus things like the number of padded practices, instead.

I don't see Lloyd getting cut either, because he surly- who gives a care?

They needed someone on the other side with speed, they got someone with speed.

I can't imagine the Steelers wouldn't match -- with Wallace gone, they need him to start.

If we're going to go the RFA route, I'd prefer to see what Cruz is looking for, and if palatable, offer the Giants our second rounder in trade and see what happens. There's a chance the Giants would take it to avoid paying him or losing him for nothing next year. There's some resentment building over there.

AJ is that anyway to talk about that Welker buttboy/post padder Deus Irae.:D

I have Andy on ignore, and he knows it. Let him post all the silliness he wants.

I can't imagine the Steelers wouldn't match -- with Wallace gone, they need him to start.

If we're going to go the RFA route, I'd prefer to see what Cruz is looking for, and if palatable, offer the Giants our second rounder in trade and see what happens. There's a chance the Giants would take it to avoid paying him or losing him for nothing next year. There's some resentment building over there.

Cruz isnt going anywhere. He is one of the premier young receivers in the league. Giants aren't trading him and I suspect would to everything to match whatever offer sheet he receives.

I like your thinking on this, although I don't know how much fight the Steelers will put up due to their cap situation, and I don't see the Giants taking the lower pick. It wouldn't do any harm to inquire.

I like your thinking on this, although I don't know how much fight the Steelers will put up due to their cap situation, and I don't see the Giants taking the lower pick. It wouldn't do any harm to inquire.

No doubt Steelers are tight against the Cap, but another team would have to give Sanders a contract way above his past production, or the Steelers will have to be confident that they can sign a cheaper replacement -- I don't think the original-round tender is very much. I don't know who his agent is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were Cornrich, and this was a favor from Belichick.

Whether the Giants would take the lower pick depends on their plans for Cruz next year. They certainly can't franchise him, and Nicks will need a new contract. So if Coughlan has faith in Randle or another of their young WRs, I could see the Giants taking the pick and letting someone else pay him rather than have him for one more unhappy year and lose him for nothing.

So they're going to saddle Brady with the Caldwell bunch again this year?

Clearly FA is over and the draft is completed....:rolleyes: Man you can be intollerable at times.

And that statement is idiotic as Gronk and Ahern are not going to be confused for Watson and Graham any time soon. Lloyd is better than Caldwell and at this moment is still on the team. Amendola is better than any target Brady had in 2006....seriously get over it!

Clearly FA is over and the draft is completed....:rolleyes: Man you can be intollerable at times.

And that statement is even more idiotic as Gronk and Ahern are not going to be confused for Watson and Graham any time soon. Lloyd is better than Caldwell and at this moment is still on the team. Amendola is better than any target Brady had in 2006....seriously get over it!

Read the followup instead of getting your knickers in a twist:

While I don't think it's a "great buy-low move", because Jones has been totally underwhelming when I've seen him, I was referring more to the idea of the loss of the known receivers and the replacement with lessers/unknowns.

And neither Gronk nor Hernandez are WRs, so they are irrelevant to the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents