PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It's Official. Broncos to Release Russel Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Steelers make a lot of sense for Wilson. That's where I expect him to land

You've got to be pretty toxic for a team to take a record $85M cap hit to get rid of you.

You've got to be pretty toxic for a team to take a record $85M cap hit to get rid of you.
They sucked before he got there, they will suck without him.. they just didn't get the version of him they saw in Seattle for so long.. they traded for him while was injured with a career threatening injury in 2022.. injury slowed russ not his abilities.. anyhow he's walking to the bank!

They sucked before he got there, they will suck without him.. they just didn't get the version of him they saw in Seattle for so long.. they traded for him while was injured with a career threatening injury in 2022.. injury slowed russ not his abilities.. anyhow he's walking to the bank!
The worst contract in NFL history by far. This is a fireable offense.

Agreed with this. The offensive line is the most important area to improve right now. We are NOT a quarterback away. We have holes on both the line and at linebacker that are priorities over getting a shiny new toy under center.

This is actually one of the reasons I really want to see Brissett back if we don't just wanna roll with Zappe. he's not a skilled quarterback but every organization that has had him has praised his grit and attitude. he's a good game manager. He limits mistakes. He can't take a game over but he earns the respect of the players around him. he's basically what Brian Hoyer was a decade ago -- a good stopgap. and I trust Brissett to mentor a young QB over most of the rest of the options that are out there.

with Brissett and Zappe we won't have a flashy QB room but we will have a professional one at least. If we can strengthen our line and live on the ground game we might even win a few. It would be a good stepping stone to where we really need to be.
F'ing.

CALLED

IT.

Also I'm gonna double down and say I really hope we draft a linebacker in the first round. Quarterback be damned, we need a Bruschi more than we need a Brady right now.

Moderator Edit: Russell Wilson has been signed by the Steelers.
That news created a new thread, which can be found below; please post further comments on the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back