Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman
Amendola
Mitchell
Hogan
Martin
Slater

Dobson's best hope is overtaking Keshawn Martin.

This looks right to me.

I have a feeling MM will be fine by Week 1 which is 4 weeks anyway. I bet he'll be practicing before then full speed.

The fact that Dobson is of no value in the KR/PR game will seal his fate.

Maybe they can get a 6th or 7th rounder for him....

Mitchell timeline:
September 8- 4 weeks

September 11 opener- 4 weeks and 3 days

September 22- his debut, if I had to guess. 6 weeks out.

I was really impressed with what I saw of Mitchell. It was strange because even though he's three inches shorter he reminded me of Randy More in terms of the way he carried himself on the field. I'm not saying he has the same game but his body langue looked just like Moss.
Zo kept saying the same thing with the Moss stuff, particularly because Mitchell wears his pads high like Moss did. Zo mentioned the two names in the same sentence at least a half dozen times.

Zo kept saying the same thing with the Moss stuff, particularly because Mitchell wears his pads high like did. Zo mentioned the two names in the same sentence at least a half dozen times.

Maybe that's what it was. Whatever it was I was impressed with his game, I think they hit a home run with this pick.

Maybe that's what it was. Whatever it was I was impressed with his game, I think they hit a home run with this pick.
I'll do you one better. I think they might have hit a homerun overall with the whole draft. All the young guys, including Valentine, look promising. I'm not trying to get too far ahead of myself here, but I like what I see. Take our #1 and we still come out cleanly, NYJFL.

I missed the second half but look forward to watching it later, good news though.

I missed the second half but look forward to watching it later, good news though.
Yeah, I've been looking for it on my normal sites, but it doesn't appear it's been posted yet.

Dobson needs to show more in this preseason. 3 for 27's not much.

Dobson needs to show more in this preseason. 3 for 27's not much.
I don't know what he can do to make the roster without one of the seeming locks getting badly injured.

Like I said Martin is the only guy he could seriously compete with but I've had the impression that the Pats really like Martin and are inclined to hold onto him.

I don't know what he can do to make the roster without one of the seeming locks getting badly injured.

Like I said Martin is the only guy he could seriously compete with but I've had the impression that the Pats really like Martin and are inclined to hold onto him.

Well dobson has had chances. Look's like it will finally come to an end. Which players do you see in the d-line and defensive backs not making the 53?

Zo kept saying the same thing with the Moss stuff, particularly because Mitchell wears his pads high like Moss did. Zo mentioned the two names in the same sentence at least a half dozen times.
That was what made me think of Randy, plus the guy looks far longer than his listed 6 1 on the field.

Well dobson has had chances. Look's like it will finally come to an end. Which players do you see in the d-line and defensive backs not making the 53?
Vellano didn't look to good outside of a nice push prior to blocking that kick. I'd imagine he's one of the ones to go.

That was what made me think of Randy, plus the guy looks far longer than his listed 6 1 on the field.

Vellano didn't look to good outside of a nice push prior to blocking that kick. I'd imagine he's one of the ones to go.
I honestly didn't even know Vellano was on the roster.

I honestly didn't even know Vellano was on the roster.

Pretty sure it was him, no 70 iirc. I may have been in midseason GameDay drinking form last night, but I'm pretty sure he was out there.

This kid looked really good before he got hurt. FWIW Slater dislocated his elbow in his second season and only missed two games.

Fingers crossed for good news from his mri. I believe the swelling needs to subside so they can get an "accurate picture" of what damage was done.

The kid's ceiling is WR2 across Edelman come playoff time so great news. With Gronk/Jules/Bennett/Dion out there the WR2 will be facing a team's 3rd and 4th CB. Not out of the realm of possibility that Mitchell or Hogan could be an impact player in a big game. Seattle and Arizona's 3rd CBs are particularly poor.

Pretty sure it was him, no 70 iirc. I may have been in midseason GameDay drinking form last night, but I'm pretty sure he was out there.
It was him. He's on the roster. I just didn't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents