PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Malcolm Mitchell Suffers Arm Injury vs Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love this kid's game, but missing a month will definitely make it tough for him to make the impact this year we were starting to envision from him. Here's to hoping he can beat the odds.

So lucky. He looked really good tonight. I like where he fits in the offense. Get well kid!

I absolutely love this kid's game, but missing a month will definitely make it tough for him to make the impact this year we were starting to envision from him. Here's to hoping he can beat the odds.
If anything, at the very least he got to have a bit of a showcase for his skills right before he got hurt.

Very good. No way he goes on IR if just 4 weeks.

Like I posted in another thread, back in his rookie year, iirc, Slater dislocated his elbow and was back in 2 weeks, I believe. Nothing says this kid can't make the same sort of recovery. Hopefully PUP is the worst-case scenario.

Like I posted in another thread, back in his rookie year, iirc, Slater dislocated his elbow and was back in 2 weeks, I believe. Nothing says this kid can't make the same sort of recovery. Hopefully PUP is the worst-case scenario.

I agree with your thoughts, although PUP is no longer an option since he has already practiced this season.

Very good. No way he goes on IR if just 4 weeks.

Yep. One would have to think that he was already a lock to make the team, and if it's really not that bad of an injury he'll have some marked progress for Belichick and the coaches to see prior to the final decision on the 53. Either way, at this current point in time, it may appear as though he'd only miss a couple of games, at worst. Unfortunately, we've seen these early diagnoses change, and there reportedly is a scheduled MRI tomorrow. Hopefully, it only confirms what we think tonight.

How many wrs will make the 53 roster? Can dobson be in trouble?

Oh, hell yes--Dobson may be in trouble. One can make an argument that he's actually been on borrowed time for quite awhile now. Some expected him to be cut last summer.

WR (not counting Slater)

1) Edelman
2) Amendola
3) Hogan
4) Mitchell

All of these are pretty much locks to make the 53 man roster.

That only leaves one spot for guys like Dobson, Martin, Harper, Washington, etc to battle it out, and Martin not only made Dobson a healthy scratch last season, but he also plays on STs.

Last edited:
well, Dobson looked pretty good tonight...like an actual seasoned pro WR..and I was looking to hate on him. I'm sick about Mitchell. Love this guy. He has 1st round talent just like they said. Weird things seem toi follow him around though...a dislocated elbow? jeez....

Deer antler spray should do the trick right? Perhaps a little HGH? I know a couple of folks who may be able to help.

Sucks we keep losing players like Mitchell and Nink to injuries, glad they should both be back by week 1 or 2 of the regular season. Thankful none were season ending...

I bet he's back practicing sooner.

He's better than Dobson.

Dodged a huge bullet.

The fact that they're saying Mitchell could only miss fit four weeks doesn't bode well for Dobson. I think he's cut unless the team experiences a major injury at the position to one of the presumed locks.

Edelman
Amendola
Mitchell
Hogan
Martin
Slater

Dobson's best hope is overtaking Keshawn Martin.

Pheww...don't want to see him on the IR...keep him on the roster because before he got hurt..he looked VERY good. Catch radius..hands..moves ect

One thing I think works in Mitchell's favor with missing time (and there is more than one) is the fact that his route tree is a bit different than that of an Edelman and Amendola type. He'll be more of an outside the numbers guy, that LaFell role. And in this offense that's not as intricate as that middle area that Brady particularly likes. He shouldn't be so far behind the curve that he can't catch up if he truly gets back in those first few weeks. And everything I've read and heard paints him as a film junkie and I hear he's always in his playbook. Oh, and they say he's been extremely confident. So all signs point to he'll be a contributor sooner rather than later.

I was really impressed with what I saw of Mitchell. It was strange because even though he's three inches shorter he reminded me of Randy More in terms of the way he carried himself on the field. I'm not saying he has the same game but his body langue looked just like Moss.

I think he looks like the most promising rookie WR the Pats have had since Edelman. I'm surprised by how quickly he's progressed. Four weeks is pretty good news. He'll still be back for the beginning of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents