PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Malcolm Mitchell Suffers Arm Injury vs Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell should be back for game 1. The only thing that might prevent this from happening is if the MRI shows significant nerve/ligament damage.

Another possible concern is that it's possible that he might not get full range of motion back 100% for some time.

Mitchell should be back for game 1. The only thing that might prevent this from happening is if the MRI shows significant nerve/ligament damage.

Another possible concern is that it's possible that he might not get full range of motion back 100% for some time.
I'm not a doctor, nor am I necessarily disagreeing with your prognosis. I just don't know enough about the injury. I just don't feel like we'll see him in week 1.

I'm not a doctor, nor am I necessarily disagreeing with your prognosis. I just don't know enough about the injury. I just don't feel like we'll see him in week 1.
I am not a MD but I am a chiropractor and have a clinic which employs a few physical therapists.

Asked two of them about a simple dislocation such as this and the feedback is that quick rehab (2-3 weeks) is likely provided no significant nerve or ligament damage has occurred. In this case, their biggest concern is Mitchell being able to return with full range of motion and extension (due to soft tissue calcification/scar tissue).

I am not a MD but I am a chiropractor and have a clinic which employs a few physical therapists.

Asked two of them about a simple dislocation such as this and the feedback is that quick rehab (2-3 weeks) is likely provided no significant nerve or ligament damage has occurred. In this case, their biggest concern is Mitchell being able to return with full range of motion and extension (due to soft tissue calcification/scar tissue).
God, man, you should know that informed good news about injuries to NE players is seldom well-received around here. Many would be more satisfied to learn that Mitchell is facing amputation of his arm. Smarten up.;)

Pop off the screen is one thing, but I'll take the guy who has a strong chemistry with Brady, knows where he's supposed to be all the time and makes crucial plays almost every time the team needs it over the two other largely unproven guys any day of the week. No disrespect to you, Digital, but I hate how Amendola is so under appreciated by so many because he isn't flashy. He gets it done. He was the MVP of the 2014 playoffs as far as I'm concerned. And as much as we applaud Brady for still having a great statistical season in 2015 while missing everyone, that would not have happened without Amendola. LaFell did squat, Chandler did squat (for understandable reasons), White came on extremely later in the season. It was Amendola and Gronk holding things down for our QB. He may not pop or put up crazy numbers, but he certainly deserves more credit for what he brings to this team.

I was not trying to say DA does not do quality things for the team and does not have important snaps cause he does but he is not a guy I typically look for to break open a game and i think Hogan/Edelman/Mitchell can. It doesn't mean Amendola has no value and he is in fact very valuable and will probably be so if all stay healthy for the rest of the year and particularly iff they don't. You need that good 4th option cause rarely is everyone healthy all the time.

I do agree some people here don't value him as much as they should. Maybe you value him more than me. If you do all i can say is this.... How dare you have a opinion different than me? What gives you the right to question me! You think this is a message board or something were people share their different thoughts to try to learn more and understand different points to view to perhaps increase their own knowledge? Well I never... ;)

Last edited:
I was not trying to say DA does not do quality things for the team and does not have important snaps cause he does but he is not a guy I typically look for to break open a game and i think Hogan/Edelman/Mitchell can. It doesn't mean Amendola has no value and he is in fact very valuable and will probably be so if all stay healthy for the rest of the year and particularly iff they don't. You need that good 4th option cause rarely is everyone healthy all the time.

I do agree some people here don't value him as much as they should. Maybe you value him more than me. If you do all i can say is this.... How dare you have a opinion different than me? What gives you the right to question me! You think this is a message board or something were people share their different thoughts to try to learn more and understand different points to view to perhaps increase their own knowledge? Well I never... ;)
Of course it is and that's why I said I meant you no disrespect. If everyone saw everything the same, it'd be pretty boring. I don't know why some take it as a personal slight and get so defensive when you disagree with a point they've made (and you can tell in the response most times), even in a respectful way (not saying this is you). Anyway, I do value Amendola a bit more than most perhaps, but that's because we live in a world where a player's worth seems to be based on what they do statistically or if they're flashy (one sometimes inaccurate and the other incredibly superficial), and I think this is what Amendola has fallen victim to unfortunately. But anyone who truly understands the game and what team building is really all about knows his value...his true value.

I'm someone who wants to see some evidence of what a player may bring when it counts before I go all in. Life has taught me to be cautious that way. I've seen enough would be's to know one preseason game does not a good player make necessarily. Mitchell has done little else than catch four passes (impressive as they were) in a preseason game against guys who may not be in the league soon. I'm not saying he can't be special, just that he hasn't been special yet. He hasn't had the chance. We have no real clue what he'll do when it matters. Hogan kind of falls in that category since he hasn't played in our offense yet. There's someone comparing Mitchell to Antonio Brown (and thought I was about to get into a back and forth - NOPE). What? Just because they were drafted around the same place? ****, if that's all it takes, then what's up with Dobson? Why didn't Chad Jackson do anything? C'mon. The guy caught 129 passes in a season playing against some of the best corners the game has to offer. Mitchell has caught four in a preseason game, again, against guys who likely won't be in the league shortly. It's asinine. And durability is a concern too. He's already in the tub, so to speak, freak injury or not (I have to laugh when people try to make a distinction between a freak injury or any other type - you miss time regardless). So we'll see. But I absolutely have high hopes. I'll say it again before I get accused of not liking him. I ABSOLUTELY HAVE HIGH HOPES. I'm just not going to spray my shorts because he looked good in one preseason game and was drafted near Antonio Brown. Oh and he was a five star high school this and an all SEC that, as if any of that really means he'll be a star at this level.

So for me right now, Amendola is more than just the fourth option. If none of the others pan out, we know what we have with him. That's simply my point. The other guys, until they do it, are question marks. I do believe each can do it though. That does not mean that they will. I hope that makes sense to you.

Last edited:

to stay on the positive side - it was his left hand

Aaron Dobson

200w.gif

Didn't expect that. Good for him, hope he's not at too much risk for aggravation.

If he's in full pads does that mean he's expected to hit and get hit at full speed? No red non-contact jersey or anything? If so, that's pretty amazing.

If he's in full pads does that mean he's expected to hit and get hit at full speed? No red non-contact jersey or anything? If so, that's pretty amazing.

Report from radio was that he was not wearing the red jersey.

Now nobody else buy his ******* jersey.

Edelman, Gronk, AND now we have this guy?

No doubt about it, we have the toughest WR core in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back