PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign Ty Montgomery

Solid special teamer and backup WR.

Could be TC fodder or a diamond in the rough. Stay tuned folks..

I liked him in GB. He could be this year's Hogan for us . Hopefully couple of productive years from him.

Yeah, should fall short. Korte says $2M alone won't make him qualify, and I'd say he's unlikely to get much (if any) playing time boost. Snap count doesn't come into play with the comp pick calculation until 25%, and Bolden only played 31% of the offensive snaps last season even with White out for about 87% of the season.
So we lost JAckson, Karrras and Bolden and signed Montgomery. I'm assuming Ty offsets Karras or Bolden and Jackson still nets a 3rd round comp pick next year....

So we lost JAckson, Karrras and Bolden and signed Montgomery. I'm assuming Ty offsets Karras or Bolden and Jackson still nets a 3rd round comp pick next year....
If the contract is as reported, he won't cost a comp pick.

Overthecap.com is tracking this. As @50-yard-line notes, Montgomery isn’t counting. Currently projecting a 3rd for Jackson and a 6th for Karras. And Bolden’s contract is possibly too low to count as well (details pending).
Compensatory Picks | Over the Cap

James White insurance and Brandon Bolden replacement. A wide receiver who can also play running back. He was not a natural running back, but played their in Green Bay because of desperation, and did ok at that role.

Dude absolutely ****ing Sucks now… He ****ing disobeyed ****ing orders and fumbled his way out of GB… then couldn’t even ****ing stick with the ****ING JETE.

Talent out; Garbage in…

AFC’s 5 Worst Teams for 2022:
Jags
Texans
Jete
LOLphins
Patsies.

Book it.

Dude absolutely ****ing Sucks now… He ****ing disobeyed ****ing orders and fumbled his way out of GB… then couldn’t even ****ing stick with the ****ING JETE.

Talent out; Garbage in…

AFC’s 5 Worst Teams for 2022:
Jags
Texans
Jete
LOLphins
Patsies.

Book it.

I was feeling a little bit pessimistic about the Patriots chances but after seeing your post, I am bullish on their 2022 prospects now. Thanks!

I actually watched quite a few of his games with the packers. Their running backs weren't getting it done so they tried wr Montgomery, who lobbied for it, and he was immediately their best option. He ran hard and caught the ball out of the backfield really well. I can't remember how well he pass protected, but from what I remember I see him as a slight upgrade over Bolden. But with our crowded backfield, I do not necessarily see him as a roster lock.

This dude hasn't surpassed 200 total yards or scored a TD since 2018. He had one decent season, way back in 2016.

I hated this guy in GB. He sucks. Packers didn't know what to do with him and were desperate at RB so they threw him in there as a converted WR.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back