PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Landon Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not adding a D-lineman. They are replacing one d-lineman with another. They have the exact same number of d-linemen on the roster that they had last week.

They have been adding D-linemen since Brace went down

I am operating under the assumption that they would not be signing D-linemen IF Brace, Pryor or Wright were playing.

Make sense?

Last edited:
Can Connelly play on the D-line?

LOL.

They have been adding D-linemen since Brace went down

I am operating under the assumption that they would not be signing D-linemen IF Brace, Pryor or Wright were playing.

Make sense?

Not really. You seem to be exaggerating it a bit.

They added Eric Moore when they waived Pierre Woods on December 3rd, but Moore is a hybrid who doesn't really replace Brace, Pryor, or Wright. He plays a lot of DE in sub packages. He was more of a replacement for Woods than any of the missing DT/DEs.

They added Leonard last week and cut him yesterday. They replaced him with Cohen. They added Washington to the PS in early November.

Those are the only additions of d-linemen in the last two months. It isn't like they added 2-3 position for d-linemen on the 53 man roster. All three guys are not going to come back at once, but if one or two guys are planning to come back this week it doesn't mean that they are not going to keep depth on that spot on the roster especially since there has been injuries and he likes to rotate guys.

Last edited:
26 tackles in 22 games? Not bad for a DL, especially one who only started 4 games. Hope he can see the field before he's released lol...

Leonard is cut; Cohen is signed. I don't see the big deal. And maybe, just maybe, Cohen will still be on the squad for the playoffs, or not.

The signing of Cohen does not speak to the real question: the health of Wright, Pryor, Brace, and Deaderick. As of now, Love is our NT for Sunday. Warren and Wilfork are our 3-4 DE's. The rest are questionable at best.

I'm kind of curious as to why the Pats keep signing players off the street rather than promoting players from the Practice Squad.

If guys like Cohen and Leonard are a better choice than Lorenzo Washington, shouldn't they take Washington's place on the PS?

Players signed off the street are temporary stopgaps, until we get the linemen back.

Players on the PS are long term projects. If they get elevated to the squad, odds are high they are there to stay because of the time invested in them.

Jewish Guy?

Related to Patjew?

If he is Jewish at least when he says "I will get the quarter back"...he means it :)

Not really. You seem to be exaggerating it a bit.

They added Eric Moore when they waived Pierre Woods on December 3rd, but Moore is a hybrid who doesn't really replace Brace, Pryor, or Wright. He plays a lot of DE in sub packages. He was more of a replacement for Woods than any of the missing DT/DEs.

They added Leonard last week and cut him yesterday. They replaced him with Cohen. They added Washington to the PS in early November.

Those are the only additions of d-linemen in the last two months. It isn't like they added 2-3 position for d-linemen on the 53 man roster. All three guys are not going to come back at once, but if one or two guys are planning to come back this week it doesn't mean that they are not going to keep depth on that spot on the roster especially since there has been injuries and he likes to rotate guys.

Since my post Brace made practice. That is a good sign. With that said, I don't see an exaggeration with anything I have said.

At the end of the day, the team is still down Wright and Pryor. BB has made 4 transactions (including Love) on the D-line since early November to add line depth because they are thin at the position.

Last edited:
What transaction was Love involved in since November.

Since my post Brace made practice. That is a good sign. With that said, I don't see an exaggeration with anything I have said.

At the end of the day, the team is still down Wright and Pryor. BB has made 4 transactions (including Love) on the D-line since early November to add line depth because they are thin at the position.

What transaction was Love involved in since November.

My bad. I went back and looked. Hes been mostly on the inactive list with some spot play early in the season but with the injuries on the line, has played a decent amount since Pryor & Wright went down.

So, not a transaction but just hasn't needed to play until a few games ago.

Jewish Guy?

Related to Patjew?

If he is Jewish at least when he says "I will get the quarter back"...he means it :)

Come on man. It's 2010. And no, when he gets to the QB, they are not Goldman-Sacks.

I will note, however, that being a Cohen, he is the go-to guy for Edelman to buy back his first-born son from service to the priesthood for a token monetary sum.

He will also be capable of explaining that Ben Jarvus Green Ellis, in Hebrew, means "Son of Jarvis Green" Ellis, bringing a little levitical levity to the locker room.

Finally, I would like to note that we cut a Leonard and we signed a Cohen. How this could escape our collective attention is beyond me.

YouTube - Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

I'll also make note that Landon is the astronaut on Planet of the Apes to whom Charlton Heston says, "You got what you wanted, tiger. How does it taste?"

When I read the title of this thread just now, it registered in my brain as "Patriots Sign Linda Cohn"

Reminded me of this famous musician.
cover16_lg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh9AC0jCGjY

Last edited:

There were the three transactions I listed and one of those transactions (Eric Moore) had nothing to do with Pryor, Brace, or Wright. Moore wasn't a stopgap either considering the Pats paid the UFL $25k to get him (or Moore paid it). The other two transactions were for the same roster spot.

There were the three transactions I listed and one of those transactions (Eric Moore) had nothing to do with Pryor, Brace, or Wright. Moore wasn't a stopgap either considering the Pats paid the UFL $25k to get him (or Moore paid it). The other two transactions were for the same roster spot.

Understood, Rob but my earlier point was that BB is being very finite with this particular position and the subsequent roster moves to add depth because players aren't making it back- except Brace which is outstanding.

I agree that the Moore move is fallout from the Crable/Woods experiment.

Cohen, Edelman...8 more and Bob Kraft can have a minion after Friday's practice. The very thin book of Jewish football players is filling up. ;)

Miami had two Jewish quarterbacks on the roster in one season. I was convinced it was all about gate receipts, and predicted that Julian Edelman would eventually be wearing aqua and that other unmanly team color of theirs. Orange? Whatever.

Tribe watch: Aaron Kampmann. Landsman or not?

Cohen, Edelman...8 more and Bob Kraft can have a minion after Friday's practice. The very thin book of Jewish football players is filling up. ;)

I know his last name sounds Jewish...but he doesn't look Jewish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back