PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' obituary ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Un-Drafted Free Agent (UDFA) next to Lonie Paxton too! Look for the Pats to be unusually active in the UDFA market this year. In the past they have been selective (and cheap) signing only a handfull, inviting a bunch on a tryout basis, and not paying much in signing bonuses to the UDFA.

However, the Patriots have a great reputation of giving UDFA a shot at making the team and even starting (Gay, Neal, Vinatieri, Paxton). They also have a good reputation of developing players from their Practice Squad (Ashworth, Gorin, Mruczkowski)

Much of what Crennel said wasn't bad, although I didn't like the "Their reign is already over" line. He needs to worry more about his team than yacking about ours.

well...Lets NOT forget......

Fogbuster said:
"As we like to say around here in NE, we're not so much looking to collect talent but rather to create a team." -- BB

Now that other teams are full monty trying to copy-cat the BB/SP modus, it starts to get very interesting. RAC and other BB proteges will certainly try to use the same methods. Competition is rising. But if BB has the goods, he will deliver. A lot depends on the fire in his belly.

A Patriot dynasty is OK with me.

------------------

Lets not forget that RAC was a HUGE part of our Dynasty here in New England....and that he had a big role in it. It was Belichick, Weis, Crennel and Pioli......THAT was the braintrust....now that Crennel and Weis are gone....the question is CAN BB/SP function on their own to get the job done (because we know that their OC and DC are "green" and are not the seasoned "geniuses" at their respective fields....that Weis and Crennel are/were.

I always loved Crennel....brilliant, brilliant defensive mind.......Weis drove me nuts sometimes....but NOW looking back......I MISS THIS GUY terribly....he was a genius........the true test lies ahead for BB/SP as to whether they can get it done.....with out the other two "Beatles"...so far it hasn't looked too promising........One man's opinion......

stcjones said:
Lets not forget that RAC was a HUGE part of our Dynasty here in New England....and that he had a big role in it. It was Belichick, Weis, Crennel and Pioli......THAT was the braintrust....now that Crennel and Weis are gone....the question is CAN BB/SP function on their own to get the job done (because we know that their OC and DC are "green" and are not the seasoned "geniuses" at their respective fields....that Weis and Crennel are/were.

I always loved Crennel....brilliant, brilliant defensive mind.......Weis drove me nuts sometimes....but NOW looking back......I MISS THIS GUY terribly....he was a genius........the true test lies ahead for BB/SP as to whether they can get it done.....with out the other two "Beatles"...so far it hasn't looked too promising........One man's opinion......

Agreed. Romeo took a big burden from BB's shoulders. RAC can talk with players, give 'em the tips and tricks they need to know to get their job done, and the players buy it. A big loss there, and now with Mangini following in his footsteps. Cashing in on success is certainly a test for the successful creator, which is the Kraft-Belichick-Pioli trinity right now. Interesting to see what they've got left in the tank. Are they spoiled with success, or hungry for more.

---------------

cubedoggy said:
Actually, the article (by the lately-ubiquitous John Tomase) is entitled "Have the Best Days Gone By?"

Let it be stated for the record that the only person to dub it a "Patriots' obituary" is Mikey, the starter of this thread, who also happens to be a slimy troll.

Ya think...that's his game in the PF...good ole gloom and doom Mikey.
If someone prints it...and Google links it...then it must be true.

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
Ya think...that's his game in the PF...good ole gloom and doom Mikey.
If someone prints it...and Google links it...then it must be true.

Yup, and, as usual, he won't directly respond to the criticism. He'll sit there Googling until he comes up with more "the Pats are doomed" tripe.

Mikey=Borges.

Last edited:
stcjones said:

Dang, what do you want for nothing? With two green coordinators and a handful or dozen of injuries, this club made it to the divisional round before they imploded. I have great expectations for Dean Pees as DC and McDaniels will do better once he gets enough confidence to rein Tommy in when he starts trying to do too much.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
hahaha. I was just a little tired last night and made a slip-up.

But my point is that since for the Pats it has always been about the success of our draft, why should BB change now? (especially with Sey and Branch on the horizon)

I remember quite clearly the "NT hole" that one year, that wasn't gone until we traded for Ted Washington for a 4th. I also remember the huge controversy on who would play C after Woody.

I think we will get an OLB in the 1st just because of how good a LB year it is. On offense, I think most of our sets are going to have Branch, Graham, Watson in it, with Caldwell as possibily the deep threat. I think our WR bench will be composed of Troy Brown and the rookie WRs. And as far as kicker, with 11 picks, I'll lay money that we draft one, sign another 2, and see how camp goes. Worse comes to worse, we could wait for a young kicker to get released (like that young kicker behind Stover of the Ravens).

I'm holding out for Olinda Mare... BB needs to pay back Saban for what he did to the kid from Navy.

Mark Morse said:
In the past they have been selective (and cheap) signing only a handfull, inviting a bunch on a tryout basis, and not paying much in signing bonuses to the UDFA.
Cheap??? Selective?? I believe there are rules for roster size...I think they have signed UDFAs wisely..and trying out is a way to actually get MORE UDFAs in..not sure how selective they are compared to other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call