PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign WR Chris Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, his nickname is "7-11" because he always seems to be open. Hopefully that continues here.

The return game is more than likely why the team is sniffing around Cunningham. Amendola's cap hit is too high for what he's given the team, minus the 2014 playoffs. And he's injury prone. Further, there's still a draft coming where the team could address the returner situation as well.

yes, his cap hit is too high, but the pats are in the position of only having to tap it if they need to ....... the contract as is is not holding anything up ...... visiting his contract after the draft or later serves the pats better then right now in the heat of the FA moment....especially since the pats are relatively inactive....no reason to let it sit for now as that works for them

Seems a little high for Hogan, but BB certainly has intimate knowledge of him and has seen him play game situations against Patriots, so they may know something about his route running that is more appealing to them. I also like the versatility that he can apparently play both slot and outside.

I am also with those who think we should try to keep Amendola, although with a slightly reduced cap number. He really has been clutch for us at critical times, and his punt return value makes him a versatile peg. That slot position is so critical to this offense that I would hate to have it all riding on Edelman. The Amendola/ Edelman combo is very solid depth in my view. Hogan could be an emergency slot back-up but hopefully play more outside.
Sanu got 7 mill for about the same production, Matthews got 5 mill for about the same production. 4 mill seems like a bargain for a FA WR of his caliber in 2016.

IDK about this contract. An average of 4M for year seems like a lot and is just a hair under what Edelman makes, Looking at some vids at him trying to get a feel for him

His positive points are his quickness which while not lightning quick is pretty good and he seems to have good hands and body control for his size. He can play outside a bit but his straight line speed is meh.

Overall a poor man's Edelman. A player I would like to have but I think that we sign him for less than 4M a year. He looks like a 2M a year player to me.

Actually I had to take down a vid i used cause it was just a fan channel i think. However search "wired for sound Chris Hogan" on youtube and you will find it.

Last edited:
Jones- 1 season of more than 50 catches ($8m per)
Sanu- 1 season of more than 50 catches ($7.5m per)
Benjamin- 1 season of more than 20 catches ($6m per)
Matthews- 0 seasons of more than 40 catches ($5m per.. choose Tennessee because he didn't want to be the 4th option in NE)
Kearse- 1 season of more than 40 catches ($4.5m per. seems like he wanted to stay in Seattle)

I'm starting to think Deus is right re: Patriots fans valuations of players.

Overall a poor man's Edelman. A player I would like to have but I think that we sign him for less than 4M a year. He looks like a 2M a year player to me.
There aren't a lot of $2M players who are any good any more. It's not realistic to compare his salary to Edelman because we got him at a crazy bargain.

4m a year seems like it's too much but you overpay so the bills won't match the offer. reading the bills forum they seem to not care much about hogan. dont blame them when they have sammy watkins and robert woods..

i feel like belichick undervalued the current market. we really should of kept lafell at 3m a year. a relative bargain compared to chris freaking hogan.

There aren't a lot of $2M players who are any good any more. It's not realistic to compare his salary to Edelman because we got him at a crazy bargain.

By this logic Rogers is a 13m QB, Russel Wilson is a 8m QB, PM was a 3m QB...

Isn't that close to what Kearse got?

It's a million more a year than JE11 makes, right? Kraft should send Jules a thank you note.

Sanu would pick up where LaFell left off.......I would have preferred to keep LaFell for less money

How can you make this claim in light of other recently-signed contracts at the position?

I am just giving my impression and i know WRs are being crazily over paid right now. Maybe up it to 2.5M but I don't see anything to suggest he should get another above #3 WR money. I see a #3 WR as getting about 2M a year. Maybe he will be better for us than he looked to me just now but that is my first impression.

Humber, Hogan, whos the next H....

3 cone 6.75 at his Pro Day. Lax attack man. BB knows lax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back