PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots signed former Bills WR Donald Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats sign WR Donald Jones

Read the followup instead of getting your knickers in a twist:

How is that relevant to my response to your post? I responded to the post quoted and did not bring up Jones. I kept my response appropriate to the time of your post and within the context of your post.

I can't imagine the Steelers wouldn't match -- with Wallace gone, they need him to start.

If we're going to go the RFA route, I'd prefer to see what Cruz is looking for, and if palatable, offer the Giants our second rounder in trade and see what happens. There's a chance the Giants would take it to avoid paying him or losing him for nothing next year. There's some resentment building over there.

Cruz would cost a first round pick and a massive contract. Sanders might be had for a moderate size contract and would be just a 3rd.

How is that relavant to my response to your post? I responded to the post quoted and did not bring up Jones.

Because what I posted was part of that whole discussion. What you posted was an ignorant response because you apparently hadn't read the entire line of posts.

Because what I posted was part of that whole discussion. What you posted was an ignorant response because you apparently hadn't read the entire line of posts.

Right.....debating with you is like debating with a wave constantly moving and the debate has to be within the guidelines you choose at all times.

By the way I edited/updated my post prior to reading this one....uncanny how I could anticipate your response....Nothing ignorant about it.....:cool:

Right.....debating with you is like debating with a wave constantly moving and the debate has to be within the guidelines you choose at all times.

By the way I edited/updated my post prior to reading this one....uncanny how I could anticipate your response....Nothing ignorant about it.....:cool:

It was either ignorant or stupid, depending upon whether you'd read the follow up. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, because you're generally a smart poster.

And you posted well after the entire line of that discussion had finished, so talking about "time and context" is just you trying to be that "wave".

2006 Patriots had
Lesser player - aging, declining Troy Brown
Unknowns - Caldwell, Kight, Gaffney, Gabriel, Jackson

If Lloyd is cut, Brady's looking at a repeat. It's a simple point to grasp, and one that's been made by many others, including guys like Zolak.

Cruz would cost a first round pick and a massive contract. Sanders might be had for a moderate size contract and would be just a 3rd.

He would cost a first if we signed him to an offer sheet the Giants failed to match. I would offer a 2nd in trade for a guy that the Giants could otherwise lose for nothing next year -- if, and only if, we can get him to agree to a palpable contract.

As far a Sanders goes, I can't imagine giving him enough money that Pittsburgh wouldn't match. He's done nothing to earn a big contract so far.

It was either ignorant or stupid, depending upon whether you'd read the follow up. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, because you're generally a smart poster.

And you posted well after the entire line of that discussion had finished, so talking about "time and context" is just you trying to be that "wave".

2006 Patriots had

If Lloyd is cut, Brady's looking at a repeat. It's a simple point to grasp, and one that's been made by many others.

It was your first post in this thread and it was the first time I opened this thread today and responded to it before reading further....why should I have to read further to see that you backed off that comment later on in the thread? You've been impatient about this issue since Wednesday, and taking shots at the FO when you know damn well that the receiving corps is not yet fully constructed for the 2013 season. And even if it were, what we have on the roster is light years better than anything we had in 2006. Amendola alone is better. That is my point, you can move the goal posts however you see fit, and I'm sure you will. But that comment in its context at the time of the day it was posted warranted that response. And would have been my response if I were reading it live and responding accordingly.

You at times can be one of the best posters on here and at other times the most obnoxious given your debate style. And I think more often than not you debate that way to get yourself a laugh out of the responses. I took a page from your book. However, I stand by the response. I'm sure you were speaking out of frustration stemming from being impatient with the front office, but nonetheless is was a foolish statement to make.

2006 Patriots had

If Lloyd is cut, Brady's looking at a repeat. It's a simple point to grasp, and one that's been made by many others.

Your act never changes. 35,000 posts telling everyone how "ignorant" or "stupid" they are. Or how that post wins "worst of the year." Go take your hostility into the court room if you actually are an attorney. The constant badgering is getting so old and tiring

He would cost a first if we signed him to an offer sheet the Giants failed to match. I would offer a 2nd in trade for a guy that the Giants could otherwise lose for nothing next year -- if, and only if, we can get him to agree to a palpable contract.

As far a Sanders goes, I can't imagine giving him enough money that Pittsburgh wouldn't match. He's done nothing to earn a big contract so far.

The Giants aren't going to lose him. They'll franchise him or sign him long term. There is really absolutely no reason for them to accept less than a 1st.

Anyways, back to Jones. The guy is a pretty mediocre route runner and his game is pretty much the complete opposite of Welker's. What I do like though is he can run a seam or go route and win 15-20 yards down field or make the big catch in zone and take the hit.

What Brady needs is another guy who can win 20 yards downfield with athleticism to compliment Hernandnez and Gronkowski underneath. This fills that role.

Your act never changes. 35,000 posts telling everyone how "ignorant" or "stupid" they are. Or how that post wins "worst of the year." Go take your hostility into the court room if you actually are an attorney. The constant badgering is getting so old and tiring

Ummm..... He attacked me, with a personal shot. I responded.

Thanks for your input, though.

I have Andy on ignore, and he knows it. Let him post all the silliness he wants.
It has to tear you up to pretend you have me on ignore so that you can not be accountable to me exposing your b.s. so therefore you cannot respond to it with more b.s. like you normally do.
Quite a quandry you have put yourself in.
By the way, don't fool yourself, everyone on this board knows your hollow pretend 'threat' to put someone on ignore is your lame way of trying to escape an argument you are losing badly, or a poster who exposes you.
So, everyone here knows you read all of my posts, and your tail between the legs posture doesn't really kid anyone into thinking you would have a retort.
It is amazing to me that you are not aware enough to know everyone on this board has you figured out.

The Giants aren't going to lose him. They'll franchise him or sign him long term. There is really absolutely no reason for them to accept less than a 1st.

Anyways, back to Jones. The guy is a pretty mediocre route runner and his game is pretty much the complete opposite of Welker's. What I do like though is he can run a seam or go route and win 15-20 yards down field or make the big catch in zone and take the hit.

What Brady needs is another guy who can win 20 yards downfield with athleticism to compliment Hernandnez and Gronkowski underneath. This fills that role.

I'll bet you a nickel that at this time next year Cruz is a former New York Giant. They've made it quite clear that their priority is getting Nicks signed long term. They won't spend that much on their #2 guy. While they may hold out for a 1st rounder, it wouldn't hurt to ask...especially if there's a guy Coughlin really likes in the draft.

It was your first post in this thread and it was the first time I opened this thread today and responded to it before reading further....why should I have to read further

Seriously? You seriously think this question makes any sense at all?

You at times can be one of the best posters on here and at other times the most obnoxious given your debate style. And I think more often than not you debate that way to get yourself a laugh out of the responses. I took a page from your book. However, I stand by the response. I'm sure you were speaking out of frustration stemming from being impatient with the front office, but nonetheless is was a foolish statement to make.

You jumped on me about a part of the conversation that I fleshed out in my follow up post, when you chould just have, you know, read the thread before posting. The post you're complaining about was made at 11:35 am. The follow up I made was posted at 11:55 am. Your post attacking mine wasn't posted until 12:58 pm, more than an hour later. You didn't bother actually reading the whole thread at all, or refreshing to see if any clarifications had been made, before you made your post, and you were completely obnoxious in your post to me, while complaining that my posts can be intolerable.

The irony of so many of you people who come at me is that you do precisely what you accuse me of doing. Both you and Borg have demonstrated that in this very thread.

Why does Donald Jones look so much like Reche Caldwell?

i-23148d4ba3d04d02fc671f27b0624ff2-marty_feldman.jpg

Bugeyes.jpg

138328884_crop_exact.jpg

Seriously? You seriously think this question makes any sense at all?

You jumped on me about a part of the conversation that I fleshed out in my follow up post, when you chould just have, you know, read the thread before posting. The post you're complaining about was made at 11:35 am. The follow up I made was posted at 11:55 am. Your post attacking mine wasn't posted until 12:58 pm, more than an hour later. You didn't bother actually reading the whole thread at all, or refreshing to see if any clarifications had been made, before you made your post, and you were completely obnoxious in your post to me, while complaining that my posts can be intolerable.

The irony of so many of you people who come at me is that you do precisely what you accuse me of doing. Both you and Borg have demonstrated that in this very thread.

I thought you was funny but Deus what are you a serial/stalker poster??:confused::D

Is that who I think it is???

Yeah.

That's him!!

Just in case this hasn't already been posted 30 or 40 times in this Thread...

wilfork-hit-9-30-12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick