Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots Ink First Round Pick Chandler Jones

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Patriots Ink First Round Pick Chandler Jones
    By: Ian Logue

It might only be May, but it appears the Patriots are taking care of business a little early this year after published reports revealed they've locked up first round pick Chandler Jones....

2. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

sorry Ian, but I think you missed the boat here. Whether they count against the 90 man limit or not isn't going to motivate me to make a bad deal if I am the patriots FO. I think you are identifying the wrong side that is better motivated.

What is driving the quick signings is that both sides know pretty much what their slot price is when going into negotiations due to the rookie salary limitations and the stable salary cap. When the salary cap was going up $10M a year everyone wanted a piece of that pie.

Previously agents and rookies were motivated to sit on contract negotiations to find out what the guy picked 1, 2, and 3 slots in front of him got and then ask for a few thousand less. Now they know what they should get so agents dont have any reason to dork around. They want their commission in the bank if they cant increase it by waiting.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

The numbers are intriguing.. and make sense, I like this part of the new CBA...
    I thought they could sign him for 5 years...????

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.