PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have spoken to representatives DT Sam Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that many believe that our players will get snapped up if we put on the Practice Squad.

With regard to Mays, we have several ST spots. Instead of moving Mays to the Practice Squad, we could instead cut Izzo or Alexander or Woods or perhaps Mitchell or Andrews. Mays had a good season as a special teamer, but I would chose all the above over Mays.

why would Mays go to PS? He was 1 of our best ST players.
Mills to PS? He would get taken away quickly.

I know that many believe that our players will get snapped up if we put on the Practice Squad.

With regard to Mays, we have several ST spots. Instead of moving Mays to the Practice Squad, we could instead cut Izzo or Alexander or Woods or perhaps Mitchell or Andrews. Mays had a good season as a special teamer, but I would chose all the above over Mays.

scratch Mitchell..i dont see him making roster unless Andrews gets cut instead of something

-Meriweather
-Harrison
-Wilson
-Sanders
-Hawkins

those are the safeties..and 1 STer..either Mitchell or Andrews who also plays CB and brings versatility to his value

Mays can still be polished up to be a decent backup LB..who are the backups at LB? Seau..Woods..Mays? Thats not many people.

OK, we both have six safeties. I have Hawkins as the odd man out; you have Mitchell.

With regard to LB, Mays could have a future, or not. It would be good for him to beat out Alexander for a spot, since this is Alexander's contract year. I don't think more than six linebackers will get many reps. Even the sixth is likely to be inactive. I think that we will carry 8-10 lienbackers, as we usually do. See below for my list of nine.

Starters: Thomas, Vrabel, Bruschi, Colvin
Backups: Seau, free agent vet
STers: Izzo, Woods, Alexander

scratch Mitchell..i dont see him making roster unless Andrews gets cut instead of something

-Meriweather
-Harrison
-Wilson
-Sanders
-Hawkins

those are the safeties..and 1 STer..either Mitchell or Andrews who also plays CB and brings versatility to his value

Mays can still be polished up to be a decent backup LB..who are the backups at LB? Seau..Woods..Mays? Thats not many people.

OK, we both have six safeties. I have Hawkins as the odd man out; you have Mitchell.

With regard to LB, Mays could have a future, or not. It would be good for him to beat out Alexander for a spot, since this is Alexander's contract year. I don't think more than six linebackers will get many reps. Even the sixth is likely to be inactive. I think that we will carry 8-10 lienbackers, as we usually do. See below for my list of nine.

i dont see our LBs changing..added Thomas lost TBC.

i dont see how Mitchell beats out Hawkins coming off an ACL and never really starting many games. Hawkins is a good backup..decent starter and hes a leader..knows what hes doing. His play didnt help us get back together..it was his leadership and smarts

i was hoping Mitchell would make an impact..amazing ST player in New Orleans but hes got a huge uphill battle

I think Andrews makes this team as he can play db, return kicks, and can cover kicks. Very versatile, young, and cheap.

I too am rooting for Andrews.

Although this is a very strong defense, many of us would like to see veteran free agents signed as an upgreade to Smith and Lua/Mays. Sam Adams and Chad Brown are the current candidates, although others could be signed in their place.

DEFENSE 26
DE - 5 Seymour, Warren, Green, Wright, Brown
DT - 2 Wilfork, Smith/(free agent)
LB - 6 Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Bruschi, Seau, veteran free agent/(Mays),(Lua)
CB - 4 Samuel, Hobbs, Scott, Gay/(James)
S - 4 Sanders, Wilson, Harrison, Meriweather
ST 5 Woods, Alexander, Izzo, Mitchell/(Hawkins), Andrews

Sam Adams and Boston... a good match.

Making me thirsty for a beer, being that is 96 here today.

As I understand it Adams might be willing to play for a low salary as long as he can get some extra income as a product promoter.

Unfortunately there's really no appropriate company or product that comes to mind that would be a good match.

The only thing we will see with Sam Adams and the Pats this yr, is me drinking

Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Lite
Octoberfest
Winter Ale

While watching a pats game, Reiss is saying he signing with the Broncs... :p

I think Evans will be cut before Mills is. Mills can play full back and I believe I heard that Sammy Morris can play some too though I'm not sure about that. The Patriots won the Superbowl in 2003 and 2004 without a true fullback. Then they could keep another running back instead of Evans. So it might look like:

Maroney
Faulk
Morris
Hairston/Chris Brown

Reiss is reporting that Sam Adams is set to sign with Denver.

I think it's more likely Seau and Thomas start inside in the base 3-4. Seau as the run stuffer and Thomas playing Bruschi's former position. Bruschi will likely be on the field in most of the sub packages. This lineup allows everybody to play to their strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back