PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfork and Carter are playing great, we just need one player to step up so we have a 4 man D-line of 3 very good players and 1 JAG.

outside of a few plays against the cowboys, he's been nearly invisible......

the giant is still asleep

It is amazing how some who have followed this team for a while still don't get the obvious needs of running a pro team. Shall I just say better to die a lion than to live like a lamb - I think that applies the best.

I would have liked to see Albert get it ... but let's face it - his love of football was gone a few years ago and all the signs pointing to that were there.

Just because someone is a great athlete does not mean they have the desire to play at a high level until they cannot anymore. Albert threw in the towel and he knew what the result would be. At least he waited till players came back that would replace him - let's give him credit for that.

BB will tolerate someone who isnt "as talented" but is playing hard...from all accounts, Haynesworth wasnt even trying on some plays. that sort of attitude can be a cancer and spread through the locker-room.

maybe Ocho isnt working out thus far, but maybe he is working hard and trying to get it..BB wont cut a guy like that.

we saw the same thing last year where Moss stopped trying and BB cut him.

AH may have talent to be a good lineman..but he is a lazy lazy SOB. if hes not going to try, give his spot to young players who WANT to give the effort

Its the end of an error.

Yes, let's cut our best punt returner/kick returner because the front 7 on the kick return team can't block the opponents guys well enough to open a hole so our return men can get beyond the 20 yard line.

As for cutting Brown, that is something we agree on..

I thought he was our best kick returner also, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. I'm all for trying someone else back there.

As far as his punt returning skills, he was part of the reason we had such bad field position last week. How many times do you have to catch the ball at or beyond your own 10-yard line, plus he takes so many risks on the returns. I almost knew he was going to fumble one.

That plus, his bad judgement a week earlier. I know he hasn't been convicted, but who cares. Set an example.

...That plus, his bad judgement a week earlier. I know he hasn't been convicted, but who cares. Set an example.

You were doing fine right up to this point.

Ah **** it...let's move on and hope that this sends a very clear message to the entire locker room.

Belichick has ******* lost it. Even if we were to go back to the 3-4, havent we lost the two good defensive ends opposite of Wilfork?
Fat Albert only cost a Fifth round pick, he didn't work out but the cost wasn't much either.

How on earth did it look like he gave up?
He tanked it sort of like a boxer throwing a fight. He Let himself be pancaked.

Not going to read the bazillion posts about this but it is really, really starting to look like BB does not know what he is doing because he keeps signing/trading players that are complete and utter busts.

At least the team bus will save on gas.

Wow.

Beyond the short-term impact of another odd decision that only weakens an already weak defense:
The Patriots are really building a history of releasing veteran free agents quickly. You release Albert Haynesworth, Leigh Bodden, Joey Galloway, Derrick Burgess shortly after signing them, you raise a question in future free agents minds. Why should I sign with New England? They have a high failure rate. Whether it's a complex offense and defense that takes a while to succeed in, or they are too reactionary, my chances are better elsewhere.

Is the goal to build a winning team, or to build a submissive staff?

A disappointing season.

In my opinion this is the best post in the thread. At some point in the immediate future Mr. Kraft will need to address how Belichick's leadership is affecting the New England Patriots actual brand image versus its desired brand identity.

What has the "Patriot Way" become to mean in the minds of NFL players?

If in the past few years very talented footbal players have come and gone through the Belichick process with several getting washed out, should Kraft begin to query whether NFL talent will percieve Belichick as a career killer?

Does this new "Patriot Way" positively or negatively affect the brand?

Perception is reality.

Here are some careers that came crashing down after working with Belichick. (I know injuries played a role in some but that will not matter in the minds of players)

Randy Moss
Adalius Thomas
Fred Taylor
Leigh Bodden
Joey Galloway
Derrick Burgess
Torry Holt
Albert Haynesworth
Chad Ochocinco

Is Belichick really that good at exposing finished careers or is something wrong with his ability to lead?

At what point will Kraft begin to question the common denominator?

Jodee

I thought he played pretty well. He had an excellent bull rush and then poof, he was gone, never to be seen again. Clearly from all the sacks and pressures by the front four, hanesworht was not needed....

Has BB become to smart for his own good? Has his "I'll show you how smart I am and build a team on the cheap" philosophy starting to really hurt the team?

The number of failed personnel, in the immortal words of Douglas Neidemeyer, are:

"So numerous and disgusting that decorum prohibits mentioning them here"

Maybe, just maybe, it is time to start drafting up instead of trading down, maybe make fewer picks on better players and in positions that you have an actual need in. I cried when I watch Robert Quinn drop all they way to 11 on draft day, right there for the taking a quick move up a few spots, and whola, somebody in the front seven that has to be accounted for.

I had high hopes for Hanesworth, but for some reason, he didn't get any playing time. The times he was on the field I thought he was playing hard. Clearly, outside of Wilfork, the front seven is a bunch of JAGS, at best.

This year is already done, but we are getting to the end of the Brady era, and just maybe, BB should construct a defense, that can hold Chad Henne under 20 points, and every once in a while, actually not let the other team march down the field at the end of a game......

Think about it, how many of the Pat's defensive players would start for the Jets, Ravens, or Steelers? Vince, certainly, maybe Spikes (if healthy), Mayo seems to be a shadow of himself, other than that, nobody.

No playmakers, no difference makers = no chance to win in the playoffs.

It is so exciting be a Pats fan this year. You never know what a week will bring. Watch your back Brady.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes